Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 324788 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2014, 05:38:32 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
LarBrd33, not everyone logs in on CB in during the off season. Especially those who live in a country that doesn't fall in the American time zone. If I didn't want to be a part of the league, I wouldn't have accepted the commish's invitation
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2014, 05:43:42 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
And to the commish, if you're going to remove me, let the other GMs decide. Not LarBrd33.

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2014, 05:44:08 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
LarBrd33, not everyone logs in on CB in during the off season. Especially those who live in a country that doesn't fall in the American time zone. If I didn't want to be a part of the league, I wouldn't have accepted the commish's invitation
BFM... I've never had a problem with you personally so I don't really understand your approach right now. 

You told us back in March you were stepping down and we needed to find you a replacement GM.   At no point have you publicly said otherwise.   You were effectively MIA the last month of the season.  You stopped setting your lineups down the stretch.  I realized this, because your team should have actually won the "Ainge Bowl" tourney (I sent you reminders that you ignored), but you didn't even participate and went from 0 to 44 missed games by the end of the year.  I have sent you at least 3 PM's several months apart asking you to change your mind and you never responded.  I sent you an e-mail as well... because I didn't understand why you were quitting after proving to be one of the most active guys in the league.  Plus, I like you... you recruited me into the league and were a tremendous help in getting me up to speed.   Silence.   We've had threads up for months talking about eventually needing two replacement GMs... one for Lucky17 and one for you.  Silence.  We created this recruitment thread... silence.   And now that we announce our two replacements, you finally break your silence to say you change your mind.   Sorry man... I assure you I wasn't attempting to push you out.  You definitely know that's not true.  I'm merely trying to help where I can. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:51:15 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2014, 05:47:45 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
And to others, you know I've not not posted in the H2H thread either since, atleast March or April, doesn't mean I gave up my team.

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2014, 05:54:16 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:59:50 PM by barefacedmonk »

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2014, 05:56:14 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

LarBrd33, I don't need to respond to all PMs regarding this leauge unless a trade offer has been made . I'm sorry I didn't respond to  your PMs. It wasn't the first time. You know it as well. How you took that to be a sign of resignation is baffling? I didn't say anything to the new commish. It I wanted to quit, I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of clicking the link in his email and changing the settings, display pic etc.

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2014, 06:00:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
LarBrd33, I don't need to respond to all PMs regarding this leauge unless a trade offer has been made . I'm sorry I didn't respond  you r PMs. It wasn't the first time. You know it as well. How you took that to be a sign of resignation is baffling? I didn't say anything to the new commish. It I wanted to quit, I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of clicking the link in his email and changing the settings, display pic etc.

http://i.imgur.com/Ahkn8e1.png

I believe that's the last public comments you've made regarding this league until today. 

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2014, 06:06:26 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
LarBrd33, I don't need to respond to all PMs regarding this leauge unless a trade offer has been made . I'm sorry I didn't respond  you r PMs. It wasn't the first time. You know it as well. How you took that to be a sign of resignation is baffling? I didn't say anything to the new commish. It I wanted to quit, I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of clicking the link in his email and changing the settings, display pic etc.

http://i.imgur.com/Ahkn8e1.png

I believe that's the last public comments you've made regarding this league until today.

Check the date and month. Just because I don't respond to you doesn't mean I said no to the new commish. It's not your place to decide.

« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2014, 06:08:21 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
And yes, just because I don't make a public comment doesn't mean crap. What should i do? Start a flutter feed?

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2014, 06:13:40 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
BFM, I'm still not entirely clear why you are angry with me, but I still think you're a good dude.  In-fact, immediately after you announced your resignation publicly, I responded asking you to reconsider (which you can see in this thread archive where you publicly quit:  http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/archive/nba/2013/23175/message?msgid=v1/mb/board/783a27b8-ec99-4838-9f02-adbc90d4a5ea/thread/1394731599091-00334208-b60c-4433-bb41-5adb67ba7bb9 )...

