Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 324766 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #495 on: June 02, 2015, 03:56:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
#26 +#36 available together for a 2016 1st. 

I'd also be open to trading up with those picks.

« Reply #496 on: June 02, 2015, 04:14:49 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
#26 +#36 available together for a 2016 1st. 

I'd also be open to trading up with those picks.

I hear Eja is interested in 2nd rounders  ;D

« Reply #497 on: June 02, 2015, 04:39:41 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
LB33 has now been banished from my inbox as well
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #498 on: June 02, 2015, 05:13:43 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I'm sadly having to come back to work after dinner to finish working on a project.

If anyone is looking for trade talk... hit me up.

Since I finished in 2nd place, i'm prob. more willing --- maybe even motivated ---- than other teams to trade for players in that 28-32 y.o. range.

I might even discuss my new, shiny bauble... a top 10 (!) pick  :o
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #499 on: June 02, 2015, 06:23:09 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
LB33 has banished his #8 pick

« Reply #500 on: June 02, 2015, 07:13:14 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Did it continue to send messages to your inbox that was all like "Hey man. No big deal. There are plenty of people that want me so I laugh it all off. Lol."?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 10:11:07 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #501 on: June 02, 2015, 08:37:46 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Did it continue to send you messages to your inbox that was all like "Hey man. No big deal. There are plenty of people that want me so I laugh it all off. Lol."?

Burrrnnnnnn
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #502 on: June 02, 2015, 10:36:36 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Trade Announcements as Ubuntu Y'all gets warmed up:

Lucky's Strikes trade #25 pick
Ubuntu Y'all trades Langston Galloway, #38 pick

Ubuntu Y'all trades Jrue Holiday, Khris Middleton
Bellevue trades #8, #30, #32 picks, Bellevue 2016 1st round pick

Spreadsheet update blast coming tonight.

« Reply #503 on: June 03, 2015, 01:31:47 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Bold Moves in Bellevue
Nairda Iksworanjow - Whacko! Sports

BELLEVUE, WA - As speculated over the weekend by FSPN's Chaz Buick, the Bellevue Leprechauns cemented a deal on Monday evening that the organization hopes will be an important step towards eventually contending.   In a risky and ambitious move, the Leprechauns have traded multiple draft picks, including the #8 pick in the upcoming draft and their own unprotected 2016 1st, for point guard Jrue Holiday and forward Khris Middleton.

The 24 year old Holiday has been limited by injuries the past two seasons, but is just two years removed from an all-star appearance (38.5fp) and has remained an elite-level player in the games he's played... averaging 15 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 1.6 steals with 45%/38%/86% shooting last season (35.3fp).  Reports indicate that Holiday will be ready to lead the young Leprechauns at the start of the season and is excited about growing with the established young core that includes Wiggins, Gilchrist and Noel.   Leprechauns GM, LarBrd33, had discussions centered on Holiday last year, but opted to let the season play out (likely with hopes of bottoming out for a top 2 pick). 

The 23 year old Khris Middleton has made noise the past two seasons as an exceptional "three and D" talent.   The young three-position (SG, SF, PF) player is coming off a season averaging 13.4 points, 4.4 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 1.5 steals with outstanding 47%/41%/86% shooting (27fp in 30mpg).  The Leprechauns believe the young player to be a "sleeper star" who is just scratching the surface of his long-term potential and note his performance in the second half the season where he upped his scoring average to 17 points (32.6fp) as he lead his team to the playoffs during the final three months of the season.   

Sources indicate that plummeting ticket prices last year were a primary motivation for the move.  While the team cherished it's draft picks, it felt pressure to add genuine talent.   Moving the 2016 1st may ultimately cost the team.  On BellevueBlog, many disappointed fans expressed their frustration by calling the move "risky" and suggesting that the team could have given up an opportunity to land a genuine superstar or two by moving the future 1st.   LarBrd33 has released a brief statement:  "We're thrilled about this trade.  Fans should be as excited as we are.  We see Chris and Drew as two young stars with a bright future in Bellevue.   Drew is an all-star talent.  Chris is on the verge of being a special player in this league and we feel he will flourish in his new role next season.   Between our returning injured players and top two draft picks, we have a lot of young talent joining this team next year.   We're very excited about where this is headed.  We ask you to Believe in Bellevue." 

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:40:51 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #504 on: June 03, 2015, 03:30:44 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Did it continue to send you messages to your inbox that was all like "Hey man. No big deal. There are plenty of people that want me so I laugh it all off. Lol."?

Burrrnnnnnn

Just a note about the Chaz Buick flutter feed on the microsite (which understandably not everyone is into).   Believe it or not, a large percentage of those posts aren't actually coming from me.  I've found it kind of cool, because there's been a couple times where a leaked rumor about Bellevue gets posted by someone other than myself... which is kind of neat, because it's totally in the spirit of that experiment (adding the element of "the media" to a fantasy league).    I get an alert every time someone posts on there.  Inevitably there's been a couple anonymous insults/profanity posted on there that I've just deleted.  Kinda expected.   

Someone posted a couple insults about my personal life on there today (which I've since deleted).  Since it's anonymous and I can't reach out to whoever posted it, I just want to say a couple brief things.  #1 - I've never used a hidden e-mail to discuss trades with any of you.  I've posted ridiculous videos of myself publicly on Celticsblog in the past.  Whatever.  If people on this forum really want to stalk me, because they disagree with my opinion about a basketball team... so be it.  #2 - I'm trying to have fun with this league.  This whole thing is incredibly nerdy and I figure I might as well embrace it to the fullest.  If you disagree with my trade offers, fine.  There's no need to make it personal.  I've never been so unhappy with a fake trade offer in a fake fantasy league that I took it to heart.   #3 - I know I've gone overboard at times and occasionally forget what trades have been discussed.  I'm genuinely sorry if anyone took it seriously.  I'll try to tone it down a bit.  I'm building an 8 terabyte database that will allow me to better keep track of my previous trade offers so not to accidentally send duplicate requests.  I'm connecting it to a pseudo-AI called LarBot that uses my own patented algorithm to analytically predict an acceptable counter offer to a rejected trade.  This should go a long way towards limiting my trade requests and keeping you guys happy.  This is, of course, assuming LarBot doesn't pass the turing test, become self-aware, and decide the only cure for society is to annihilate all of us.   

Seriously though, I look at this as the basketball equivalent of D&D.  Whoever posted those insults... no hard feelings.  As long as I don't come home one day to my dead cat sitting in a pot of boiling water and a note that says, "Shouldn't have lowballed me, David" stapled to my fridge, I figure we're good.  TP's all around. 

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 04:05:51 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #505 on: June 03, 2015, 08:44:35 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Although I see LB33's rational for consolidating assets, this is a great trade for GC. I was never high on Jrue and Middleton, but he managed to get two lottery picks and two second rounders for them.

« Reply #506 on: June 03, 2015, 09:29:16 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Reports indicate that Holiday will be ready to lead the young Leprechauns at the start of the season and is excited about growing with the established young core that includes Wiggins, Gilchrist and Noel.     

Wait LarBird, in our discussions you said you were concerned b/c there was no timetable for his return  ;) ;D

I guess I should have know when the 'article' you sent didn't have a link...  :P 8)

j/k... GC
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #507 on: June 03, 2015, 10:07:06 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Although I see LB33's rational for consolidating assets, this is a great trade for GC. I was never high on Jrue and Middleton, but he managed to get two lottery picks and two second rounders for them.

One Lottery pick.

Unless LB requires his own #1, I highly doubt LB's pick will be in the lottery next season.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #508 on: June 03, 2015, 10:22:29 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

i told you someone would get an overpay from me.  Hate giving up my 1st next year.  It's basically a guaranteed lotto pick.  I might improve next season but I would have to move up over 10 spots to get out of the lotto. 

I still have bacon's 1st next year (good shot at Ben Simmons), #26 and #36.  All of those are available and I may look to package them together with a prospect and try to land another impact player.   But knowing me I'll trade holiday and Middleton for draft picks and continue my cycle of misery.

« Reply #509 on: June 03, 2015, 11:46:42 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
i told you someone would get an overpay from me.

I agree, it was an overpay. Don't get me wrong, I like Khris a lot as a player, but in FBB, he's much better in a H2H/non-points league. Jrue is a mess, and by Jrue I mean his leg. I always feel bad for young guys like him who have habitual career threatening injuries. He's so young, talented, and playing along side AD. Not to mention with Gentry as coach, his system is very FBB friendly. I hope he can get over his fractures.

I love these deals for GC. He got better value than I would have expected, for Jrue especially. That said, he has to nail #8.

Hate giving up my 1st next year.  It's basically a guaranteed lotto pick.  I might improve next season but I would have to move up over 10 spots to get out of the lotto.

I love when u write this stuff.

I still have bacon's 1st next year (good shot at Ben Simmons), #26 and #36.

Yeah wow, big props on landing Rick's 2016 #1. If things fall right, u may be able to have on ur roster the #1 over picks from 2013 (Bennett), 2014 (Wiggins), 2015 (Kaminsky), and 2016 (Simmons).

All of those are available and I may look to package them together with a prospect and try to land another impact player.   But knowing me I'll trade holiday and Middleton for draft picks and continue my cycle of misery.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks