Author Topic: Celtics likely to trade Rondo + Green if no Love trade?  (Read 7096 times)

Celtics to trade Rondo Green if no Love trade (source)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 12:58:36 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Re: Celtics to trade Rondo Green if no Love trade (source)
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 01:03:56 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233840/Celtics-Could-Trade-Rondo-Green-If-They-Fail-To-Acquire-Love

Unfortunately, like with every new report coming out, and 'sources,' looking to gain exposure... All of this was clear from the jump; plenty of posturing, smoke screening, and 'waiting,' it out.

We have a week and some change left before the Draft starts. I don't think Love is going to be pleased if he isn't out by July 1st, the day he specifically chose. Whether or not Saunders is serious on his notion of keeping or trying to keep Love reined in, I think GSW/BOS are the only two serious teams that can snag Love.

If they can't acquire Love, then the best bet is go the youth movement.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 01:05:23 AM »

• Ray Allen
Looks like Celticpride1 and I both broke the news and shared this source around the same time....

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 01:08:12 AM »

• Ray Allen
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233840/Celtics-Could-Trade-Rondo-Green-If-They-Fail-To-Acquire-Love

Unfortunately, like with every new report coming out, and 'sources,' looking to gain exposure... All of this was clear from the jump; plenty of posturing, smoke screening, and 'waiting,' it out.

We have a week and some change left before the Draft starts. I don't think Love is going to be pleased if he isn't out by July 1st, the day he specifically chose. Whether or not Saunders is serious on his notion of keeping or trying to keep Love reined in, I think GSW/BOS are the only two serious teams that can snag Love.

If they can't acquire Love, then the best bet is go the youth movement.

I agree about the smoke screening, especially with a greedy envy driven Saunders.

Who knows if what he says is true, but reports are that he wants to make the playoffs next year and really prefers proven talent....idk the man is so 2000 and late

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 01:14:47 AM »

• Ray Allen
heres the source:

If they are unable to acquire Kevin Love, Boston Celtics are reportedly planning a longer and more methodical rebuilding process that likely would see Rajon Rondo get traded.

The Celtics have a taker for Jeff Green if they decide to move him, according to a source.

The Celtics are not giving up in their discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves but have thus far been rebuffed in talks. Boston has offered the Nos. 6 and 17 picks in this year?s draft, Kelly Olynyk and one of their own future No. 1 picks for Love, according to a source.

Love has reportedly told the Timberwolves' front office that he will opt out of his contract and leave next offseason if he is not traded beforehand.

Does anyone know who he is referring to with regards to Green having a suitor?

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 01:46:18 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
That's obvious

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 01:58:51 AM »

• Ray Allen
That's obvious

Anyone but asik ...please dear god.

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 02:39:25 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Looks like Celticpride1 and I both broke the news and shared this source around the same time....

Which one of you is Steve Bulpett?

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 02:46:21 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
As for potential suitors in a Rondo trade, Lakers for Nash and #7, Kings for McLemore and #8, and Bobcats for Walker and #9 or Kidd-Gilchrist, #9, and #24 immediately come to mind.

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 03:16:08 AM »

• Ray Allen
As for potential suitors in a Rondo trade, Lakers for Nash and #7, Kings for McLemore and #8, and Bobcats for Walker and #9 or Kidd-Gilchrist, #9, and #24 immediately come to mind.

Thanks. I have mentioned in many threads that Rondo to the Lakers for #7 was a favorite option of mine. But I also acknowledged that I was in the minority.

But the question I asked was about Jeff green and his suitors....Houston, Washington, and Atl have been mentioned before....I do think Jeff Green is more valuable and better than some fans on here believe.

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 03:18:42 AM »

• Ray Allen

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 07:13:30 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I also recently was thinking about this, though I wasn't inspired to submit an article to realgm! If Love is out then who is really left that might come here? It might be best to just go young in that case.

I don't think a deal like Rondo to LA for the 7th is impossible. The Lakers as we saw with Dwight are willing to take guys who might leave in a year. At 7 you could take someone like Elfrid Payton, since it seems Smart is definitely not going to fall now due to the Embiid injury.

Re: Celtics likely to trade Rondo + Green if no Love trade?
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 08:11:24 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Does real gm cite Steve bulpett? If so you should post the original source of the rumor, which is more legit than saying this came from real gm.

If we move Rondo and green they better be sending out Wallace so they have flexibility going forward.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 08:22:31 AM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11

What about Orlando's #4 + Afflalo for Rondo? ORL are looking for a PG and Rondo brings just that (plus tax!).

Even Buck's #2 and Sanders or Brandon Knight could be good and Rondo would still be a great upgrade for Bucks.

If Rondo is going to be traded then we want maximum as he is a top 3 PG in the league. Acquiring at minimum in the draft Smart and Gordon is what we need.
In Danny Ainge I Trust!