Author Topic: Woj: Afflalo to Denver  (Read 5968 times)

Re: Woj: Afflalo to Denver
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2014, 11:15:11 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Not shocked they moved him. Really didnt fit the mold of the Celtics I thought kinda glad he isn't walking thru that door.Danny has a plan and it will come out tonight. People this will be more than a one year rebuild. Takes time to for a team of young players which this team will have.

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2014, 11:16:29 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
@AlexKennedyNBA  47s
Remember, Arron Afflalo was being mentioned as a piece that Denver wanted to acquire to improve their Kevin Love offer. This could be big.
I suspect you're on to something here.  would not surprise me if Afflalo was part of a package for Love -- maybe with Faried and maybe Mcgee or Mozgov as other pieces

If Love is really traded to Denver, that's good news for us - we can steal him in free agency next offseason. I don't think he sticks around in Denver.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2014, 11:16:42 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Welp, this takes Orlando out of the running for BOTH the #1 pick & Embiid? Maybe this is good news for us? Although Affalo would have been a great back-court pairing with Rondo if we got Love. So conflicted.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2014, 11:16:56 AM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
@AlexKennedyNBA  44s
This is a strange deal for Orlando, who turned down better offers for Arron Afflalo at the trade deadline. The big question: What's next?

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2014, 11:18:15 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
@AlexKennedyNBA  47s
Remember, Arron Afflalo was being mentioned as a piece that Denver wanted to acquire to improve their Kevin Love offer. This could be big.
I suspect you're on to something here.  would not surprise me if Afflalo was part of a package for Love -- maybe with Faried and maybe Mcgee or Mozgov as other pieces

If Love is really traded to Denver, that's good news for us - we can steal him in free agency next offseason. I don't think he sticks around in Denver.
i know right Denver? wow
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2014, 11:19:54 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
@AlexKennedyNBA  44s
This is a strange deal for Orlando, who turned down better offers for Arron Afflalo at the trade deadline. The big question: What's next?

Thinking the same thing.....this day is weird already.

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2014, 11:20:56 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Welp, this takes Orlando out of the running for BOTH the #1 pick & Embiid? Maybe this is good news for us? Although Affalo would have been a great back-court pairing with Rondo if we got Love. So conflicted.

So this is good for Embiid fans - Embiid to Boston is looking more likely, but bad for the KLove fans - KLove NOT looking like he's coming to Boston. right?

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2014, 11:25:20 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

So this is good for Embiid fans - Embiid to Boston is looking more likely, but bad for the KLove fans - KLove NOT looking like he's coming to Boston. right?

I think the top of the draft is going to be interested - I could see Embiid falling to us. But maybe we still trade the pick for Love. Who knows, this is already the craziest draft day in recent memory for me. So much movement already.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2014, 11:26:43 AM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175

If I were a Wolves' fan, I would be p---ed. Trading your dollar bill for four dimes and hoping that they are quarters is a terrible idea. I don't care how long your playoff drought is...

You will never get fair value for your superstar. It is best to get picks and rebuild. Flip is just trying to cover his own butt as GM/Coach. As a coach, if he loses a lot of games - he can't blame it on the GM for not giving him players.
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2014, 11:29:12 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
West just keeps picking the East clean.

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2014, 11:30:48 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
the stronger the west gets though, the better it may be for us to trade for Kevin Love Flip may look around and say "I cant compete in this conference"

or Love may think the same thing.

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2014, 11:34:46 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Really, really, really perplexing for Orlando.  Their GM has proven to be a shrewd trader, though, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume there's another move planned that was contingent on this.  Also, re: Denver flipping Afflalo for Love:

Chris Dempsey @dempseypost
Again, Afflalo will not be flipped for anyone else, according to Post sources. He'll be in Denver back with the #Nuggets for next season.

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2014, 11:35:42 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
West just keeps picking the East clean.

Fine with me.   

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2014, 11:36:06 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Watching the Cs rebuild quickly options move other directions on trades the Cs could easily match. Anyone hoping for Love (like me) should be ready for disappointment.

Yeah this is so perplexing right now.

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2014, 11:37:04 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Afflalo had a career year last season on a bad team that was unrepresentative of his career, but nonetheless this is a one-sided deal.