Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 324084 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #1410 on: July 02, 2015, 12:22:49 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
As the owner of the newest Celtic I'm very excited to see how he performs for CBS. I have hated his treatment in Toronto under Casey. I think he will be very successful in Beantown and I'm glad DA & CBS are seeing things the same way as I have.

Welcome to the green Amir!

G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #1411 on: July 02, 2015, 12:36:02 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
As the owner of the newest Celtic I'm very excited to see how he performs for CBS. I have hated his treatment in Toronto under Casey. I think he will be very successful in Beantown and I'm glad DA & CBS are seeing things the same way as I have.

Welcome to the green Amir!

He brings a lot of toughness to the front court. He reminds me a little of PJ Brown.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1412 on: July 02, 2015, 12:50:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think Nik stauskas getting moved is the first time one of my players has been traded in real life.  I'm excited to see him average 45 minutes per night in philly.

« Reply #1413 on: July 02, 2015, 12:53:15 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
I think Nik stauskas getting moved is the first time one of my players has been traded in real life.  I'm excited to see him average 45 minutes per night in philly.
Only 45??? hahaha!
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #1414 on: July 02, 2015, 01:10:20 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Only 45??? hahaha!

I see him at least playing 49 a night
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #1415 on: July 02, 2015, 01:18:21 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Only 45??? hahaha!

And scoring at least 60 fppg.  It's a sure thing.

« Reply #1416 on: July 02, 2015, 02:33:36 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Only 45??? hahaha!

I wish I had 2 lottery picks to trade for him. (Sadly on a horrid PHI team he may be actually worth a lottery pick now... if they weren't useless).
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #1417 on: July 02, 2015, 03:05:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Only 45??? hahaha!

I wish I had 2 lottery picks to trade for him. (Sadly on a horrid PHI team he may be actually worth a lottery pick now... if they weren't useless).
Ya'll joke about Stauskas and rightfully so...

But seriously how confident are you that Terry Hozier (#16 pick this year) is going to make a bigger fantasy impact than Nik Stauskas this year?   I had previously said I would have traded Stauskas for a mid 1st and you guys laughed at me.

« Reply #1418 on: July 02, 2015, 03:27:15 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Only 45??? hahaha!

But seriously how confident are you that Terry Hozier (#16 pick this year) is going to make a bigger fantasy impact than Nik Stauskas this year?   I had previously said I would have traded Stauskas for a mid 1st and you guys laughed at me.

1. His name is Rozier... and I trust Ainge.

2. That supposes that you'd pick Rozier at #16 -- which it sounds like you wouldn't.

3. Rozier won't make a bigger impact than Stauskas this year -- esp. with the move to PHI. But I'd prefer him all-day long to Stauskas in a dynasty league like this.

4. In my h2h dynasty ranks (yes, I got problems....) I have Stauskas outside the top-40 at SG -- and tht's before adding in rookies.

I was just being referential and tongue-in-cheek. Go Sauce Castillo!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #1419 on: July 02, 2015, 03:44:34 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Only 45??? hahaha!

2. That supposes that you'd pick Rozier at #16 -- which it sounds like you wouldn't.

3. Rozier won't make a bigger impact than Stauskas this year -- esp. with the move to PHI. But I'd prefer him all-day long to Stauskas in a dynasty league like this.

4. In my h2h dynasty ranks (yes, I got problems....) I have Stauskas outside the top-40 at SG -- and tht's before adding in rookies.

#5 for our purposes 16 is a late first not a mid first
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #1420 on: July 02, 2015, 03:59:54 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Only 45??? hahaha!

#1 -hozier is a bum and so is probably every other player taken in that range

#2 - if sac signs Wes Matthews with their newfound cap space, does this mean that Nik stauskas might outperform ben mclemore next year ?

« Reply #1421 on: July 02, 2015, 04:49:30 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
JR Smith is gone. However, a lot of almost all my players are available.

Jamal Crawford - yes, he is "old" but he can still help a contender. Puts up better numbers than JR.
Eric Gordon - Gentry's system is going to be a big help.
Tyson Chandler - lots of double-double. Is going to be productive.
Marcus Morris - changed teams. Perhaps for the better.
Aaron Brooks - bench help. Won't cost much.

Everyone is available - but John Wall, Steven Adams and Nikola Vucevic will require VERY strong offers.

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #1422 on: July 02, 2015, 04:50:43 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
The trade hasn't been announced by the commish, but Carlos Boozer is available too. So is David Lee.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #1423 on: July 03, 2015, 01:56:37 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
My boy is gonna play:

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-philadelphia-76ers/jahlil-okafor-nik-stauskas-i-love-being-around-great-shooters

A league source said Stauskas will jump right into the Sixers' rotation

"He's a great player," Jahlil Okafor said after Thursday's workout at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Stauskas didn?t lose much at Michigan during his two years at the school. In his final year at Michigan, Stauskas averaged 17.5 points per game for a team that went to the regional final in the NCAA Tournament. He shot 44.2 percent from three-point range and was MVP for the Wolverines.

"He obviously can stretch the floor, he?s a great shooter so I love being around great shooters," Okafor said. "That allows me to pass it out and makes it hard for the opposing team to double-team me."

Stauskas struggled during his rookie year in the NBA, connecting on just 32.2 percent of his threes in 15.4 minutes per game. More than half of his shots came from three-point range, which explains his 4.4 points per game and 36.5 percent shooting percentage.

However, Stauskas improved as the season wore on. In 14 games in March, he shot 47.1 percent from three-point range (16 for 34) and shot 42.1 percent from long range after the All-Star break.

So it appears as if the Sixers finally have a shooter they have been missing on the roster for the past two years. With Robert Covington potentially playing on the wing for the Sixers next season, things get less crowded in the paint for the likes of Okafor, Nerlens Noel and possibly Joel Embiid.

Jerami Grant, heading into his second year with the Sixers and preparing for the Utah summer league, played against Stauskas when he was at Syracuse and is pleased the Sixers will be adding a shooter to the depth chart.

"He?s a great player and he demands a lot of attention,? Grant said. ?So when he?s on the court, it opens up a lot of things for everybody else."

Great news all around.

As much as folks have joked, I've received some offers for him.  I'm still open to moving him.  Would want a high 1st this year or next.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:02:52 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #1424 on: July 03, 2015, 03:21:46 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
A flurry of deals updated in the offseason tracker, including some new announcements:

Bdubs trades: Kevin love, Manu  ginobili, 2016 1st.
Yh trades: serge ibaka, Wes Matthews, tony Allen.

Juggs receives:  #27 + #30
Ubuntu receives:  #35 + Brahma's 2016 2nd + Steve Novak
Bellevue receives:   #39 + Ubuntu's 2016 2nd

UF send: Evan Fournier
MMSB sends: Cory Joeseph

Designated Drinkers sends JR Smith
Juggernauts send Carlos Boozer and BDubs' 2016 second round pick

Bellevue trades:   Jeff Green, Brahma's 2016 2nd Round Pick
Juggernauts trades:  Evan Turner, Andre Iguodala

Toine's Boys Gets:  Ubuntu's 2016 2nd
MMSB Gets:  Evan Turner, #39, Kyle Singler
Bellevue Gets:  Jeff Green