Author Topic: Time to change Sox?  (Read 3894 times)

Time to change Sox?
« on: June 22, 2014, 07:20:21 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Man, the Red Sox really stink right now. I know that's been true for most of the season, but one of their few consistent bright spots--Koji Uehara--has gone into a terrible funk, blowing two saves in his last three appearances, including giving up two solo home runs against Oakland just now, blowing a two-run ninth-inning lead. To make it worse, the anemic Red Sox offense actually came alive today with 6 runs.

If the offense works, the pitching stinks, or the pitching is good but the defense stinks (looking at you, Bogaerts). Saddest thing is, they still have a legit shot at the postseason but just can't get their act together.

I think they need another quality starter and another big bat. Or maybe they just need to blow it up?

Edit: This was only his first blown save; two appearances ago, against Minny, he stood to take the loss before the Sox got him the win.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 07:55:53 PM by rocknrollforyoursoul »
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Re: Time to change Sox?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 08:14:53 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
What they need is for the guys they have now to start hitting. 

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 08:20:18 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
That would be helpful.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 08:34:42 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I blame the front office of the Red Sox.

They made zero moves in offseason to improve the team.

Thus, they reaped what they sowed.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 12:58:38 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
It has been an incredibly frustrating season. Seems like Peavy is gone and hopefully others are to follow. If we are going to stink, at least play the young kids. Gomes could help a contender. AJP can be dealt for a bowl of soup. I tried to like him but he is very frustrating to watch and I would rather see Vasquez come up from Pawtucket. I am a huge Drew fan but his signing has been a disaster, especially since it would be tough to ping pong XB back to shortstop. And the pitching has been solid but even that has faltered recently especially the pen.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"