Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 325861 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2014, 05:55:32 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
We need to get to 20 teams before setting a date. Most people piled in pretty quick, so hopefully we'll have it sorted soon.

Looks like we're missing:

Champkind (he's probably writing love letters to The Walker Wiggle)
Juggernauts
LarBird 33

plus a replacement for Lucky17 (and Des. Drinkers... though he's signed back up).

Champ is in now. I'm assuming Bellevue is good to go based on heavy recent involvement and will give him some more time. So that would leave us with the need for 2 GM replacements (Lucky17 and Juggernauts).

Please send me nominations privately, and they will be considered on a first-come, first-serve basis (although I do reserve the right to favor an experienced CBlogger over a random buddy).

Spoke too soon, Juggs is in.

Does that mean we are down to a single replacement, or has anyone joined that still intends to relinquish their team?

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2014, 05:59:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Wait... I accepted the invitation last week.  Does it not show me as a member or something?  /confused.  Edit:  Weird.  I accepted again and it looks like I'm in.  Let me know if it doesn't show me.

If you'd like, I can help recruit our two new GMs.  I believe we need replacements for Lucky17 and Barefacedmonk.  I wrote up those training resources that we can share with them. 

Any idea when the draft may be?  I'm actually about to head out on a brutal business trip from 9/22-October 5th so at this point, i'd strongly vote towards having the draft during/after the NBA pre-season.

« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2014, 06:02:24 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
Wait... I accepted the invitation last week.  Does it not show me as a member or something?  /confused.

If you'd like, I can help recruit our two new GMs.  I believe we need replacements for Lucky17 and Barefacedmonk.  I wrote up those training resources that we can share with them. 

Any idea when the draft may be?  I'm actually about to head out on a brutal business trip from 9/22-October 5th so at this point, i'd strongly vote towards having the draft during/after the NBA pre-season.

For whatever reason, it shows you as not renewed. I sent a fresh link from Yahoo! today, so maybe 2nd time is the charm.

You've got a bunch of picks, so I'll definitely weigh the scheduling heavily in your favor. Although we're running a little late, I don't see any reason it can't overlap with preseason provided we are free and clear by the time the regular season starts.

« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2014, 06:03:07 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
Wait... I accepted the invitation last week.  Does it not show me as a member or something?  /confused.  Edit:  Weird.  I accepted again and it looks like I'm in.  Let me know if it doesn't show me.

Please do feel free to help with the recruitment.

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2014, 06:03:38 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Wait... I accepted the invitation last week.  Does it not show me as a member or something?  /confused.

For whatever reason, it shows you as not renewed. I sent a fresh link from Yahoo! today, so maybe 2nd time is the charm.

You've got a bunch of picks, so I'll definitely weigh the scheduling heavily in your favor. Although we're running a little late, I don't see any reason it can't overlap with preseason provided we are free and clear by the time the regular season starts.
I think it probably should show me now.  I see it still shows my roster without the off-season trades I've made... but I'm guessing that's something you can manually adjust later.

« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2014, 06:06:00 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Cool... give me until tonight.  I can post a recruitment thread later that just gives a brief overview of why I think this league is badass, why people should be interested in joining, expectations of new owners and some links to training resources so they can hit the ground running. 

Side Note:  Should we still refer to this team as Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League in threads?  ... when I set up my microsite ( http://www.nedyken.com/cbpl ) I just called it CBPL (CelticsBlog Points League), because at that point I knew Lucky17 was moving on and the league didn't seem to have an official name. 

« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2014, 06:14:53 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff

Cool... give me until tonight.  I can post a recruitment thread later that just gives a brief overview of why I think this league is badass, why people should be interested in joining, expectations of new owners and some links to training resources so they can hit the ground running. 

Side Note:  Should we still refer to this team as Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League in threads?  ... when I set up my microsite ( http://www.nedyken.com/cbpl ) I just called it CBPL (CelticsBlog Points League), because at that point I knew Lucky17 was moving on and the league didn't seem to have an official name.

