Author Topic: KILLED IT  (Read 8400 times)

KILLED IT
« on: June 26, 2014, 10:03:55 PM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
WE KILLED THIS DRAFT! THANK YOU BASED DANNY!

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo

Re: KILLED IT
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 10:06:18 PM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
By the way, I went to HS with James Young, and am really excited about seeing him on my team as well. He was a diligent gym rat as well, really excited to see the shooting he can provide for us.

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 10:14:04 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Can someone.compare young vs harris? I really wanted harris there, convince me I am wrong.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 10:17:28 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Can someone.compare young vs harris? I really wanted harris there, convince me I am wrong.
Harris had an injury, Young did not.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 10:22:27 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Hope your right. I see added depth. Don't like the "Smart" pick at all, makes no sense to me to take a guy that will sit behind your best player. ::)

Seems like we have a mess on our hands and now we have to fix it and that may take a year. I see vets getting to many minutes and us winning 30 games and getting the 6th pick again, not very good at this point IMO.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 10:28:52 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
From my perspective of watching both, I think that James Young has more offensive potential and can play the 2/3 while Harris is a better defensive  player now, but is an undersized 2 guard and can't play the 3 position.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 10:30:21 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Size is the main difference. Harris is 6'2" in shoes. Young is 6'7".

If we drafted Harris, we'd have Rondo, Smart, Bradley and Harris all around the 6'0"-6'2" range.

Young is also the third youngest player in the draft. He doesn't turn 19 until after the conclusion of summer league (august 11th). If you're looking at a player who could actually grow and get taller (Like paul george and Giannis Antetokoumpo in past years) I would say James Young is the prime candidate in this years draft to grow. I know that sounds like really wishful thinking, but you get about one example of this every year. He's only an inch or two from have pure small forward size. With his shooting ability, could be a steal in the middle of the first round.

Also right now he has 6'11" wingspan. So he can play the 3, as is, but would be slightly undersized.

Also, I enjoyed watching him play in the NCAA tournament. While he made some mistakes, he wanted the ball when in mattered. You could see him take the lead at times when the team was struggling in the national championship game. I think he's a competitor.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 10:32:16 PM »

Offline KingofDaPlayazBall

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
Completely Agree, couldn't be any happier with the picks.  My last wish would be for them to some how get into the second round and draft KJ Mcdaniels, who i think is a slightly smaller version of Aaron Gordon.

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 10:33:18 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
James Young has a bunch of potential... Wouldve been a top 8 pick in most drafts, great pick

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 10:36:55 PM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
I wouldn't be mad nor surprised if Bradley is moved. If Bradley can play the 2, a bigger, stronger version of him in Smart can definitely play that position as well. And if he's as dedicated to the game as he's heralded to be, I can see him working well WITH Rondo, not behind him as a 1. Really happy with both picks. Young addresses a dire need for shooting.

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 10:42:33 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
This wouldve been a perfect draft  had Utah passed on Exun

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 10:50:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Great picks. Some realism though:

Gary Harris is not 6'2" in sneakers. He's 6'5". This whole undersized thing with him is patently false

Smart's selection means neither that. Rondo will be traded or that Smart will play only a minor role behind Rondo. Young could be the starter next to Rondo, Smart could be first guard off the bench an all three players could see around 30 mPg each without a problem

I could see where this would put Bradley resigning here as more in doubt but perhaps not as Young can act as a backup 3 at times to get minutes as well

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 10:50:24 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
If we drafted Harris, we'd have Rondo, Smart, Bradley and Harris all around the 6'0"-6'2" range.
Smart is a 6'3+ with enormous reach. Should be fit to play SG, I think.

Harris is not 6'5. He's 6'2.5 barefoot, and the typical rule is to add 1'25 for shoes. So a little shorter than Smart. The thing is, Smart's wingspan/standing reach are 3" longer.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 10:56:47 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Great picks. Some realism though:

Gary Harris is not 6'2" in sneakers. He's 6'5". This whole undersized thing with him is patently false

Smart's selection means neither that. Rondo will be traded or that Smart will play only a minor role behind Rondo. Young could be the starter next to Rondo, Smart could be first guard off the bench an all three players could see around 30 mPg each without a problem

I could see where this would put Bradley resigning here as more in doubt but perhaps not as Young can act as a backup 3 at times to get minutes as well

Harris' standing reach is 8'0" while Bradley's is 8'2.5".  He's undersized, that's why he fell so far.

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 10:58:57 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Hope your right. I see added depth. Don't like the "Smart" pick at all, makes no sense to me to take a guy that will sit behind your best player. ::)

Seems like we have a mess on our hands and now we have to fix it and that may take a year. I see vets getting to many minutes and us winning 30 games and getting the 6th pick again, not very good at this point IMO.
you think rondo will want to re-sign with the celtics while we tank for the next 5 years? honest q.