Author Topic: Teams interested in Bass  (Read 7004 times)

Teams interested in Bass
« on: June 27, 2014, 06:37:28 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1925952-5-teams-that-should-consider-brandon-bass-trade

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-02-10/boston-celtics-brandon-bass-trade-rumors-deadline-phoenix-suns-golden-state-warriors-charlotte-bobcats

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1303188&start=0

I just had a nice exchange with Tom Sorensen, Charlotte Observer sportswriter, about the draft and any possible Hornets interest in Bass and/or Green.  He has not heard any interest and says they like MKG.  (I don't know why as he simply CANNOT score or defend strong players like Lebron!!)

I wonder if we could see a trade of Bass or Green AND Jame Young for Bismack Biyombo and Vonleh.  He said that Biz is OUT of the rotation now, but that he thinks the Hornets intend to keep Vonleh.  I wish we could trade Green and Young for Vonleh and Biz!!!!!

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Re: Teams interested in Bass
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 06:40:37 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Why would the Celtics want Vonleh when Ainge is on record saying they passed on him because of attitude concerns?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 06:49:30 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Why would the Celtics want Vonleh when Ainge is on record saying they passed on him because of attitude concerns?

I KNEW IT.

I knew he had attitude problems after hear him say he wanted to play the 3.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 06:59:28 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Bass is an expiring contract so there should be a good number of teams willing to take him on.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 07:06:57 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Please give me the link for that!!  I don't doubt you at all, but just want to sent this to a buddy who is a Hornets fan.

Thanks,

Smitty77

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 07:11:10 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
those articles are from february  ??? ???

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 07:57:05 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Not sure the Celtics have much use for either of those players. Young is a better prospect given the Celtics Roster at this point in time. Young is the only SG under contract at the moment Babb and Johnson are both team options.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Not sure the Celtics have much use for either of those players. Young is a better prospect given the Celtics Roster at this point in time. Young is the only SG under contract at the moment Babb and Johnson are both team options.
Well, technically he's not under contract either, even though it's imminent. Also, this depends on whether the team views Smart as a SG at this point.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 08:26:28 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
I wonder if there is a way to get Cody Zeller......

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 08:30:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'll believe it when I see it

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 08:49:12 PM »

Offline RRNoLookPass

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15

I wonder if we could see a trade of Bass or Green AND Jame Young for Bismack Biyombo and Vonleh.  He said that Biz is OUT of the rotation now, but that he thinks the Hornets intend to keep Vonleh.  I wish we could trade Green and Young for Vonleh and Biz!!!!!

Thoughts??

Smitty77

If Danny traded Green AND James Young in the same deal, it most definitely better be for another wing in return, because a deal like that would leave the C's without a single SF on the roster. That's not a good position to be in.

Edit-- Forgot about Wallace for a min, but jeez, the thought of him being our only SF on the roster is scary.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 09:08:35 PM by RRNoLookPass »

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 08:51:40 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I wonder if you could trade Bass for Biyombo. Now that the Hornets have Vonleh, Biyombo may be expendable.

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 08:52:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'll believe it when I see it

Haa haa ....

TP.    :)

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2014, 07:59:39 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Biyombo seems to be Joel Anthony 2.0.  I'm not sure why people think he's going to be much better than that.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2014, 08:08:21 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Biyombo seems to be Joel Anthony 2.0.  I'm not sure why people think he's going to be much better than that.
Physical talent