Author Topic: Opponents shot 27 percent FG% vs Marcus  (Read 3113 times)

Opponents shot 27 percent FG% vs Marcus
« on: June 27, 2014, 04:18:23 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

This is a crucial fact to this draft. He can and will be guarding the best point guards, shooting guards, and yes small forwards in the NBA, he will be checking, John Wall to Lebron James, Westbrook to Kevin Durant. Anyone that's on fire he is going to demand to at least try to slow them down.

He did great guarding Wiggins. He said he want the chance against Lebron, And Danny and Brad are on record saying he will guard 1,2, and threes sometimes.

http://youtu.be/2eG37EH0_U0

Re: Opponents shot 27 percent FG% vs Marcus
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 04:26:35 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Rondo was a heck of a defender when he first came out, AB was also. Problem is when you start playing more minutes your defensive intensity drops so you can stay on the court longer. Players get to tired or end up fouling out, NBA refs don't call it the same way as college. He guards big name NBA players like that he will foul out in 10 minutes!

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 04:28:30 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
tp for the video. thanks, it was interesting to watch. it was similar to another video of smart playing against exum.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 01:17:03 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Rondo was a heck of a defender when he first came out, AB was also. Problem is when you start playing more minutes your defensive intensity drops so you can stay on the court longer. Players get to tired or end up fouling out, NBA refs don't call it the same way as college. He guards big name NBA players like that he will foul out in 10 minutes!

This is what will be so great about a three guard rotation of Rondo, Bradley, and Smart.  Between the three of them, they'll be able to provide top notch perimeter defensive intensity throughout an entire game. 

I'm looking forward to seeing this backcourt play.  I hope Danny doesn't panic the way many of the fans around here are, and that he and Coach Brad see the potential in keeping these three together. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 04:21:26 AM »

Offline TheGreenMonster

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 40
Think it was awful nice of Marcus to allow Wiggins out of his back pocket so he could attend the draft  ;)

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 11:44:26 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

I saw an article stating that Steven's asked requested for Bradley to play with less intensity on defense (less full court pressure) and that he wanted him to focus more on team defense.

As for Rondo, I think that's an extreme example.  Since the Big 3 got older, a hell of a lot of responsibility fell on Rondo's shoulders.  He basically had to handle the ball every possession, set up every play, push transition AND do all that for 36 minutes a game.  I think part of his defensive struggles come from the fact that none of Boston's other perimeter players (Bradley, Green) are confident ball handlers or playmakers, and that forces Rondo to pretty much do everything.  Part of the reason why I think having a combo guard like Smart ont he court with Rondo would help a lot - I think ht would reduce a lot of pressure off Rondo, because at times Smart could bring the ball up and initiate the offense. 

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 05:25:09 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
What were the individual rankings in opponents' FG% and where did Smart rank??

Thanks,

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 11:21:15 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Smart is an elite defender.  He has made top prospects such as Exum and Wiggins look like bad, limited players.  I'm not worried about Smart.  He is going to be a stud, the question is how many minutes will he get in his first season, and where is he going to play?  I think we will have to play him out of position at times at the 2 so that we can get the best players on the court at the same time.

What were the individual rankings in opponents' FG% and where did Smart rank??

Thanks,

Smitty77

According to advanced stats such as WARP - Smart was the overall #1 prospect in the 2014 NBA draft class and the most NBA-ready.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/story/_/id/11102133/nba-draft-marcus-smart-tops-kevin-pelton-prospect-projection-rankings

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 11:41:56 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
my personal opinion is that this whole "rondo avery marcus future back court" is total bs. i think you have to say that unless you want Rondo's value to go down, because you just drafted an elite pg. I see Rondo gone, especially now that we gave Bradley his weight in gold.

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 09:54:19 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
As another poster suggested I expect Smart to get completely ripped off by the refs and be called on tons of ticky tack fouls just for being a rookie.

Sullinger had to sit so much because of bias against rookies.  He started to get some respect last season though.

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 10:13:49 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
my personal opinion is that this whole "rondo avery marcus future back court" is total bs. i think you have to say that unless you want Rondo's value to go down, because you just drafted an elite pg. I see Rondo gone, especially now that we gave Bradley his weight in gold.

How can you consider Smart an elite PG over Rondo when he hasn't even stepped on an NBA court yet and Rondo already has a championship under his belt?

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 10:20:51 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
As another poster suggested I expect Smart to get completely ripped off by the refs and be called on tons of ticky tack fouls just for being a rookie.

Sullinger had to sit so much because of bias against rookies.  He started to get some respect last season though.

Sully didn't come in with a rep as a great defender. I think that will help.

On the other hand Smart also has a reputation as a flopper...it'll be interesting to see whether that hurts him.