Author Topic: Teams interested in Bass  (Read 7017 times)

Re: Teams interested in Bass
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2014, 09:01:27 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
This is like the 3rd or 4th year in a row teams are interested in Bass. No they're not.

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2014, 09:12:39 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
This is like the 3rd or 4th year in a row teams are interested in Bass. No they're not.
Bass is finally an expiring contract. He is trade-able now (at last!).

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2014, 09:22:21 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

It's not like Bass is a bad player.  He can play a role on a contender team.  I'm sure Doc would love him behind Griffin, and give more spacing with his shooting.

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2014, 09:26:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Ok. Interesting. Following this logic who are the mediocre players with expiring contracts that the Celts are now interested in.

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2014, 09:38:15 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Ok. Interesting. Following this logic who are the mediocre players with expiring contracts that the Celts are now interested in.

Last year, it was anyone who would take Courtney Lee's contract. Ended up being J.Bayless.

This year, Celtics cap situation is very good. Gerald Wallace is the only oversized contract that lasts beyond next season but that contract is so bad that nobody will touch it for another 12-18 months without significant incentives thrown into the deal.

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2014, 09:40:03 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Alright. Let's footnote this and see what happens later.

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2014, 02:46:11 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The sort of Bass trades that I imagine are available would be for players signed beyond 2015.  Would you trade Bass in a deal that requires you to take back someone like Carl Landry or Jarrett Jack?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2014, 02:51:54 AM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
The sort of Bass trades that I imagine are available would be for players signed beyond 2015.  Would you trade Bass in a deal that requires you to take back someone like Carl Landry or Jarrett Jack?

Absolutely not. That cap space is the key to this rebuild.

I have no doubt in my mind we will be able to move Bass for a wing type after teams have used up , or failed to find the help they need in FA. We just need to be patient.

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2014, 04:25:30 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Not sure the Celtics have much use for either of those players. Young is a better prospect given the Celtics Roster at this point in time. Young is the only SG under contract at the moment Babb and Johnson are both team options.

I disagree.

I suspect that Vonleh will be an All-Star (or if not, a borderline All-Star) 2-3 years from now.  I wouldn't be too shocked if Embiid ends up ruined due to injury, and Vonleh ends up the best big man from this draft (over Randle, who I syspect will be a major bust).
I have been making my case for Vonleh. I have a summer place on Newfound Lake NH which NewHampton prep is the next town....and they are all really small towns. So I have known about him for awhile. And when he gained 35lbs of muscle before his freshman year of college I knew he would be a stud.
Anyway he has great tools to become a great player, he is the second youngest in the draft!

You simply do NOT naturally put on 35lbs. of muscle.  That is insane.  I would love to know MORE about his supplement plan:-))))

Smitty77
Thats why I think we passed on him(speculation). Theres a video where he talks to a reporter at the end of summer, and he looks like a dif person than from hs.
Steroid use is complete speculation and maybe I am wrong because he has a dif body type than what I have ever been in the gym with and maybe gaining that weight is easier for bigs because they are longer.

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2014, 04:28:55 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

I have no doubt in my mind we will be able to move Bass for a wing type after teams have used up , or failed to find the help they need in FA. We just need to be patient.
I think we will get fair value for bass. I could see Houston taking him to be with Howard. I think he might have the best ft percentage of any big guy...85%

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2014, 03:13:50 PM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18

I think we will get fair value for bass. I could see Houston taking him to be with Howard. I think he might have the best ft percentage of any big guy...85%

Bass, Green and Pick(s) for Lin and S&T Parsons
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart