Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 325822 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2014, 07:52:05 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Bfm I don't think you are getting my point. I'm not suggesting you needed to participate in my unofficial tourney. I'm saying that after you publicly announced your resignation, you didn't communicate a change of heart. You exhibited all signs of having quit... Ignoring PMs and emails, allowing your missed games to go from -3 to 44 down the stretch, keeping productive

I can ignore all your PMs. I don't ignore the commish's PMs. I don't ignore trade talks. What I ignored fell under neither category.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2014, 07:55:40 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
And who chose to replace me? The commish who has known for the past few days that I accepted the invitation to reclaim my team and was tinkering around with personal settings or the guy who is self anointed co-commish?

And I'm not going to "reclaim" any team. I already have one. Sorry to disappoint you, co-commish

« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2014, 08:11:53 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Welcome back BFM!

Mk

Btw, if we held all GMs who posted that they were leaving the the league to their word, we'd only have about 10 GMs.

Mk
Ah... sorry.  I'm still new to this league.  I didn't realize it was common for someone to publicly say "i'm done with this league, find my replacement" and then proceed to stop setting their lineups and ignore everyone for half a year... only to resurface 10 minutes after the replacement is found. 

I feel bad about this.  I'm still learning about this league.

It's a long standing tradition.

Mk
Who did that before? And when?

« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2014, 08:16:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Bfm there is only one commish. I'm just trying to help out with his approval. It's essentially identical to you helping out last season when you personally recruited me.   This hostility is unwarranted.  I think everyone pretty much understood you had resigned.  The only reason you weren't replaced sooner is because you quit in March with 1 month left in the post trade-deadline season. There was no point to replacing you in March and having the new owner sit on his butt for 6 months. It made more sense to recruit your replacement now.  If you want someone to be mad at, maybe you should blame yourself for not publicly un-resigning.  I'm personally sorry I didn't know your changed stance but you made a point to ignore me when I reached out... And unfortunately I'm not telepathic.

« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2014, 08:17:43 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Welcome back BFM!

Mk

Btw, if we held all GMs who posted that they were leaving the the league to their word, we'd only have about 10 GMs.

Mk
Ah... sorry.  I'm still new to this league.  I didn't realize it was common for someone to publicly say "i'm done with this league, find my replacement" and then proceed to stop setting their lineups and ignore everyone for half a year... only to resurface 10 minutes after the replacement is found. 

I feel bad about this.  I'm still learning about this league.

It's a long standing tradition.

Mk
Who did that before? And when?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:32:07 PM by mkogav »

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2014, 08:17:50 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
This is just about the whackiest night I've ever seen in both leagues.

« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2014, 08:23:51 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Guys, I am communicating with BFM privately and he will indeed still be afforded 1st priority to reclaim his old team.

Just as a reminder to everyone, please don't go nuts on this stuff in the forum. It only creates drama. I'm a pretty reasonable guy and will happily deal with this sort of thing in private. At the very least, ask me first before making assumptions. Discussions like this will just get locked over on Yahoo! when they devolve into finger pointing.

Gotta love traditions.

« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2014, 08:29:54 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Sorry for my role in not knowing BFM secretly changed his mind, Byennie.

Might want to double check with Lucky17 and maybe GomesFan too to see if they also secretly changed their mind.

;)

Ok im done. And by done I mean done with this particular discussion, not the league as a whole... I don't want there to be any confusion.   Lol

« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2014, 08:38:55 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
Sorry for my role in not knowing BFM secretly changed his mind, Byennie.

Might want to double check with Lucky17 and maybe GomesFan too to see if they also secretly changed their mind.

;)

Ok im done. And by done I mean done with this particular discussion, not the league as a whole... I don't want there to be any confusion.   Lol

Yup, you may also want to revoke the membership of folks who don't log in on CB frequently and/or don't respond to your nonsense via PMs. I'm sure you think you're an unofficial mod on this blog as well. Anyway, sorry that you weren't able to oust me with your lies.

« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2014, 08:55:15 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
I have no interest in the tit-for-tat here. Stop so the next post in this offseason thread can be about the upcoming season. Thanks.

« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2014, 09:04:31 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Looking to overhaul the roster. Will be trading Russell Westbrook for prospects. Don't have to be great prospects, just ones with a high ceiling, like Ben McLemore, Anthony Bennett, etc. Also trading my future firsts for similar prospects. Guys like Wesley Johnson, Xavier Henry, Michael
Beasley...

Hahajustkiddingyouguys!!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2014, 09:09:33 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Indeed....I want to make a minor request. For like the first two weeks of the season can you please name your team something like Lucky/Indeed or Lucky Indeed or Indeed Lucky so I know it's Lucky's roster becoming yours and then for like a week call it Indeed Whatever You Will Call it and then just Whatever you will call it? It will help with the transition. It's always so confusing.

« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2014, 09:17:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Indeed....I want to make a minor request. For like the first two weeks of the season can you please name your team something like Lucky/Indeed or Lucky Indeed or Indeed Lucky so I know it's Lucky's roster becoming yours and then for like a week call it Indeed Whatever You Will Call it and then just Whatever you will call it? It will help with the transition. It's always so confusing.

I wasn't going to change it until the season started, so, done .

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2014, 09:18:40 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
Looking to overhaul the roster. Will be trading Russell Westbrook for prospects. Don't have to be great prospects, just ones with a high ceiling, like Ben McLemore, Anthony Bennett, etc. Also trading my future firsts for similar prospects. Guys like Wesley Johnson, Xavier Henry, Michael
Beasley...

Hahajustkiddingyouguys!!

I'm on to you, man. There's no way you're reverse tricking me into Muscala for one of your "veterans" or "All-Stars".

« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2014, 11:17:03 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Glad to hear BFM is back! With his return, and IP taking over Lucky's roster, this is going to be a great time for this league.