Author Topic: Celtics likely to trade Rondo + Green if no Love trade?  (Read 7100 times)

Re: Celtics likely to trade Rondo + Green if no Love trade?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2014, 11:03:09 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
If the Celts strike out on Love, I would look to either acquire another veteran or 2 either by trade of free agency.

Some names that come to mind are Greg Monroe, Gortat, Afflalo, Asik, etc.

Would like to get Monroe if possible - Detroit knows that he's looking for a big payday and are committed to Drummond. I actually started a forum here: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=71656.msg1684632

Re: Celtics to trade Rondo Green if no Love trade (source)
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 11:21:43 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I also recently was thinking about this, though I wasn't inspired to submit an article to realgm! If Love is out then who is really left that might come here? It might be best to just go young in that case.

I don't think a deal like Rondo to LA for the 7th is impossible. The Lakers as we saw with Dwight are willing to take guys who might leave in a year. At 7 you could take someone like Elfrid Payton, since it seems Smart is definitely not going to fall now due to the Embiid injury.

Yea i dont agree with taking Payton at 7. Not if you can get him at 15 or so.

I would like Randle if he is available. We still go best player available even though we have sully.

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 11:32:04 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Green and 17 to lakers for Nash and 7.

Mclemore, 8, salary filler, and future picks of some kind for rondo to kings.

Cs have picks 6,7,8.

Still rather have love.

Please explain to me why the Kings would give up 2 lottery picks for a 1 year rental for Rondo?? It's the same thing as Love, nobody gives as much value for a player who they may not re sign, I laugh @ all these 1 sided trades in the Celtics favor. Mind you, I wish they would come true, but not in a million years.

The kings have already said they are open to trading for a player that does not sign an extension for the trade to go through.

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2014, 12:00:52 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

Cs have picks 6,7,8.

Still rather have love.

Please explain to me why the Kings would give up 2 lottery picks for a 1 year rental for Rondo?? It's the same thing as Love, nobody gives as much value for a player who they may not re sign, I laugh @ all these 1 sided trades in the Celtics favor. Mind you, I wish they would come true, but not in a million years.

The kings have already said they are open to trading for a player that does not sign an extension for the trade to go through.
Wasn't that trade I.T. Isaiah Thomas, McLemore and #8 for Rondo? If that's the case - and I would HATE to give up Rondo, I'd do THAT in a heartbeat! #6 and #8 in 2014...

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2014, 12:21:22 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
It makes me sad to read this, BUT I understand it is necessary. I love Rondo a lot and hoped that he could take the torch from Pierce and continue it. However, I do agree that Rondo is getting closer to 30 and will be on his way down soon.

If we cannot get Love on draft day, trading Rondo and Green makes sense for a full rebuild and hopefully on this current draft

Marcus Smart and Gordon or Marcus Smart and Embiid for this year's draft seems like a promising start

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2014, 12:25:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Yes.  Rondo will go first bc he has more value

Whoever takes rondo needs to take wallace

Rondo will get a nice ovation when he revisits.

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2014, 01:13:49 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
If the Celts strike out on Love, I would look to either acquire another veteran or 2 either by trade of free agency.

Some names that come to mind are Greg Monroe, Gortat, Afflalo, Asik, etc.

Would like to get Monroe if possible - Detroit knows that he's looking for a big payday and are committed to Drummond. I actually started a forum here: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=71656.msg1684632

I don't think there's any way that Washington lets Gortat leave.  They will overpay to keep him.  Asik for the TPE I like but not with Lin.  I like the idea of getting Monroe but it will have to be via S&T. 

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2014, 02:28:39 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Cs have picks 6,7,8.

Still rather have love.

I don't believe rondo is a one year rental. I think he will stay for the max. DA I don't believe wants to pay him that though. I think kings will give him a max deal to keep him with gay and cuz.

It's a bad trade for the Celts so I wouldn't do it but there's no way Rondo resigns with the Kings.  He already made that comment when rumors came up earlier this year...