Author Topic: ESPN's Jeff Goodman thinks Embiid will fall to #10  (Read 16720 times)

Re: ESPN's Jeff Goodman thinks Embiid will fall to #10
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2014, 06:48:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Does anyone actually think that Jeff Goodman knows anything?  I think he's the same moron that was pulling for Danny to sign Dan Dickau.  Just, no.  Plus, he always looks like he's about to spit out a huge piece of chewin' tobacky ::) mmmmmmmmmm!

Danny did sign him, so I guess he knows what he is talking about?

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2014, 06:50:45 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
2 worst wins this season:  the last two in a row; kept us from tying ORL for 3rd worst.

2 best losses this season:  both Laker games. Could you imagine if the Lakers had the 6th pick and we were 7th, and Embiid fell into their lap? That would just suck.

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2014, 06:57:32 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Does anyone actually think that Jeff Goodman knows anything?  I think he's the same moron that was pulling for Danny to sign Dan Dickau.  Just, no.  Plus, he always looks like he's about to spit out a huge piece of chewin' tobacky ::) mmmmmmmmmm!

Danny did sign him, so I guess he knows what he is talking about?

I wouldn't go that far.  I seem to remember him being very wrong more than a few times, but I could be wrong.  He kind of comes and goes as an analyst.  Prior to the Big 3, he was on shows like mohegan sun sports tonight or whatever, and then once we started winning, he was nowhere to be found, aside from an article here and there.  In this particular case, I may have incorrectly phrased it - Goodman thought that Dan Dickau would be a great fit/pickup and that the Celtics should pursue him.  I honestly don't remember him ever alluding to sources around Ainge, he just thought that it would be a good move :o   I mean, come on - Dan Dickau?  That's all that I meant.  Goodman's always been strictly about the draft, anyways.  At least, that's what I remember.

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2014, 07:10:49 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
This would be a perfect scenario for us, especially if we aren't able to land Love. We could trade Rondo to either LA or Sacramento and potentially land Embiid after drafting Smart with our own pick.

Trading Rondo should never be part of the "perfect scenario".

It makes sense in a world where all the top draft picks hit their ceilings and do so quickly...

And thus the thread is doomed for derailment once Rondo's public relations manager makes an appearance...

It might be simpler to start your own blog where people aren't allowed to disagree with you instead of constantly whining when it happens,  which seems to be fairly ineffective.

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2014, 07:17:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He's out 4-6 months... doesn't that mean he'll be back in January?

Can't see him falling to 10. 

Or maybe even at the start of the season if it's actually only 4 months... which it never is.

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2014, 07:23:29 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Or maybe even at the start of the season if it's actually only 4 months... which it never is.

Can't see him falling past 6, if you know what I mean.

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2014, 07:25:47 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

He probably isn't falling past 4, honestly.

Philly will probably take him 3rd if Wiggins/Parker are both off the board.  Exum is redundant with MCW... and they really don't have any need to be immediately good.   Philly will roll with a future core of Noel, Embiid, MCW... + the top 5 2015 pick they'll get from tanking again.

Orlando ends up taking Exum since he's perfect for them.   Unless we trade up, I don't see us getting Embiid.

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2014, 07:28:33 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

They'll probably get Exum and look to trade MCW for a lottery pick. I don't think they want to wait another year for a big to recover from injury.

Philly will probably take him 3rd if Wiggins/Parker are both off the board.  Exum is redundant with MCW... and they really don't have any need to be immediately good.   Philly will roll with a future core of Noel, Embiid, MCW... + the top 5 2015 pick they'll get from tanking again.

Orlando ends up taking Exum since he's perfect for them.   Unless we trade up, I don't see us getting Embiid.

I don't think the Sixers are willing to wait for another lottery pick to recover from injury. I think they'll take Exum and probably shop MCW for a draft pick.

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2014, 07:30:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

They'll probably get Exum and look to trade MCW for a lottery pick. I don't think they want to wait another year for a big to recover from injury.

I don't think the Sixers are willing to wait for another lottery pick to recover from injury. I think they'll take Exum and probably shop MCW for a draft pick.
Sure they are.  They are a few years away anyways.  They can handle waiting for Embiid to arrive in January.

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2014, 07:31:59 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

I don't see Philly taking him.  Embiid and Noel are both true centers and there's too much talent available at #3 to gamble on him.

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2014, 07:33:33 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Sure they are.  They are a few years away anyways.  They can handle waiting for Embiid to arrive in January.

Still I don't think the Sixers are going to gamble their pick on a big with back and foot problems. They could become chronic especially in big men. Also Noel plays better at the five.

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2014, 07:33:43 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

can't see him falling past 6, if you know what I mean.

Will they (Philadelphia), though?  All I've heard about the 76ers is their obsession with Wiggins.  Does anyone else know if they like anyone else in this draft?  Bueller, anyone?  That would be a scary core to have, provided that the two big guys can stay on the court.

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2014, 07:39:03 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

Still I don't think the Sixers are going to gamble their pick on a big with back and foot problems. They could become chronic especially in big men. Also Noel plays better at the five.

Seems strategically unwise for Philly to take Embiid at 3 when they still may have a shot at him at 10.  Go for the surer thing at 3 and get Embiid or, at worst, another promising player at 10.  That's a lower risk and still high reward gamble for the sixers.

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2014, 08:00:33 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I could see Philly taking Vonleh, Randle or Gordon.  They would still have the cap room to add a decent FA, I wouldn't be surprised if they fielded a competent team next year, although who knows with them?

Anyways, I really hope we take Embiid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1260959655&feature=iv&src_vid=Qd3RVBZz6Rk&v=Gp7PX7hYUFQ

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2014, 08:06:14 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
If Embiid is there at 6, I don't think there's a chance DA passes on him.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6