In March you publicly announced your resignation and proceeded to abandon your team, but if since then you've had private conversations with the commish that the rest of us haven't been privy to, I would like to publicly apologize for helping find your replacement.  I never wanted to see you go. My guess is the commish wasn't clear on your stance either, else he would have told us "bfm changed his mind about quitting".  And in case this isn't obvious, I have no control over the Yahoo league... so byennie would have been the one to invite the replacement.   Perhaps it was miscommunication.  Sorry man.  Again... just trying to help where I can.   This is a fun league.  I enjoy it.  You didn't seem to be enjoying it anymore.

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2014, 06:20:45 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
BFM, I'm still not entirely clear why you are angry with me, but I still think you're a good dude.  In-fact, immediately after you announced your resignation publicly, I responded asking you to reconsider (which you can see in this thread archive:  http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/archive/nba/2013/23175/message?msgid=v1/mb/board/783a27b8-ec99-4838-9f02-adbc90d4a5ea/thread/1394731599091-00334208-b60c-4433-bb41-5adb67ba7bb9 )...

In March you publicly announced your resignation and proceeded to abandon your team, but if since then you've had private conversations with the commish that the rest of us haven't been privy to, I would like to publicly apologize for helping find your replacement.  I never wanted to see you go. My guess is the commish wasn't clear on your stance either, else he would have told us "bfm changed his mind about quitting".   Perhaps it was miscommunication.  Sorry man.  Again... just trying to help where I can.   This is a fun league.  I enjoy it.  You didn't seem to be enjoying it anymore.

I abandoned my team? Just because I didn't partake in your stupid whatever bowl game? I set my line up daily. Don't give me ****. You can have that whatever bowl tournament every year and I wouldn't be part of it. Who won it this year, btw? Nobody gave 2 craps abt it.

Commish wasn't clear because you've been harping on my replacement. Remember the "whatever latka" comment?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 06:26:34 PM by barefacedmonk »

« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2014, 06:23:08 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
I won't comment on the new commish. It's still too early.

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2014, 06:27:17 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Commish wasn't clear because you've been harping on my replacement. Remember the "whatever latka" comment?
Bfm... the "well, Latke" comment ( http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=71642.msg1728463#msg1728463 ) was made by eja (not the commish) in this thread in August... He said it in reference to my avatar in midst of a discussion about how soon we needed to find replacements for Lucky17 and You.  I figured we could wait until post-draft... eja thought we should do it pre-draft.  Byennie decided pre-draft... hence why we've just found replacements for Lucky17 and You.  The fact that you remember that comment essentially proves that you've been aware of the public perception that you had quit and we needed to find your replacement.  Again... sorry for the miscommunication, but I don't think anyone here was aware of what you were silently communicating. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 06:32:29 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2014, 06:32:27 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
Re-read what I've written. I know Eja made that comment. And I read his posts because  a lot of them are funny (shout out to CB bar N lounge). I chose not to respond to your replacement nonsense because I knew it was not your place to decide. Had I felt otherwise, I wouldn't have spent any time registering my team, reading abt my players' off season updates, changing the settings so I don't get an email everytimr someone posts on yahoo message boards....I would have ignored all that. And I wouldn't be arguing with you right now. It's 4 am at my place.

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2014, 06:35:24 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Re-read what I've written. I know Eja made that comment. And I read his posts because  a lot of them are funny (shout out to CB bar N lounge). I chose not to respond to your replacement nonsense because I knew it was not your place to decide. Had I felt otherwise, I wouldn't have spent any time registering my team, reading abt my players' off season updates, changing the settings so I don't get an email everytimr someone posts on yahoo message boards....I would have ignored all that. And I wouldn't be arguing with you right now. It's 4 am at my place.
Come on man... Hey... See that's the difference between us.  You think we're fighting... and I think we're finally talking.