You're in now, so we're at 20 and we can proceed with transferring teams as needed.

Thumbs up to a recruitment thread, you've been on fire with this stuff since last season and I'm more than happy to let you run with it.

We can always vote on a new league name just for fun... I don't think anyone would object to CBPL in the meantime.

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2014, 04:40:32 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Will need a replacement GM for this roster:

Russell Westbrook OKC - PG
Al Horford Atl - PF,C
Pau Gasol Chi - PF,C
Larry Sanders Mil - PF,C
Arron Afflalo Den - SG,SF
Brandon Jennings Det - PG
Tobias Harris Orl - SF,PF
Devin Harris Dal - PG,SG
Shawn Marion Cle - SF,PF
Vince Carter Mem - SG,SF
Tayshaun Prince Mem - SF,PF
Brandon Bass Bos - PF,C
Thabo Sefolosha Atl - SG,SF
Chris Andersen Mia - PF,C
Jason Thompson Sac - PF,C
Sergey Karasev Bkn - SG

I hear that Lucky17 guy has some free time on his hands, we should recruit him ;)
I think now that byennie is commish, I'd encourage Lucky17 to take over barefacedmonk's team (Designated Drinkers)... I think that'd be fun.

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2014, 04:51:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
"A Familiar Face Returns as Two Teams Sold"  -  http://nedyken.com/cbpl/a-familiar-face-returns-as-two-teams-sold/

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2014, 05:16:47 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I accepted the league invitation and and I get remove as a GM because Larbrd33 is recruiting folks? Did I tender my resignation to the commish? No. LarBrd33, stop tho nonsense. If you don't want me around, that's a differe
nt story altogether. Buy just because I don't respond to your PM asking me whether I want to continue or not, does not constitue a NO. That's between me and the commish. Stop interfering.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2014, 05:20:30 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
Sorry abt the typos. I'm mad the the at guy  I invited to the league and his trying to run the league like a commish when he is not.

« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2014, 05:22:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I accepted the league invitation and and I get remove as a GM because Larbrd33 is recruiting folks? Did I tender my resignation to the commish? No. LarBrd33, stop tho nonsense. If you don't want me around, that's a differe
nt story altogether. Buy just because I don't respond to your PM asking me whether I want to continue or not, does not constitue a NO. That's between me and the commish. Stop interfering.
BFM... You asked us to find you a replacement months ago... I'm definitely not the only person who remembers that.  We had public conversations about it where I plead for you to reconsider, because you recruited me into the league and I didn't understand why you were now bailing.  I sent you numerous PM's asking for you to reconsider, because I thought you were a fine GM.   You never responded.  There's been several posts in this thread talking about needing 2 replacement GMs for both Lucky17 team and your team...   Why are you just now responding after replacements have been found?  You must be joking.

I for one would absolutely vote to have you return the next time a vacancy opens up.  You did a fine job with that team and were a big help.   As for me helping with recruiting... it's ironic since you're the one who recruited me.

« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2014, 05:23:22 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
And to the commish: did I tell you I'm leaving the league? I did last year when a different commish ran the league. Who is your adviser here? LarBrd33? Disgusting.

« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2014, 05:27:02 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
BFM... You asked us to find you a replacement months ago... I'm definitely not the only person who remembers that.  I sent you numerous PM's asking for you to reconsider, because I thought you were a fine GM.   You never responded.  There's been several posts in this thread talking about needing 2 replacement GMs for both Lucky17 team and your team...   Why are you just now responding after replacements have been found?  Is this a joke?

It's not a joke. I don't need to respond to your PMs. You're not te commish. Do you want me to cite examples of how many GMs have changed their mind later? Their are plenty when you combine H2H and points league. And if you're going to remove me,  let the other GMs vote to remove me. Not because LarBrd33 thinks so. I've never done anything wron by this league.

« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2014, 05:29:29 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
Pls excuse the typos. iPhone is not my best friend.