Author Topic: ESPN's Jeff Goodman thinks Embiid will fall to #10  (Read 16739 times)

Re: ESPN's Jeff Goodman thinks Embiid will fall to #10
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2014, 05:00:45 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Some more Goodman info:

Jeff Goodman
‏@GoodmanESPN
One NBA GM picking in Top 10 on Embiid: "My medical people told me flat-out not to take him."

You think it is probably bs?
It sounds like Danny using smokescreens
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2014, 05:22:49 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Some more Goodman info:

Jeff Goodman
‏@GoodmanESPN
One NBA GM picking in Top 10 on Embiid: "My medical people told me flat-out not to take him."

You think it is probably bs?
It sounds like Danny using smokescreens

Baxter Holmes wrote something similar

Yet there are mixed feelings around the league about how Embiid?s health will affect his draft stock. Once thought to be a potential No. 1 pick, there?s a legitimate chance that Embiid could slide considerably, perhaps falling out of the top 10 or even the lottery.

?It?s a serious concern,? said one league source.

?Someone will take him top 10,? said one league source. ?The prognosis for a full recovery would really have to be in question for him not to be taken.?

One league source doubted that Embiid would fall out of the top 10. ?I?ll believe it when I see it,? the source said.

Another league source said that because the draft is especially topheavy, featuring several quality players in the top 10 who are potential All-Star players, it just isn?t worth the risk to draft a young 7-footer who already has multiple injuries in areas that are known to be historically problematic for centers.

« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2014, 02:05:45 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
He said this just now on SportsCenter. He also had his top 5 going like this, with some of his comments in parentheses:

1. Cavs- Parker (more ready to play/win now than Wiggins)
2. Bucks- Wiggins
3. Sixers - Vonleh (doesn't like the way Exum would look with MCW)
4. Magic- Exum
5. Jazz- Randle

I was just combing through the old draft threads and decided to bump this. If Eddie20's account for what Goodman said is correct, then it stands to wonder if Jeff's 'plugged in' anywhere. I realize bad info can purposely be passed around by front offices, but he really looks like a chump here, especially with Vonleh going 3.

I did a really lazy google search and found this 'article' from some site called Sportsgrid that ripped Goodman to shreds. The gist of it is that Goodman made a bogus report that Trey Burke was going to declare for the 2012 draft on the day Burke announced he was going to return to Michigan. When an e-mailer called him out on being a fraud, Jeff tried to say the emailer should thank him for possibly convincing Burke to change his mind due to his and others reports, though he could have been joking.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-basketball/espns-jeff-goodman-keeps-getting-caught-making-up-sources-on-the-nba-draft/

So anyways, is what Goodman says worth paying any attention to? I'm leaning towards 'no'.