Author Topic: KILLED IT  (Read 8399 times)

Re: KILLED IT
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 11:10:59 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Hope your right. I see added depth. Don't like the "Smart" pick at all, makes no sense to me to take a guy that will sit behind your best player. ::)

Seems like we have a mess on our hands and now we have to fix it and that may take a year. I see vets getting to many minutes and us winning 30 games and getting the 6th pick again, not very good at this point IMO.
you think rondo will want to re-sign with the celtics while we tank for the next 5 years? honest q.

NO

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 11:15:32 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Hope your right. I see added depth. Don't like the "Smart" pick at all, makes no sense to me to take a guy that will sit behind your best player. ::)

Seems like we have a mess on our hands and now we have to fix it and that may take a year. I see vets getting to many minutes and us winning 30 games and getting the 6th pick again, not very good at this point IMO.
you think rondo will want to re-sign with the celtics while we tank for the next 5 years? honest q.

NO
and thats why we have smart.

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 11:22:09 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Can someone.compare young vs harris? I really wanted harris there, convince me I am wrong.
Harris had an injury, Young did not.
Young also measured well, and maybe if he was on a dif team would have filled the stat sheet more.

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 11:25:16 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Young could have easily scored 18-19 ppg on a different team. Such a good scorer and will be a good shooter. I like the Joe Johnson comp

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2014, 11:27:16 PM »

Offline michael 26

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
I think Marcus Smart was the best choice available. He can evolve into a great player once he polishes his shot. Also he can play the 2 alongside Rondo and could replace him in the case of a trade  :'(.

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 11:40:42 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Great picks. Some realism though:

Gary Harris is not 6'2" in sneakers. He's 6'5". This whole undersized thing with him is patently false

Smart's selection means neither that. Rondo will be traded or that Smart will play only a minor role behind Rondo. Young could be the starter next to Rondo, Smart could be first guard off the bench an all three players could see around 30 mPg each without a problem

I could see where this would put Bradley resigning here as more in doubt but perhaps not as Young can act as a backup 3 at times to get minutes as well

not true, nick. He measured 6'3.5" in the combine with shoes.  The 6'5" was BS college exageration. But a very good player.

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2014, 02:11:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Gary Harris is not 6'2" in sneakers. He's 6'5". This whole undersized thing with him is patently false

Smart's selection means neither that. Rondo will be traded or that Smart will play only a minor role behind Rondo. Young could be the starter next to Rondo, Smart could be first guard off the bench an all three players could see around 30 mPg each without a problem

I could see where this would put Bradley resigning here as more in doubt but perhaps not as Young can act as a backup 3 at times to get minutes as well

not true, nick. He measured 6'3.5" in the combine with shoes.  The 6'5" was BS college exageration. But a very good player.
No in the combine he was 6'4.5" in shoes and that is not an undersized SG.

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2014, 02:36:54 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

Two extra inches in shoes? Gary Harris must be playing in those high heel sneakers.

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2014, 02:38:25 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Let's just settle on 6'4 . Gary Harris is 6'4 !

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2014, 02:53:16 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Gary Harris did not excite me whatsoever. James Young, I think has much better pro potential.

I wanted a big with the #6 pick, but can't argue with M. Smart as a talent, bad ass and true stud as a back court piece. Might as well mix it up (a la PHX) and play multiple point and combo guards at once. Throw out our best athletes and get after teams. Rondo, Smart, Young and maybe Bradley will be forces to be taken seriously.

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2014, 03:02:59 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
According to DraftExpress, NBA combine measurements:
height without shoes/height with shoes/wingspan/standing reach
Gary Harris 6'2.5"/6'4.5"/6'6.75"/8'0"
Marcus Smart 6'2"/6'3.25"/6'9.25"/8'3"
Avery Bradley 6'2"/6'3.25"/6'7.25"/8'2.5"
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2014, 03:21:09 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100

Well, if AB was playing the 2 due to his standing reach covering up his being a little short, Smart should have no major issues re: height. He's also MUCH stronger than AB, so that should help, since one of AB's issues on defense was getting pushed inside by bigger 2s. I still think a 3-headed guard rotation with Rondo, Smart, and AB can work really well (if we keep everyone), but if nothing else, I think Smart makes AB a sign-and-trade candidate if we try to get a star like Love, etc.

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2014, 03:52:35 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Harris' standing reach is 8'0" while Bradley's is 8'2.5".  He's undersized, that's why he fell so far.

Yep, the guy to compare Harris with is Young, and per the combine, Young is 2 3/4" taller with a whopping 8" advantage in standing reach (8'8" vs. 8'0").

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2014, 04:05:09 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Well, if AB was playing the 2 due to his standing reach covering up his being a little short, Smart should have no major issues re: height. He's also MUCH stronger than AB, so that should help, since one of AB's issues on defense was getting pushed inside by bigger 2s. I still think a 3-headed guard rotation with Rondo, Smart, and AB can work really well (if we keep everyone), but if nothing else, I think Smart makes AB a sign-and-trade candidate if we try to get a star like Love, etc.

That's what I'm talking about, this can be a very nice 3 guard rotation!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2014, 04:07:07 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

for what it is worth, draft express gives height measurements from multiple sources. the heights w/o shoes are 6'2.5" and 6'3"

for his height WITH shoes (and i assume no high heels) ranged from 6'4" to 6'6".

maybe he had a growth spurt between measurements.  ;)

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Gary-Harris-6273/

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva