Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 324074 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #1425 on: July 03, 2015, 11:16:42 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Way back in the day (months ago) I had significant discussion about C Parsons for a top ten pick. Tonight I had an offer of a late first this year, a late first next, and a VERY early 2nd this year.
(Granted of course a single top ten pick or 3 late firsts are pretty terrible offers for a C Parsons, but still. At least I've gotten offers approaching 60% of his value. Not an easy feat around here sometimes.)

Kinda curious if anyone wants to talk about him. I have an idea in mind. Keeping in mind I actually like Parsons, sort of like I actually like(d) P Bev.

Also...conspiracy attempts to lowball me...will....not...work
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 01:07:48 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #1426 on: July 04, 2015, 01:55:26 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
My boy is gonna play:

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-philadelphia-76ers/jahlil-okafor-nik-stauskas-i-love-being-around-great-shooters

A league source said Stauskas will jump right into the Sixers' rotation

"He's a great player," Jahlil Okafor said after Thursday's workout at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Stauskas didn?t lose much at Michigan during his two years at the school. In his final year at Michigan, Stauskas averaged 17.5 points per game for a team that went to the regional final in the NCAA Tournament. He shot 44.2 percent from three-point range and was MVP for the Wolverines.

"He obviously can stretch the floor, he?s a great shooter so I love being around great shooters," Okafor said. "That allows me to pass it out and makes it hard for the opposing team to double-team me."

Stauskas struggled during his rookie year in the NBA, connecting on just 32.2 percent of his threes in 15.4 minutes per game. More than half of his shots came from three-point range, which explains his 4.4 points per game and 36.5 percent shooting percentage.

However, Stauskas improved as the season wore on. In 14 games in March, he shot 47.1 percent from three-point range (16 for 34) and shot 42.1 percent from long range after the All-Star break.

So it appears as if the Sixers finally have a shooter they have been missing on the roster for the past two years. With Robert Covington potentially playing on the wing for the Sixers next season, things get less crowded in the paint for the likes of Okafor, Nerlens Noel and possibly Joel Embiid.

Jerami Grant, heading into his second year with the Sixers and preparing for the Utah summer league, played against Stauskas when he was at Syracuse and is pleased the Sixers will be adding a shooter to the depth chart.

"He?s a great player and he demands a lot of attention,? Grant said. ?So when he?s on the court, it opens up a lot of things for everybody else."

Great news all around.

As much as folks have joked, I've received some offers for him.  I'm still open to moving him.  Would want a high 1st this year or next.

Jordan McRae will out play Stauskas no doubt.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1427 on: July 04, 2015, 03:05:40 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
My boy is gonna play:

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-philadelphia-76ers/jahlil-okafor-nik-stauskas-i-love-being-around-great-shooters

"He's a great player," Jahlil Okafor said after Thursday's workout at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Stauskas didn?t lose much at Michigan during his two years at the school. In his final year at Michigan, Stauskas averaged 17.5 points per game for a team that went to the regional final in the NCAA Tournament. He shot 44.2 percent from three-point range and was MVP for the Wolverines.

"He obviously can stretch the floor, he?s a great shooter so I love being around great shooters," Okafor said. "That allows me to pass it out and makes it hard for the opposing team to double-team me."

Stauskas struggled during his rookie year in the NBA, connecting on just 32.2 percent of his threes in 15.4 minutes per game. More than half of his shots came from three-point range, which explains his 4.4 points per game and 36.5 percent shooting percentage.

However, Stauskas improved as the season wore on. In 14 games in March, he shot 47.1 percent from three-point range (16 for 34) and shot 42.1 percent from long range after the All-Star break.

So it appears as if the Sixers finally have a shooter they have been missing on the roster for the past two years. With Robert Covington potentially playing on the wing for the Sixers next season, things get less crowded in the paint for the likes of Okafor, Nerlens Noel and possibly Joel Embiid.

Jerami Grant, heading into his second year with the Sixers and preparing for the Utah summer league, played against Stauskas when he was at Syracuse and is pleased the Sixers will be adding a shooter to the depth chart.

