Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 326097 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #510 on: June 03, 2015, 11:53:58 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Wow... Mk is cranky this morning.  ;D ;D ;D

Here you go old friend, this should cheer you up!

^^ and an added bonus: Look how PUMPUED yer pal J-Lamb is ... Brooks let him off the bench for once (albeit just to celebrate, but... baby steps) ;D

:-* :-*
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #511 on: June 03, 2015, 11:57:46 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Just a note about the Chaz Buick flutter feed on the microsite (which understandably not everyone is into).   Believe it or not, a large percentage of those posts aren't actually coming from me.  I've found it kind of cool, because there's been a couple times where a leaked rumor about Bellevue gets posted by someone other than myself... which is kind of neat, because it's totally in the spirit of that experiment (adding the element of "the media" to a fantasy league).    I get an alert every time someone posts on there.  Inevitably there's been a couple anonymous insults/profanity posted on there that I've just deleted.  Kinda expected.   

Someone posted a couple insults about my personal life on there today (which I've since deleted).  Since it's anonymous and I can't reach out to whoever posted it, I just want to say a couple brief things.  #1 - I've never used a hidden e-mail to discuss trades with any of you.  I've posted ridiculous videos of myself publicly on Celticsblog in the past.  Whatever.  If people on this forum really want to stalk me, because they disagree with my opinion about a basketball team... so be it.

I didn't really know what this was until last week when I was on the site. It's pretty cool, I kind of get it now. Anyway, someone put something on there about me to. It wasn't necessarily offensive, although I doubt whoever wrote it would say it to my face. It's since been deleted.

#2 - I'm trying to have fun with this league.  This whole thing is incredibly nerdy and I figure I might as well embrace it to the fullest.  If you disagree with my trade offers, fine.  There's no need to make it personal.  I've never been so unhappy with a fake trade offer in a fake fantasy league that I took it to heart.   #3 - I know I've gone overboard at times and occasionally forget what trades have been discussed.  I'm genuinely sorry if anyone took it seriously.  I'll try to tone it down a bit.  I'm building an 8 terabyte database that will allow me to better keep track of my previous trade offers so not to accidentally send duplicate requests.  I'm connecting it to a pseudo-AI called LarBot that uses my own patented algorithm to analytically predict an acceptable counter offer to a rejected trade.  This should go a long way towards limiting my trade requests and keeping you guys happy.  This is, of course, assuming LarBot doesn't pass the turing test, become self-aware, and decide the only cure for society is to annihilate all of us.   

Wow, have u been operating in there dark ages? Checking scores in the morning paper?

Seriously though, I look at this as the basketball equivalent of D&D.  Whoever posted those insults... no hard feelings.  As long as I don't come home one day to my dead cat sitting in a pot of boiling water and a note that says, "Shouldn't have lowballed me, David" stapled to my fridge, I figure we're good.  TP's all around.

LB is a better FBB manager than I am, taking the high road an all. I've pointed my sniffer at that feed and rip'd the site.

Edit-1: I am kidding about this part of course. I should have put one of those ;) next to it. Pitt always complained that he never could tell when I am joking about stuff.

Edit-2:... or am I? ;)

Mk
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:28:46 PM by mkogav »

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #512 on: June 03, 2015, 12:07:37 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
Wow... Mk is cranky this morning.  ;D ;D ;D

Here you go old friend, this should cheer you up!

^^ and an added bonus: Look how PUMPUED yer pal J-Lamb is ... Brooks let him off the bench for once (albeit just to celebrate, but... baby steps) ;D

:-* :-*

This makes me feel better though...

Mk
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:29:08 PM by mkogav »

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #513 on: June 03, 2015, 01:22:05 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Get ready for it...

(top 10 greatest non-sports tv moment ever....)

Just a note about the Chaz Buick flutter feed on the microsite (which understandably not everyone is into).   Believe it or not, a large percentage of those posts aren't actually coming from me.  I've found it kind of cool, because there's been a couple times where a leaked rumor about Bellevue gets posted by someone other than myself... which is kind of neat, because it's totally in the spirit of that experiment (adding the element of "the media" to a fantasy league).    I get an alert every time someone posts on there.  Inevitably there's been a couple anonymous insults/profanity posted on there that I've just deleted.  Kinda expected.   

