Author Topic: Embiid to the celtics (ESPN Mock)  (Read 13767 times)

Re: Embiid to the celtics (ESPN Mock)
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 11:51:09 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Trust our Docs. Without see the records I would not be for it; but if they are OK with the medical side I say go for it. We would have our own little island of misfit toys. Green w/ open heart surgery, Sully with back surgery (still not clear what his longterm is). Bradley with the ankle, etc.

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 11:53:58 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
If it's Embiid and Saric, what is the projection for Celtics' wins next year, 20-25? Clearly Rondo will be gone too. Could be the worst season ever for the team.

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 11:57:43 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Trust our Docs. Without see the records I would not be for it; but if they are OK with the medical side I say go for it. We would have our own little island of misfit toys. Green w/ open heart surgery, Sully with back surgery (still not clear what his longterm is). Bradley with the ankle, etc.
The team's doctors don't have a particularly strong track record, at least in my mind. I'd be concerned.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 12:02:48 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Yea - apparently Wojo said that Embiid agent is only sharing the medicals with LAL and C's...

That doesn't sound good.  Why so secret .  If you health was good, then you want to advertise it as such, cause competition amoung suitors ,   and demand the best contract possible.

This kind of action would totally scare me away from a purchase.

I'd avoid future regret and take Vonleh or Gordon

Would you rather be taken by a team that's going to properly nurture you and take care of you as a young player and then consistently try to build a championship team with you? Or would you rather go to an inept franchise like Orlando or Milwaukee? Come on now. This should be obvious. Not sure I trust your scouting skills if you like Vonleh, either.

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 12:18:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Ford has us taking Embiid #6 and Saric #17...

He's straight up trolling Celtic fans.  Either that or he's in cahoots with Ainge and this is an effort to increase the value of those two picks.   There's no way we get Embiid and Saric.   I have a feeling this ends up being a brutally disappointing draft... No Love, No Embiid, No Saric...

We prob just take Gordon 6th, someone ok at #17... and that's it.

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2014, 12:34:13 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

He's straight up trolling Celtic fans.  Either that or he's in cahoots with Ainge and this is an effort to increase the value of those two picks.   There's no way we get Embiid and Saric.   I have a feeling this ends up being a brutally disappointing draft... No Love, No Embiid, No Saric...

So because of your feeling it means someone like Ford is wrong. Getting those two is pretty realistic now.

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2014, 12:37:43 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Won't be Saric, not unless Danny leaves him in Europe for two years!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2014, 12:42:54 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Won't be Saric, not unless Danny leaves him in Europe for two years!

Which is a very realistic possibility.

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2014, 12:44:14 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
hoopshype mock has exum and warren for the c's.  i don't put a whole lot of credence in their mock (would like to see grades like some nfl sites do), but i would consider that a highly successful draft if it came to fruition.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2014, 01:11:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

So because of your feeling it means someone like Ford is wrong. Getting those two is pretty realistic now.
Embiid falling to 6 isn't realistic.  He'll be gone by 4

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2014, 01:12:20 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

Do you have any reasons why he'll be gone by 4?

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2014, 01:13:17 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
According to Andy Katz - can't dismiss Embiid to Orlando or Philly...

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2014, 01:14:26 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I would have no problem taking Embiid at 6 and tanking again next year while he recovers.

This is potentially a wild draft so many things could happen.

It is hard to imagine Embiid falling though.

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2014, 01:14:44 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
According to Andy Katz - can't dismiss Embiid to Orlando or Philly...

I won't dismiss it, but I think it's doubtful.

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2014, 01:17:24 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Do you have any reasons why he'll be gone by 4?
By far the best prospect in the draft... injury or no injury.  Jalen Rose says Cleveland should still take him #1.  Philly will snatch him up.  If not Philly, Orlando will snatch him up.  Absolute worst-case scenario, he goes #5 to Utah... who them trades him + additional assets for #1.  If only to get a team like Boston or LA to give up additional assets to move up, I can't see Embiid falling to #6.  He'll be gone before pick 6.