Author Topic: If Danny can buy a 2nd round pick who would you want to pickup??  (Read 2496 times)

Re: If Danny can buy a 2nd round pick who would you want to pickup??
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 11:35:03 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I wanted Isiah Austin in the second round.....poor guy. But lucky to be ok and alive.

what a nice thing the NBA did for Austin.  I was clapping.  very unfortunate

Yup. Excellent gesture from the NBA.

Silver's definitely going out of his way to make the league a much friendlier place than in years past -- definitely for the better, even if almost all of my favorite players are/were jerks.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Re: If Danny can buy a 2nd round pick who would you want to pickup??
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 04:17:00 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Apparently this was all smoke and mirrors? Multiple picks were available for cash in the second round, and we got none.

I guess at 55-60 you can gamble that the guy you want will go undrafted, but was there really noone we liked in the mid-40s?

The Minnesota Timberwolves traded the rights to Markel Brown (No. 44) to the Brooklyn Nets for cash.

The Washington Wizards traded the rights to Jordan Clarkson (No. 46) to the Los Angeles Lakers for cash.

The Bobcats traded the rights to Semaj Christon (No. 55) to the Oklahoma City Thunder for cash.

The Indiana Pacers traded the rights to Louis Labeyrie (No. 57) to the New York Knicks for cash.

The Toronto Raptors traded the rights to Xavier Thames (No. 59) to the Nets for cash.

The 76ers traded the rights to Cory Jefferson (No. 60) to the Nets for cash.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."