"He?s a great player and he demands a lot of attention,? Grant said. ?So when he?s on the court, it opens up a lot of things for everybody else."

Great news all around.

As much as folks have joked, I've received some offers for him.  I'm still open to moving him.  Would want a high 1st this year or next.

Mk
Funny. 

Look man, ya'll can snicker about Stauskas, but this article sums it up very nicely.  http://www.libertyballers.com/2015/7/2/8882545/nba-free-agency-nik-stauskas-trade-sixers-sacramento-kings-landry-thompson

Hinkie wanted him prior to the 2014 draft.  They made this trade primarily because of Stauskas.

Mk, when your own Robert Covington can average 26fp on that Philly squad, what's Stauskas ceiling here?  He'll get all the minutes and touches and he can handle.   Dude can shoot.  46%/47%/86% in March.   Okafor is pumped to have him.   He's going to have a real opportunity in Philly.

I said before the trade that Stauskas would probably be better than anyone the Celtics would select at #16.  At this point, I think Nik Stauskas is probably as good a fantasy gamble as any player taken from 4-10 in the draft this year.  Seriously.   Pre 2014 draft he was labelled a "tier 3" prospect (player with starter potential).  That's the same tier teams put Winslow, WCS and Hedonja in this year.   Let's see if Stauskas can show some of that potential in 30+ minutes jacking up shots on the rookie-friendly 76ers.  He couldn't have been in a more toxic situation than he was drafted into...  and now, he literally couldn't be ending up in a better situation. 

Can't wait for next year.   If my team can stay healthy, it has a real shot of cracking into the top 10 thanks to Stauskas.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 03:14:40 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #1428 on: July 04, 2015, 03:16:38 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Now I just need Bismack Biyombo to end up on the Clippers as DeAndre Jordan's replacement.  Their per-minute stats are pretty darn similar.   Looking forward to seeing Bis put up 40fp per night.

« Reply #1429 on: July 04, 2015, 09:48:57 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
My boy is gonna play:

Great news all around.

Mk
Funny. 

Look man, ya'll can snicker about Stauskas, but this article sums it up very nicely.  http://www.libertyballers.com/2015/7/2/8882545/nba-free-agency-nik-stauskas-trade-sixers-sacramento-kings-landry-thompson

Hinkie wanted him prior to the 2014 draft.  They made this trade primarily because of Stauskas.

Mk, when your own Robert Covington can average 26fp on that Philly squad, what's Stauskas ceiling here?  He'll get all the minutes and touches and he can handle.   Dude can shoot.  46%/47%/86% in March.   Okafor is pumped to have him.   He's going to have a real opportunity in Philly.

I said before the trade that Stauskas would probably be better than anyone the Celtics would select at #16.  At this point, I think Nik Stauskas is probably as good a fantasy gamble as any player taken from 4-10 in the draft this year.  Seriously.   Pre 2014 draft he was labelled a "tier 3" prospect (player with starter potential).  That's the same tier teams put Winslow, WCS and Hedonja in this year.   Let's see if Stauskas can show some of that potential in 30+ minutes jacking up shots on the rookie-friendly 76ers.  He couldn't have been in a more toxic situation than he was drafted into...  and now, he literally couldn't be ending up in a better situation. 

Can't wait for next year.   If my team can stay healthy, it has a real shot of cracking into the top 10 thanks to Stauskas.

Sry, too long of a response to read fully. I am sure Nik will be terrific. He'll outplay McRae... Hopefully Nik will suite up for the Sixers in summer league and dominate.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1430 on: July 04, 2015, 01:42:11 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Biyambo 2 year 6 million to the raptors hahahahahahaha
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #1431 on: July 04, 2015, 01:51:08 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
He got more than Evan Turner but he's younger and playing big

« Reply #1432 on: July 04, 2015, 01:58:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Funny.  Is he going to fill the starting role left by Amir Johnson? 

