Author Topic: Celtics likely to trade Rondo + Green if no Love trade?  (Read 7075 times)

Re: Celtics to trade Rondo Green if no Love trade (source)
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 09:07:35 AM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston
As for potential suitors in a Rondo trade, Lakers for Nash and #7, Kings for McLemore and #8, and Bobcats for Walker and #9 or Kidd-Gilchrist, #9, and #24 immediately come to mind.

What about Orlando's #4 + Afflalo for Rondo? ORL are looking for a PG and Rondo brings just that (plus tax!).

Even Buck's #2 and Sanders or Brandon Knight could be good and Rondo would still be a great upgrade for Bucks.

If Rondo is going to be traded then we want maximum as he is a top 3 PG in the league. Acquiring at minimum in the draft Smart and Gordon is what we need.

Why on God's green earth would those teams make that trade? Orlando can just draft Exum or Smart & pay him rookie salary and the Bucks can just draft Wiggins / Parker, Rondo ain't even close to a top 3 pg now, coming off injury and about to be FA commanding big $, Rondo doesn't have high value now or for that matter ever really, IMO.  No team's GM is giving a lottery pick for a player who wants big $ coming off an injury, not in a draft this good. Well  maybe Billy King, but we've already fleeced him !!!!
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

Re: Celtics likely to trade Rondo + Green if no Love trade?
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 09:16:12 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
As for potential suitors in a Rondo trade, Lakers for Nash and #7, Kings for McLemore and #8, and Bobcats for Walker and #9 or Kidd-Gilchrist, #9, and #24 immediately come to mind.
never been a fan of that Lakers proposal since I think it's a lowball offer for Rondo.

The Kings deal - meh.  if mclemore had shown any promise last year this might be interesting.

even though the Bobcats pick is a little lower, I think they offer better prospects to go with #9.  The talent available at 9 would still be comparable to who's available at 7 and 8.  A haul of Walker (who's looking better than I thought he would), #6 (we'll say Gordon), #9 (we'll say one of Saric or Stauskas) and #17 (we'll say one of Hood, Warren or a flyer on Capela) would be a very young team with a lot of potential.  We'd still need a center and there should be a number of good ones in the next draft.
Walker-Pressey
AB (resigned)-Stauskas
Green-Gordon-Hood/Warren
Sully-KO-Bass
Anthony-Fav-Iverson

I'm not advocating for this trade but it has some merits to it

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 09:19:37 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Green and 17 to lakers for Nash and 7.

Mclemore, 8, salary filler, and future picks of some kind for rondo to kings.

Cs have picks 6,7,8.

Still rather have love.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 09:25:13 AM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Believe in Boston

Cs have picks 6,7,8.

Still rather have love.

Please explain to me why the Kings would give up 2 lottery picks for a 1 year rental for Rondo?? It's the same thing as Love, nobody gives as much value for a player who they may not re sign, I laugh @ all these 1 sided trades in the Celtics favor. Mind you, I wish they would come true, but not in a million years.

Re: Celtics to trade Rondo Green if no Love trade (source)
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2014, 09:39:20 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

The Bobcats aren't trading the #9 and Walker.  McLemore was terrible so that's not enough IMO.  I think 3 other obvious suitors are the Pacers, Rockets and even the Pistons....

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2014, 09:49:34 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I don't think there's any way Rondo and Green are getting traded, unless Rondo tells Ainge "I'm gone after next season".

I don't think there's any potential trades that will bring back superstar talent.  You could get young talent or draft picks.  But that move would essentially eliminate Boston as a player in both the trade and free agent market for the next several years.  Ainge is not going to lock himself into just one rebuild path at this point.

Now, if all plans fall through and we're coming up on the trade deadline next season...maybe.  Now?  No way.

Mike

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2014, 09:52:35 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I want Rondo and Green gone!~

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2014, 10:14:46 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I don't think there's any way Rondo and Green are getting traded, unless Rondo tells Ainge "I'm gone after next season".

I don't think there's any potential trades that will bring back superstar talent.  You could get young talent or draft picks.  But that move would essentially eliminate Boston as a player in both the trade and free agent market for the next several years.  Ainge is not going to lock himself into just one rebuild path at this point.

Now, if all plans fall through and we're coming up on the trade deadline next season...maybe.  Now?  No way.

Mike

I'd agree. Danny's probably not going to panic like that.

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2014, 10:18:41 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Mike

I'd agree. Danny's probably not going to panic like that.

I echo these sentiments also. 

I just don't see Danny panicking and going into total reboot mode right away if the Love trade doesn't happen.    He'll remain patient.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2014, 10:25:57 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Cs have picks 6,7,8.

Still rather have love.

Please explain to me why the Kings would give up 2 lottery picks for a 1 year rental for Rondo?? It's the same thing as Love, nobody gives as much value for a player who they may not re sign, I laugh @ all these 1 sided trades in the Celtics favor. Mind you, I wish they would come true, but not in a million years.

I don't believe rondo is a one year rental. I think he will stay for the max. DA I don't believe wants to pay him that though. I think kings will give him a max deal to keep him with gay and cuz.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2014, 10:27:27 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Cs have picks 6,7,8.

Still rather have love.

I don't believe rondo is a one year rental. I think he will stay for the max. DA I don't believe wants to pay him that though.

Word was last year Rondo already told the Kings he didn't want to play there. I doubt if anything's changed.

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2014, 10:37:33 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If the Celts strike out on Love, I would look to either acquire another veteran or 2 either by trade of free agency.

Some names that come to mind are Greg Monroe, Gortat, Afflalo, Asik, etc.

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2014, 10:40:20 AM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Believe in Boston

Cs have picks 6,7,8.

Still rather have love.

I don't believe rondo is a one year rental. I think he will stay for the max. DA I don't believe wants to pay him that though.

Word was last year Rondo already told the Kings he didn't want to play there. I doubt if anything's changed.

Yep, he wont go there. I don't really know where Rondo trade market is.  Maybe Rondo for Hibbert? Bird loves RR and they really need a point guard, Hibbert out of favor in Indy perhaps, that's an interesting 1, Hmmmmmm

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2014, 10:41:43 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If the Celts strike out on Love, I would look to either acquire another veteran or 2 either by trade of free agency.

I agree, the if we don't get Love we have to blow it up idea makes it seem like there won't be any other good players available by trade before the deadline. I feel like there have to be other trade options other than Melo and Love.

I'm torn because I really want to draft Embiid, but if it means they go full rebuild I don't have interest.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2014, 10:43:40 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Agreed.

If you don't get love you don't explode the team. Just stay the course and don't panic.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.