Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 324130 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2014, 11:56:42 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
So that's all 20 teams now, right? Sooooo....we're all good and set to go now, right?

« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2014, 12:05:27 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
So that's all 20 teams now, right? Sooooo....we're all good and set to go now, right?

Good to go. I'll be loading up the rosters in the next couple of days, and then starting a new thread for the preseason.

« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2014, 10:25:45 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281

Good to go. I'll be loading up the rosters in the next couple of days, and then starting a new thread for the preseason.

When do we plan to draft?  The H2H league is Thursday - hoping this one won't be far behind. 

Also, I am looking for a pick somewhere between 10-20 --- hit me up if you have one you want to move.  Always open to other trade ideas as well!
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2014, 11:37:06 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
I haven't seen heard or read any tentative draft dates but i would hope that we would get more than a 2 day warning. Someone (sorry I can't recall) was asking for this to be pushed out for a while right?
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2014, 11:40:46 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I may have just completed my first fantasy trade of the 2014-15 season so by the tim you read this, my roster may already be out-of-date :/  but im open to disucssing anyone...

Archie Goodwin
Arnett Moultrie
Brandan Wright
CJ Miles
DeMarcus Cousins
Jrue Holiday
Kevin Garnett
Khris Middleton
Marcus Thornton
Mike Conley
Patrick Mills
Patrick Patterson
Paul Millsap
Rudy Gay
Taj Gibson
Wilson Chandler

Pick #17
Pick #25
Pick #35
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2014, 12:37:04 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
If you would like to make a trade, hit me up this week b/c I wont be around for the draft (assuming it's next week).

Readily Available
Jameer Nelson
Evan Fournier
2015 #1
2015 #2

Still Pretty Available
Carlos "Booze-Bag" Boozer

Available, But I Need Convincing
Zach Randolph
David Lee
Dwayne Wade
Dirk Nowitzki

Not Really Available Unless You REALLY Work It
Kendall Marshall
Gordon Hayward
James Ennis

Super Available in 2019
Chris Paul
Big Al
LeBron James

Headed To Greener Pastures:
Nick Calathes

****UPDATE******

I am most interested in 2014 draft picks, but would also consider some younger players or 2015 #1s.

Mk
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 12:54:04 PM by mkogav »

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2014, 02:00:08 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I may have just completed my first fantasy trade of the 2014-15 season so by the tim you read this, my roster may already be out-of-date :/  but im open to disucssing anyone...

Archie Goodwin
Arnett Moultrie
Brandan Wright
CJ Miles
Kevin Garnett
Khris Middleton
Marcus Thornton
Patrick Mills
Patrick Patterson

Tough to beat that list.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2014, 02:11:49 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

Archie Goodwin
Arnett Moultrie
Brandan Wright
CJ Miles
Kevin Garnett
Khris Middleton
Marcus Thornton
Patrick Mills
Patrick Patterson

Tough to beat that list.

Take it from BFM .... he couldn't beat it. In fact the Designated Drinkers finished 6,112 points behind that list last year  8)

TRUCE? :-*

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2014, 03:01:47 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

Archie Goodwin
Arnett Moultrie
Brandan Wright
CJ Miles
Kevin Garnett
Khris Middleton
Marcus Thornton
Patrick Mills
Patrick Patterson

Tough to beat that list.

Take it from BFM .... he couldn't beat it. In fact the Designated Drinkers finished 6,112 points behind that list last year  8)

TRUCE? :-*

Sure, GC. I've spent less than one active year in this leauge, I think. Yet we have equal number of championships to show for  :-[
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2014, 04:26:11 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
^^ wait didn't i win the ML Carr Bowl or something last year?!?

« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2014, 10:21:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I haven't seen heard or read any tentative draft dates but i would hope that we would get more than a 2 day warning. Someone (sorry I can't recall) was asking for this to be pushed out for a while right?
I own picks 2, 3, 4 and 6.  I'm travelling through DC, NY, Chi, Milwaukee and Boston until October 5th so it's hard for me to participate until then.  Any time other than these 2 weeks would have been fine.

« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2014, 10:58:47 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I own picks 2, 3, 4 and 6.  I'm travelling through DC, NY, Chi, Milwaukee and Boston until October 5th so it's hard for me to participate until then.  Any time other than these 2 weeks would have been fine.

I'm thinking it's going to be mid-October so everyone can have sufficient notice and a little wiggle room before the season.

I'll throw October 18th out there as a possibility- please everyone add suggestions so we can get preferences on the table.

« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2014, 11:00:48 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

I'm fine with whatever gets chosen.

with picks 2,3,4, and 6 -- you should be fine just sending a list (6 players long) to the commish to pick from for you, no?

« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2014, 09:59:02 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

I'm thinking it's going to be mid-October so everyone can have sufficient notice and a little wiggle room before the season.

I'll throw October 18th out there as a possibility- please everyone add suggestions so we can get preferences on the table.

18th is a Saturday I believe. I am not in favor of a weekend rookie draft.

The NBA kicks off on Tuesday Oct 28.

I would suggest having the draft on Tuesday Oct 14th, with a Y! roster upload date of Oct 21st. That will give GMs a week after the draft to make additional trades and cut down their rosters. The 21st upload date clears the initial waiver period and gives GMs a week to make any additional last-minute trades.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2014, 10:05:42 AM »

• Rajon Rondo

18th is a Saturday I believe. I am not in favor of a weekend rookie draft.

The NBA kicks off on Tuesday Oct 28.

I would suggest having the draft on Tuesday Oct 14th, with a Y! roster upload date of Oct 21st. That will give GMs a week after the draft to make additional trades and cut down their rosters. The 21st upload date clears the initial waiver period and gives GMs a week to make any additional last-minute trades.

Mk

Mk makes a good point --- the period after the draft to cut-down date tends (in both leagues) to be a busy one b/c teams are scrambling to make deals before they have to cut down.

Any draft date after Oct. 14 (until Oct. 26) knocks me out --- but that's fine. I may be moving my 1st rounder anyways...