« Reply #1433 on: July 04, 2015, 02:15:42 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Doubtful looks like 2 years of 3rd big off the bench
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #1434 on: July 04, 2015, 02:20:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Doubtful looks like 2 years of 3rd big off the bench
If so, that's going to be a crippling blow for the Leprechauns.  It looks like I'll need to look towards the #2 projected 2016 MMSB pick... or the #3 projected 2016 Brahama pick... to find a suitable replacement for my 16th man.  :(

*sigh*... Bismack Biyombo is available in a package deal with 2016 MMSB's 1st or 2016 Brahma's 1st.  Looking for a 50fp player.  Thanks.

« Reply #1435 on: July 04, 2015, 03:27:35 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Last year's #4 pick and the youngest player on my team, Aaron Gordon, available:

Hmm ... maybe I need to rethink this one.   22 points, 18 rebounds, 2 blocks with 2-5 shooting from deep in 32mpg for Gordon today. 

Eye witnesses say he's ripped and has a dramatically improved shot. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 03:32:50 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #1436 on: July 04, 2015, 04:00:02 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

I have no doubt you'll be in the top 10 next year LarBird -- and that on the 2nd most dysfunctional team Stauskas will get big mins and put up big fantasy points.

But -- and I mean this honestly -- do you think his showing next year will be anything more than a stroke of luck on your part that he ended up in arguably the one spot he could improve his playng time than SAC (the most dysfunctional place in the NBA right now).

And Hinkie may very well like Sauce Castillo -- he's a fine little player -- but there's zero chance he does the deal without at least 1 first rounder -- or SAC is even more messed up than it already appears.

----

I'll bet you 100 TPs (or a 2nd rounder) that Rozier has a better rookie season than Sauce  :o... either fantasy points per game or 9 cat per36 numbers, whatever you want.

---

I'm not piling on, just think that this was just a lucky trade for your team.. not confirmation that someone missed out by not dealing a lottery pick for Mr. Castillo.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #1437 on: July 04, 2015, 04:28:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

I have no doubt you'll be in the top 10 next year LarBird -- and that on the 2nd most dysfunctional team Stauskas will get big mins and put up big fantasy points.

But -- and I mean this honestly -- do you think his showing next year will be anything more than a stroke of luck on your part that he ended up in arguably the one spot he could improve his playng time than SAC (the most dysfunctional place in the NBA right now).

And Hinkie may very well like Sauce Castillo -- he's a fine little player -- but there's zero chance he does the deal without at least 1 first rounder -- or SAC is even more messed up than it already appears.

----

I'll bet you 100 TPs (or a 2nd rounder) that Rozier has a better rookie season than Sauce  :o... either fantasy points per game or 9 cat per36 numbers, whatever you want.

---

I'm not piling on, just think that this was just a lucky trade for your team.. not confirmation that someone missed out by not dealing a lottery pick for Mr. Castillo.
It was always extremely unlikely that Nik stauskas would stay buried on the Kings bench.  I acquired him knowing his situation was going to improve this year one way or the other.   Mclemore was terrible in year 1 also.

Btw, that trade had everything to do with Nik Stauskas.  Hinkie wanted him last year and tried to trade up from #10 to select him... as documented in that Kings "war room" video.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 04:54:25 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #1438 on: July 04, 2015, 05:51:16 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Stauskas is still trash (as of now). GC is right.

Tony Wroten put up numbers in Philly. Doesn't mean he is a starter/quality player. LarBrd33 pimps his players so hard that Russian mafia often takes notes.

Biyombo is next Marc Gasol. Stauskas is next Ray Allen. And we can all grab a seat until this unfolds.

Lucky breaks don't mean jack! Find me one GM who will give up a first round pick for Biyombo (in our league) or Stauskas! Like in the next 24 hours! And if you do, I will give a future second rounder (next year) to that GM.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:58:09 PM by barefacedmonk »
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #1439 on: July 04, 2015, 05:56:54 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Looking to move up from 2015 #19 to #2015 something better than #19. I'll give up my 2016 second rounder as compensation. My team is going to suck (rebuild and no good players). So that pick will be goof, fyi.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi