Author Topic: IF EMBIID FALLS TO #6???  (Read 2575 times)

IF EMBIID FALLS TO #6???
« on: June 19, 2014, 11:43:58 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
If Embiid falls to 6, do u still pursue love or gamble woth Embiid?
Personally, Id take my chance with Embiid if he falls and go young... The next move now would be to trade Rondo to Sacto for IsaiahThomas, McleMore, and #8... Then we could draft Gordon at 8 and Young at 17 and we would have a team of:
IsaiahThomas/Pressey/Bayless
Mclemore/AB/Young
Green/Gordon/CJ
Sully/KO/Bass
Embiid/Hump/Iverson

To me this team could make a sneaky run at the playoffs if Embiid is healthy...

Re: IF EMBIID FALLS TO #6???
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 11:46:16 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
I think an inexperienced-playoff roster making the playoffs = first round exit.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 11:47:38 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
With two picks next year and a couple of likely lottery picks from Brooklyn our youth movement is looking strong and we would have a young and exciting team..

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 11:50:05 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
I think an inexperienced-playoff roster making the playoffs = first round exit.
As ainge alluded to, he isnt making moves to just win this year hes trying to build a team that would be relevant for the next DECADE and with Brooklyns lotto picks coming in we could add more youth and perhaps trade some of these for another talented player to help guide this young team and privide some playoff experience...

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 11:53:53 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'd rather move Embiid and filler to Sac for Cousins. Unless the C's could confirm the foot injury is going to be a non issue. That foot injury just makes me nervous.

Maybe the injury is bogus and it's all to get Embiid to a better franchise like the C's....I

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 11:56:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Exciting idea to think about.  I don't know if we could get that kind of package out of the Kings, though. Rondo doesn't want to play in Sac.  You might be able to trade him to the Lakers for Nash's expiring contract + #7

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 11:57:54 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
I'd rather move Embiid and filler to Sac for Cousins. Unless the C's could confirm the foot injury is going to be a non issue. That foot injury just makes me nervous.

Maybe the injury is bogus and it's all to get Embiid to a better franchise like the C's....I
To me cousins seems as untradeable as they come for Sacto... I believe they are using him and Gay to try and lure other stars (rondo) to come there and help them contend again... Rondos relationship with Gay and his competitive attitude would go well with Cousins... But ya Sactos whole plan is to build around him gay and watever other star they can get..

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 12:00:18 AM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
Exciting idea to think about.  I don't know if we could get that kind of package out of the Kings, though. Rondo doesn't want to play in Sac.  You might be able to trade him to the Lakers for Nash's expiring contract + #7
I heard it was rumored that they were offering that package and TWO firsts (but im not sure if #8 was one of them) at the trade deadline but the deal was stopped cuz rondo didnt wanna resign... However Sacto previously made it clear that they were willing to trade for a superstar (Love) even if he doesnt resign so maybe they go for it...

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 12:00:44 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I just posted this idea in another thread.  If Embiid falls to 6, the Celtics could pursue Melo rather than Love.  It should be lot cheaper, in terms of assets, to get Melo in a sign and trade than to get Love.  We could potentially send the 17th pick and one or two future picks along with expiring deals to the Knicks such as Bogans, Bass, and Green.  Green has a player option for $9.2m next year while the other two will be off the books.  That will leave the knicks with plenty of cap flexibility to be major players in free agency next year. 
This way the Celtics can retain Rondo and compete next year.  If Embiid stays healthy, they will be contenders in a year or two.  They could even use the PTE to pick up a center such as Asik to bring Embiid along slowly.

Rondo talked about getting Melo on ESPN today.  It was hypothetical, but maybe he knows something.

Rondo, Pressey
Bradley, Bayless
Melo, Wallace
Sully, Olynyk
Asik, Embiid

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 12:05:04 AM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
I just posted this idea in another thread.  If Embiid falls to 6, the Celtics could pursue Melo rather than Love.  It should be lot cheaper, in terms of assets, to get Melo in a sign and trade than to get Love.  We could potentially send the 17th pick and one or two future picks along with expiring deals to the Knicks such as Bogans, Bass, and Green.  Green has a player option for $9.2m next year while the other two will be off the books.  That will leave the knicks with plenty of cap flexibility to be major players in free agency next year. 
This way the Celtics can retain Rondo and compete next year.  If Embiid stays healthy, they will be contenders in a year or two.  They could even use the PTE to pick up a center such as Asik to bring Embiid along slowly.

Rondo talked about getting Melo on ESPN today.  It was hypothetical, but maybe he knows something.

Rondo, Pressey
Bradley, Bayless
Melo, Wallace
Sully, Olynyk
Asik, Embiid
Boy, I sure like this idea alot more than trading Rondo!! But would it be possible to use the TPE along with a couple of picks to get Afflalo instead cuz we could use a scoring two gaurd who can play defense...also im guessing the Melo trade would be something along the lines of:
#17,Clippers pick, 2016 pick, Green, Bass, Bogans?

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 12:08:30 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I heard it was rumored that they were offering that package and TWO firsts (but im not sure if #8 was one of them) at the trade deadline but the deal was stopped cuz rondo didnt wanna resign... However Sacto previously made it clear that they were willing to trade for a superstar (Love) even if he doesnt resign so maybe they go for it...
yeah but rondo isn't love.  That sac thing isn't happening.  I could see us trading him to the Lakers...

I wonder if he'd have any interest in being the face of the Hornets?  They have the #9 pick and some other appealing young assets like MKG and Biyombo.  Maybe you could get 1 or 2 of those assets.

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 12:28:07 AM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
yeah but rondo isn't love.  That sac thing isn't happening.  I could see us trading him to the Lakers...

I wonder if he'd have any interest in being the face of the Hornets?  They have the #9 pick and some other appealing young assets like MKG and Biyombo.  Maybe you could get 1 or 2 of those assets.
Ya but rondos hate of the lakers couldnt be any more obvious... However the hornets could use a player of rondos caliber and im sure MJ would love his "****" mentality.... Perhaps Kemba, Bismack, MKG, and #9 for Rondo and JG would be a far deal... But im begging DA not to bring any part of Nash to Boston... Hes a legend and all but hes wayy past his expiration date..

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 01:44:09 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
From an article on si.com

"According to Dr. Kenneth Hunt, an Assistant Professor of Orthopedics at Stanford, a stress fracture in a navicular bone is "a classic overuse injury" found often in basketball and volleyball players.
"The most common treatment is to make small incisions to place one or two screws across the fracture to stabilize it," Hunt said. "If the fracture is displaced, a bone graft can accelerate healing."
Hunt noted that despite the high profile examples of athletes who have battled recurrences of a navicular fracture, "the healing rates of this fracture are high."
"The majority of these injuries will heal completely," Hunt said. "Getting to it early is a good prognostic sign. In his case, it appears it was treated early and appropriately. In the cases I have seen, the athletes that have recurrent fractures have high arches and stiff feet. They can develop large spurs in the adjacent bones. But again, to the majority of athletes this will heal and not be an issue in the future."
As for recovery time, Hunt said that players generally resume basketball activities in 4-6 months and are ready to play in nine months, though in some cases it can be closer to a year."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20140619/joel-embiid-stress-fracture-2014-nba-draft/#ixzz359gVtMRw