Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 324790 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #480 on: June 01, 2015, 06:27:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Parsons is fine folks. Even if he weren't no need to offer TWO WHOLE SECOND ROUNDERS!

Oooohhhh.....How did you turn that down eja? After all....he might have had micro fracture surgery. Your young borderline all star may be done playing NBA ball because he might have had micro surgery, which we now suspect, not because of what was reported initially or because of his time frame to return, but because he refused to answer a question.

Well....what can I say ladies. I like to live dangerously. I know two second rounders could be the difference between a championship and last place, but....I just don't believe in that

I am shocked - shocked! - that LarBrd33 would lowball you like that. Very much unlike him.

::)   I post way too much in this thread as-is.  If I threw a temper tantrum everytime someone made a perceived lowball offer to me, this thread would be 1000 pages long.   Normally I just laugh it off and make a counter offer.   

Note that I've seeded numerous teams with all-star talent (John Wall, Chris Paul, Al Horford, Brook Lopez, Pau Gasol, Klay Thompson, Tyler Zeller, Kemba Walker, etc) in my short time here.  I've seeded numerous teams with building blocks and draft picks.    You know I've made close to 100 trades in the year and a half since I joined this league.   I just successfully orchestrated a 4-team trade where everyone received what they wanted.   

I had to sift through some bad offers in the process.   I probably made some bad offers as well.  But numerous times folks have found a middle ground with me... including Rondo2287 and Eja, two of the folks most vocal against my trade offers. It's a silly game.  I have fun with it.  Despite all the crazy trades, my team is still a bottom 4 squad and will probably stay there indefinitely.  This team has performed inarguably worse since I took over and moved them to Bellevue.

You know who I haven't successfully made a trade with during that time, Champkind?  You... but I can't feel too bad about it, because in the two years since I've been here you've completed exactly two trades.    One in which you traded a waiver-wire player (Kostas Pampinkrapalow - 12fp) for Lou Williams (24fp) ..... Another in which you traded Brandon Knight (32fp) and Thad Young (30fp) for Dwight Howard (37fp) and Kemba Walker (34.4fp). 

So unless you're getting a blatant overpay, it's a "lowball" in your eyes.  I get it.  Which explains why you were so insulted by my trade offer to you in March (three draft picks for Giannis) that you refused to even acknowledge it... even though the best of those 3 draft picks I offered you is about to land either Townes or Okafor, who I personally believe will have a better career than Jabari Parker's future backup Giannis.

*shrug*

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 07:01:00 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #481 on: June 01, 2015, 07:24:18 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
To be fair, I hadn't even looked at that last trade since I had gotten into the mode of just deleting your trade offers as they arrived since a great many of them involved moving Giannis for several 2nd rounders or 2nd round talent. But, like I said before, I would rather have Giannis than the chance to draft #1 overall (a 1 in 4 proposition at the time) and two 2nd rounders that I had no room for. So I'm happy with the choice I made - sounds like it worked out for both of us.

In fact, not trading has worked out so well for us, let's continue doing it. Please don't send me any more trade offers.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #482 on: June 01, 2015, 07:38:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
To be fair, I hadn't even looked at that last trade since I had gotten into the mode of just deleting your trade offers as they arrived since a great many of them involved moving Giannis for several 2nd rounders or 2nd round talent. But, like I said before, I would rather have Giannis than the chance to draft #1 overall (a 1 in 4 proposition at the time) and two 2nd rounders that I had no room for. So I'm happy with the choice I made - sounds like it worked out for both of us.

In fact, not trading has worked out so well for us, let's continue doing it. Please don't send me any more trade offers.
Lol.  Fair enough, man.   Good luck.

« Reply #483 on: June 01, 2015, 08:35:28 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
TP. I wouldn't mind if the celtics traded for jiu-jitsu Hibbert

I would love to see the Celtics get Hibbert this summer. Totally would love it. CBS would do wonders with him, and he fills a huge need for us, and would come at a reasonable cost right now. I can see Ainge landing Hibbert and still having cap room and assets to get a player like Love.

« Reply #484 on: June 01, 2015, 11:20:01 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Lucky's Strikes just made a move, but I literally don't know who to send the confirm to. Thoughts?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #485 on: June 01, 2015, 11:39:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Lucky's Strikes just made a move, but I literally don't know who to send the confirm to. Thoughts?
Pm byennie:  http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2893

« Reply #486 on: June 02, 2015, 12:38:22 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Chaz Buick's Flutter Feed:  "Rumor:  In quest to improve, the Leprechauns are close to acquiring two young starters in a move classified as "risky, but potentially significant".  It is believed that several draft picks including #8 are involved."

« Reply #487 on: June 02, 2015, 08:24:43 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Actually, you can post it right on my reddit
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #488 on: June 02, 2015, 09:50:26 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm thinking of going into hibernation in this league till after summer league

« Reply #489 on: June 02, 2015, 10:17:47 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

LB33 will make sure that doesn't happen.

« Reply #490 on: June 02, 2015, 11:18:03 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #491 on: June 02, 2015, 12:56:48 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I have no picks this year,  but both my 2016 picks are available.

« Reply #492 on: June 02, 2015, 01:38:23 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Mk
Both of the last two posts are fair. And actually I didn't send a proposal at lunch. I sent an exporatory comment at breakfast

« Reply #493 on: June 02, 2015, 02:38:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Mk
Both of the last two posts are fair. And actually I didn't send a proposal at lunch. I sent an exporatory comment at breakfast
eja check your pm, I sent you an exploratory breakfast at proposal.

« Reply #494 on: June 02, 2015, 03:28:27 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Mk
eja check your pm, I sent you an exploratory breakfast at proposal.
You sent me an exploratory breakfast? To my inbox? Via pm?