Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 324812 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #435 on: May 29, 2015, 07:19:34 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
James Young and Tyler Ennis have pretty identical trade value.

I'm not disputing that James Young has more trade value in this fantasy league.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #436 on: May 29, 2015, 07:21:48 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Mk

Haha
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #437 on: May 29, 2015, 07:27:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Mk

If I wasn't clear... I was saying that in the real world (the NBA), they are on a par.   If the Boston Celtics tried to trade James Young, they'd get basically the same return as the Bucks would get by trading Tyler Ennis.   They are equal in terms of trade value.

If I wasn't clear, this fantasy basketball league has an obvious pro-Celtic bias.  This is literally CelticsBlog.   Freakin Gigi Datome arguably has trade value in this league.  It skews things a bit. 

The two bolded statements don't contradict each other.  They actually work together.    James Young and Tyler Ennis have pretty identical trade value.  I'm not disputing that James Young has more trade value in this fantasy league..

Regardless, that was a nice trade by both teams.  Some might be looking at it with green-tinted goggles and overvaluing what James Young is worth. 

Sorry for not being clear.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 07:32:33 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #438 on: May 29, 2015, 07:35:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Hearing a trade for an allstar big man is close
Let's turn this into a 6-team trade.

« Reply #439 on: May 29, 2015, 07:43:57 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Gasol is close to being traded folks so u guys better give me some better offers
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #440 on: May 29, 2015, 08:51:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I'm loving the offseason activity already! I have to give a shoutout to the commish for opening up the trade season and letting us have some fun!!

« Reply #441 on: May 29, 2015, 09:17:01 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
Gasol is close to being traded folks so u guys better give me some better offers

Nice, I'll be interested to see what U get.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #442 on: May 29, 2015, 11:00:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Chaz Buick:  "Complicated 4-Team Deal involves 4 players and 7 Draft picks. Source indicates deal is "99% Done". Teams are preparing paperwork to file to league offices."

« Reply #443 on: May 30, 2015, 09:08:59 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I'm hearing it's not actually a 4 team deal.  It could be submitted separately as 4 separate deals, but if the gms involved wanna call it a 4 team deal go ahead. 

Also I made drawings about how it's really 4 separate trades if anybody wants to see
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #444 on: May 30, 2015, 10:17:27 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I'm hearing it's not actually a 4 team deal.  It could be submitted separately as 4 separate deals, but if the gms involved wanna call it a 4 team deal go ahead. 

Also I made drawings about how it's really 4 separate trades if anybody wants to see
This one is a pure legit bonafied 4 teamer.  Team A had a lot of stuff.  Team C didn't want all that stuff. So Team A says, "what if I trade some of this stuff to Team B and Team B sends you their stuff.... Then you're getting stuff from both of us!"   Meanwhile, Team A wanted some of Team D's stuff but Team D wanted some of Team A's stuff and Team C's stuff.  So Team A sent more stuff to Team C so that Team C would send stuff to Team D and Team D would send some stuff to Team A.  There's a lot of stuff. 

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 10:44:33 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #445 on: May 30, 2015, 11:47:14 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

This one is a pure legit bonafied 4 teamer.  Team A had a lot of stuff.  Team C didn't want all that stuff. So Team A says, "what if I trade some of this stuff to Team B and Team B sends you their stuff.... Then you're getting stuff from both of us!"   Meanwhile, Team A wanted some of Team D's stuff but Team D wanted some of Team A's stuff and Team C's stuff.  So Team A sent more stuff to Team C so that Team C would send stuff to Team D and Team D would send some stuff to Team A.  There's a lot of stuff. 

Hand drawn???! Where's the animated power point?

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #446 on: May 30, 2015, 02:07:49 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Mk

Times are tough in the Bellview front office. 90% of the money must go into marketing/advertising is my guess ;D

« Reply #447 on: May 30, 2015, 02:43:56 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

Mk

Times are tough in the Bellview front office. 90% of the money must go into marketing/advertising is my guess ;D

Tp!!!

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #448 on: May 30, 2015, 04:00:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Mk

Tp!!!

Mk

We're building the billboards as we speak.  The fans are restless. Ticket sales are at an all-time low.   

« Reply #449 on: May 30, 2015, 06:03:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
4-Team Trade is submitted/confirmed.  Just awaiting announcement from league office. 

I'm now listening to offers for the following pieces

My 2016 1st round Pick - My draft pick has ended up #2 for two years in a row.  The Ben Simmons draft should be a big one.

Nik Stauskas - He was picked 8th.  He shot 47%/44%/82% in College.  Not unlikely his predecessor, Ben McLemore, he struggled as a rookie in a Rudy Gay-dominated culture.   McLemore saw a dramatic improvement from year 1 to 2.   Stauskas has already displayed positive signs.  First half of the season shot an uncharacteristic 33%/26%/86% ....  Post-All-star he saw an increase in both minutes and production, shooting 42%/42%/86%.  We have more evidence to support Stauskas as an elite shooter than not.  He has legit size at 6'6 205 for the SG position.  His last game he put up 14 points, 5 assists and 5 rebounds. 

Bismack Biyombo - He's long been a binkie of mine.  Still only 22 years old.  When given minutes, he's been productive.  In 2013-14, he had Per-36 minute averages of 7.5 points, 12.3 rebounds, 2.9 blocks and 61% shooting.  Last year, it was more of the same.  His defensive-rating of 99 would actually put him in the top 10 in the league with qualified minutes.  Yet he found himself Hornet team somewhat loaded with big prospects.  Al Jefferson getting the bulk of minutes and Cody Zeller seemingly a higher development priority due to being selected #4 a year prior.  Despite this, Biyombo made the most of his minutes and eventually found himself starting for the final month of the season.  In 21 starts, he averaged 27 minutes, 7 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks with 55% shooting.  HIs numbers over the past month were even better (averaging 30mpg and 30FP in the process).  He's proved that he will average a FP per minute... the question is just whether he'll get the minutes next year.  This summer he's a restricted free agent that the Hornets might let go.  If someone gives him 35+ minutes, you can fully expect him to generate 35+FP. 

Both Stauskas (via trade) and Biyombo (via free agency) would make for great buy-low acquisitions for Ainge this Summer.  It's worth noting here that long-time forum member ssspence randomly posted in March that Biyombo would be a target for the Celtics:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=76899.msg1845145#msg1845145
Just calling it now. I have it on good authority the Cs org feels they can work him into a better, more rounded player, and therefore leverage his shotblocking ability more consistently. If they strike out on a marquee big man early in FA, look for this to happen.

I genuinely like both Stauskas and Biyombo, but I'm open to listening to offers.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 06:23:36 PM by LarBrd33 »