Someone posted a couple insults about my personal life on there today (which I've since deleted).  Since it's anonymous and I can't reach out to whoever posted it, I just want to say a couple brief things.  #1 - I've never used a hidden e-mail to discuss trades with any of you.  I've posted ridiculous videos of myself publicly on Celticsblog in the past.  Whatever.  If people on this forum really want to stalk me, because they disagree with my opinion about a basketball team... so be it.

I didn't really know what this was until last week when I was on the site. It's pretty cool, I kind of get it now. Anyway, someone put something on there about me to. It wasn't necessarily offensive, although I doubt whoever wrote it would say it to my face. It's since been deleted.

Mea culpa... i posted "Utah's front office are a bunch of ninnies" on the flutter feed.

I figured Mk and a i are among the group of GMs who banter back and forth (see: Morrow, Anthony) and that it'd be innocouos, but I guess I can also see how -- this being the internet and all -- that it could quickly lead to real or greater insults and attacks.

(giving each other a hard time is a fun part, once in a while, of these leagues...)

But I also think the stuff posted about LarBird there is uncool. (Maybe i'm oversensitive but i've never found humor about AIDS to be funny or appropriate...). Sorry for having played a part, even unwittingly.

.... now, who want's that #32 pick?!?!? :)
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #514 on: June 03, 2015, 01:42:28 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Things are heating up on the flutter feed

http://nedyken.com/cbpl/chaz-buicks-flutter-feed/
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #515 on: June 03, 2015, 02:00:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Get ready for it...

Mea culpa... i posted "Utah's front office are a bunch of ninnies" on the flutter feed.

I figured Mk and a i are among the group of GMs who banter back and forth (see: Morrow, Anthony) and that it'd be innocouos, but I guess I can also see how -- this being the internet and all -- that it could quickly lead to real or greater insults and attacks.

(giving each other a hard time is a fun part, once in a while, of these leagues...)

But I also think the stuff posted about LarBird there is uncool. (Maybe i'm oversensitive but i've never found humor about AIDS to be funny or appropriate...). Sorry for having played a part, even unwittingly.

My dad has HIV, but I didn't really care about that comment, because I saw it as the joke it's intended to be.  The stuff I deleted was basically an insult about some stuff on my personal facebook page.  Water under the bridge.   Just wanted to let whoever anonymously posted it know that I never intended to personally offended anyone with my trade offers in a fantasy league.  Take everything I say on here with many grains of salt.  This is how I play fantasy basketball games... I don't mean any harm by it... you bunch of internet bullies. :)

« Reply #516 on: June 03, 2015, 02:03:22 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
Get ready for it...

I was once called a ninny in kindergarden and I am still hurt!!!

Seriously though, I was just showing support for LB. I didn't see the comments posted about him, but that sort of stuff should not be a part of this league.

Mk

P.S. This is all good PR for the Flutter Feed.

P.P.S. I wish I had known GC posted the comment when first saw it. Can you say...

DKC Knicks

« Reply #517 on: June 03, 2015, 03:24:25 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Hibbert, #22, and #27 are available in a package deal for a higher draft pick. Send me a PM if interested.

« Reply #518 on: June 03, 2015, 04:19:44 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
#26 + #36 available for 2016 1st

#26 + #36 available for anyone looking to trade down

Will consider moving Stauskas, Bennett or Biyombo for a 1st this year or next

Potentially willing to package MMSB's 2016 1st, #26, #36, my 2nd next year and a choice of Bennett, Biyombo or Stauskas for a superstar. 

« Reply #519 on: June 03, 2015, 04:35:40 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
#26 + #36 available for 2016 1st

#26 + #36 available for anyone looking to trade down

Will consider moving Stauskas, Bennett or Biyombo for a 1st this year or next

Potentially willing to package MMSB's 2016 1st, #26, #36, my 2nd next year and a choice of Bennett, Biyombo or Stauskas for a superstar.

Vomit emoticon
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #520 on: June 03, 2015, 04:50:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Minor mega deal(s) coming
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:30:25 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #521 on: June 03, 2015, 05:53:55 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Medium extra large or small deal on the board:

Ubuntu trades: Bellevue's 2016 #1, Ubuntu's 2016 #1,
Tyrion's Team trades: #14, #17, TT's 2016 2nd

« Reply #522 on: June 03, 2015, 05:59:16 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Wow Eja with several 2016 picks

« Reply #523 on: June 03, 2015, 06:11:25 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
followup deal coming up....

« Reply #524 on: June 03, 2015, 06:14:00 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033