Author Topic: 6'3" 230 Pound Point Guard. There is no comparison.  (Read 26245 times)

Re: 6'3" 230 Pound Point Guard. Marcus Smart.
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2014, 01:15:23 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
This part is hilarious, "This guy will guard one's two's and threes with his weight, length, quickness, and toughness." Come on man, threes? Can we all just say Smart can't guard threes, no offense to Smart or anyone but the man is not guarding Durant although it would be cool to see Durant put 100 points on Smart. Durant would be taking set shots as if Smart was a bug flying around his waist.

Actually Danny Ainge And brad Stevens Disagree with you, Go to Celtics>com and listen to the interviews post draft. And who was probably the most successful guy in the playoffs guarding 6'10" Kevin Durant. If you guessed 6'3" Tony Allen than your right. Boom Eat crow.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 05:14:17 AM by KG Living Legend »

Re: 6'3" 230 Pound Point Guard. There is no comparison.
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2014, 01:22:52 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I think this guy is Kyle Lowry on steroids basically.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2016, 05:09:57 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

BUMPED. I wanted to see the optimism back then.

He was a little too hyped athletically. They got me with the three cine drill he beat Westbrook and Wall somehow.

He's an awesome guy to have on your team, but Brown is the real deal as far as athletes are considered.

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2016, 05:18:32 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
This part is hilarious, "This guy will guard one's two's and threes with his weight, length, quickness, and toughness." Come on man, threes? Can we all just say Smart can't guard threes, no offense to Smart or anyone but the man is not guarding Durant although it would be cool to see Durant put 100 points on Smart. Durant would be taking set shots as if Smart was a bug flying around his waist.

The hilarious part is how people like to take statements completely out of context, and extrapolate that context to mean that a player will be able to guard everyone in a certain position in which he would be capable of filling in match-up specific opportunities.

And TP Budweiser, for saying it perfectly.

What's extra funny is I didn't mention that he would be our best option in the playoff's for guarding the other team's power forward when no one else could stop him Paul Millsap isn't that the funniest. Looks like that dude can eat some serious Crow.

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2016, 07:31:30 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Smart did a great job vs Milsap but I don't think he could repeat that. Milsap I think also just missed shots. I lived it but I think that was overblown. Plus I'm more concerned with Smart being able to at least stay with point guards and at least be able to be a threat to drive.

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2016, 08:54:41 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/243198/Marcus-Smart-And-Bostons-Point-Guard-Quest

is a great article on Smart, his shooting numbers are scary bad.  :'(

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2016, 08:55:09 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Smart did a great job vs Milsap but I don't think he could repeat that. Milsap I think also just missed shots. I lived it but I think that was overblown. Plus I'm more concerned with Smart being able to at least stay with point guards and at least be able to be a threat to drive.

He also shut down Porzingis which is I think, not a coincidence. He pretty much shooked Cousins too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CifxHpQWc_0

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2016, 08:58:45 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I believed in Marcus then...I believe in Marcus now...and I will continue to believe in Marcus.

He's too talented and too much of a hard worker to not become a starter on a championship contender.

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2016, 09:48:56 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Where is Lbrrd when you need him? As you guys can see, expectations were high for Smart by the posters on this board.

Re: 6'3" 230 Pound Point Guard. Marcus Smart.
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2016, 10:08:36 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Actually Danny Ainge And brad Stevens Disagree with you, Go to Celtics>com and listen to the interviews post draft. And who was probably the most successful guy in the playoffs guarding 6'10" Kevin Durant. If you guessed 6'3" Tony Allen than your right. Boom Eat crow.
Unless Tony Allen shrank, he's about 6'5 in shoes.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2016, 10:25:35 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
Smart doesn't guard pgs well either. What is this craziness??

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2016, 11:36:30 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Where is Lbrrd when you need him? As you guys can see, expectations were high for Smart by the posters on this board.
and his career is finished, so we can judge him accordingly, ha!
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2016, 11:48:56 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
this was just one thread, there were others where people weren't so optimistic.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2016, 12:22:05 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
Can't stay with pgs, can't drive with success, historically bad shooter with ( IMO) bad mechanics. Low iq , hero ball bad shot selection. Superb defense at the 2 guard. This to me is what smart has been.

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2016, 12:39:25 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Can't stay with pgs, can't drive with success, historically bad shooter with ( IMO) bad mechanics. Low iq , hero ball bad shot selection. Superb defense at the 2 guard. This to me is what smart has been.

Exactly right--he just is not a PG.  And without a brain transplant probably never will be.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt