Author Topic: What happened to the rumored Sacramento deal? Speculation welcome.  (Read 2095 times)

Re: What happened to the rumored Sacramento deal? Speculation welcome.
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2014, 02:03:15 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
My speculation is this: Danny wanted to swap 6 and 8 plus Mclemore and they kept saying, "we'll just *give* you the 8 for Rondo" and Danny said, "For the last (exp) time, no!" and hung up.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 02:08:09 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
After reading Bulpett's article today I believe what happened was that the Kings wanted the Celtics to take back a non expiring contract (my guess is Thompson or Landyry) and the C's said no.

Unless they can add a really good young player I expect them to ask for multiple firsts and enough expirings to cover Wallace and Rondo's contract. I don't think anyone gives them this and they end up trying to convince Rondo as well as another max player to join the team in 2015.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 02:13:44 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I'll speculate a three team deal between Bos/Sac/Det is in the works. The bones of the deal would be Sac gets Rondo and Smith, Det gets Stauskas and Green ( and rid of Smith), and we get Monroe and a future pick from Det or Sac.

I don't honestly believe what I just typed but the deal arguably makes sense for all 3 teams given the state of their franchises.

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 02:17:04 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
i'll speculate and say trading Rondo is the last option, that trade will be there all season. while we continue to try to add to Rondo instead of trading him.

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 02:22:43 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
It was a crap deal & Danny walked away?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 02:29:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
They tried to low ball us and Danny said no.

The last rumor I heard was Mclemore and the 8th for the 6th, which is laughable.

I can see that offer.  So it would of turned out to be likely Vonleh and Mclemore for the 6th. Not a bad deal

But i think the Celts org were turned off by Vonleh attitude and really enormed with Smart's instigator mentality

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2014, 03:01:17 PM »

Offline CM0

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
They tried to low ball us and Danny said no.

The last rumor I heard was Mclemore and the 8th for the 6th, which is laughable.

That's not a bad trade if the the Magic had taken Exum and the Jazz had taken Vonleh (as many expected), the Kings wanted Gordon, the Celtics wanted Smart, and the Celtics knew that the Lakers were locked in on Randle.

It would have allowed the Celtics to get their guy (Smart) and get McLemore for nothing.