Author Topic: 6'3" 230 Pound Point Guard. There is no comparison.  (Read 26445 times)

Re: 6'3" 230 Pound Point Guard. There is no comparison.
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2016, 01:13:59 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Can't stay with pgs, can't drive with success, historically bad shooter with ( IMO) bad mechanics. Low iq , hero ball bad shot selection. Superb defense at the 2 guard. This to me is what smart has been.

Exactly right--he just is not a PG.  And without a brain transplant probably never will be.

He's definitely been didsapointing overall but I chalk that all up to the Boston media. He was pretty much declared heir to rondo right away, the education of Marcus smart special, just too much hype for a role player. If he developed into more that's fantastic but he never deserved all the hype. He'll take s terrible guarded standstill 3 just because he hasn't shot one in awhile and it's a hideous clanger or air ball and the announcers are just quiet. Anyone else and they're all over it being a bad shot.

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2016, 01:18:34 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
You see the difference now after smart hype with the way they've handled the #3 pick Brown. Everyone has hope but there are no crazy expectations from the media. I think the Boston media will continue to hype smart for half the year and finally give up. I don't think brown will get the same unfair expectations.

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2016, 01:22:50 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
last time i looked marcus smart was a boston celtic basketball player who deserves respect
 there were several posts that were not in the spirit of this board

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2016, 01:32:18 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Can't stay with pgs, can't drive with success, historically bad shooter with ( IMO) bad mechanics. Low iq , hero ball bad shot selection. Superb defense at the 2 guard. This to me is what smart has been.

Exactly right--he just is not a PG.  And without a brain transplant probably never will be.

this is a flagrant insult to a boston celtic baskeball player

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2016, 02:03:56 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93

You can't handle the truth.

No insult--he is not a PG, that is true ... and he has to earn respect --which he has in some areas and other areas he needs to work.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2016, 02:17:02 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
sigh. as is often par for the cb course, folks love to leap to extremely premature conclusions.

"Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting." so said joyce meyers.  :)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2016, 02:30:04 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Maybe you thought the lower case joyce meyers would make it all right, but as I see it, the Mahatma, and joyce meyers, should never be in the same post.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2016, 02:48:35 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
last time i looked marcus smart was a boston celtic basketball player who deserves respect
TP rollie

I love the respect you show for our own players!

We need more of that.

Smart gives it his all. If you can't respect that, then why are you even rooting for the C's?
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2016, 02:50:07 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Maybe you thought the lower case joyce meyers would make it all right, but as I see it, the Mahatma, and joyce meyers, should never be in the same post.
i mean, they weren't in the same post.

One is a sig
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2016, 03:00:47 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney

Bradley isn't either. That's the thing. They are not insults. They are just things he does poorly. 

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2016, 03:02:58 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
Olynyk is a poor shot blocker. That's not an insult. I love Kelly and Whwre is anyone questioning Smart's effort?? I think we all love his effort.

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2016, 03:04:11 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
TP rollie

I love the respect you show for our own players!

We need more of that.

Smart gives it his all. If you can't respect that, then why are you even rooting for the C's?

Where is anyone not respecting smart giving his all?

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2016, 03:07:32 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
If you think smart has displayed good shooting, point guard instincts, good handle, and covering a point like Jeff Teague well, then we just disagree on all of those. Doesn't have anything to do with respecting effort. You're just putting words in people's mouths.

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2016, 03:13:56 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker

You can't handle the truth.

No insult--he is not a PG, that is true ... and he has to earn respect --which he has in some areas and other areas he needs to work.
so needing a brain transplant and no bbiq is not an insult-
2 years into league about a quarter spent with serious injuries and the majority not 100%
marcus has earned my respect not for some abstract number that fans use to bludgeon a player that doesn't fit their expectations  as a fan --anybody, that has played the game has to respect marcus for his defense and intangibles-
he shot 33% his rookie year, while having no lift from serious high ankle sprain that kept him from driving
last years shooting, i believe suffered from 2 injuries
i think you have your brain in backwards and would rather attack than appreciate the talent marcus has

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2016, 04:00:57 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
no. a simple case of my source using meyers. if it is orginally from mahatma, then i stand corrected and thank you.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva