Author Topic: Report: Bosh, Wade to opt out of deals  (Read 8880 times)

Re: Report: Bosh, Wade to opt out of deals
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2014, 01:48:05 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I won't be shedding any tears for Pat Riley and the Miami faithful if everybody bails. 

Not one . . . not two . . . oh, never mind . . . two it is. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2014, 01:53:09 PM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
If this is true, they're sticking together...Wade was the KEY domino in all of this. He's not getting $20 Million per from anyone on the market...He's opting out b/c of assurances from LeBron and Bosh that they're sticking together. If Wade thought James was leaving, he'd opt in and cash in the $42 Million he was set to make the next two years.

Wade and Bosh opt out
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2014, 04:08:47 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
http://t.co/UazTOX4XpB

Bosh might be seeking a deal elsewhere. I'll say it since I know it's gonna be said, Bosh in green?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: Wade and Bosh opt out
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2014, 04:10:48 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2014, 04:23:53 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The fact that Haslem is opting out, as well, really makes me think there's an agreement for Lebron to come back to Miami, with all of them taking lesser deals to bring in another free agent.  Haslem is a loyal guy, but he's not going to touch his currently scheduled salary on the open market.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2014, 04:29:54 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Haslem sucks now...and it would be hilarious if they do not re-sign him....moron.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2014, 04:38:31 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
The fact that Haslem is opting out, as well, really makes me think there's an agreement for Lebron to come back to Miami, with all of them taking lesser deals to bring in another free agent.  Haslem is a loyal guy, but he's not going to touch his currently scheduled salary on the open market.

Oh my god, Haslem is opting out as well!? Jeez ....

Miami could afford a fourth contract in the $14.5 million range if Big Three sign deals at similar rate. That is pretty much the same number the signed for in 2010 when they came together the first time.

And even worse, that might be enough to convince max contract free agent like Carmelo Anthony to give up some money and sign on at that rate. Like they did in 2010 and are willing to do so now again. That is one hell of a pitch.

Gosh, I never considered that possible until now. The Big Three take up so much payroll and then that dead weight they had in Haslem. But they have a realistic chance at pulling this off.

Bloody hell

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2014, 04:38:56 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
I think this guarantees that all 3 come back on lesser deals. There is no way Wade or Bosh would get salaries on the open market that would approach the money they were going to get had they not opted out. On the one hand, its admirable that these guys aren't looking to get every penny possible (see: Bryant, Kobe). On the other hand, its sad to see how much these guys lack the competitive fire to win without a team full of all-stars. If they do this and bring in Melo or somebody else of that caliber, I think their legacy should be horribly tainted (I think it already kind of is).

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2014, 04:40:32 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

This is probably dead on.

Just wonder how big the cuts these guys (particularly Wade and Bosh) are willing to take.

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2014, 04:48:40 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I believe all of them will take a lesser salary to come back and play with each other. As to how much they are taking, I have no idea

I'm not going to crazy as to their salary will grab someone like Melo, but probably make room for a great role player or borderline all-star

Someone like Kyle Lowry in recent rumors...probably make a run at Gasol, Deng or whoever

Will NOT be surprised if Lance Stephenson bolts Indiana to Miami

I mean, why wouldn't they come back...the East is a joke...Indiana is still immature...probably another cake walk to the Finals

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2014, 05:55:01 PM »

Offline thehumburger

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7

According to the A.Woj article it seems like LeBron is seeking a max contract and the other three are doing it together to try to keep him there, though for LeBron it will still depend on they team Riley can put together.

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2014, 06:00:38 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
I won't be shedding any tears for Pat Riley and the Miami faithful if everybody bails. 

Not one . . . not two . . . oh, never mind . . . two it is.
Very lucky to got #2..Spurs blew that big time
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2014, 06:07:34 PM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Jeez, how mighty and powerful is LeBron? If the Wojo article is correct, and I mean, come on, it's Wojo, then LeBron is going to get max money and everyone else is willing to take millions upon millions of dollars less to have the opportunity to play with "The King"? Guy has it made....

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2014, 06:09:23 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
If they take big pay cuts to improve that old bench I say more power to them. Spurs have essentially done the same thing to sustain their success.

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2014, 08:53:58 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
accept it, the heat are not winning it next year,

get a korver or morrow type of players to replace there retiring and not returning players
melo and james will not work very well, it will not

cole
wade
lebron
melo
bosh
that's not a playoffs contender team
spurs would still beat that