Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 324098 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2014, 08:54:47 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Technically I think we still need another GM
BFM and LUcky17 both need to be replaced, but neither of them has any draft picks... so it almost makes more sense to wait to replace them until the start of the season when the league is set up in Yahoo and the prospective new GM's will actually have resources available to them to accurate evaluate players and trades.  Otherwise, it's going to be really easy to con someone who doesn't yet know the FP value of players. 

I created some resources (a 101 Tutorial, for instance) that should be helpful in getting new GM's familiar with all he necessary bits.  I can help recruit when the time is right... but I'm not sure it makes the most sense to find people pre-draft.  We should get new folks here once the Yahoo league is set up.  Just my opinion.
I don't mind at all like a 6 week moratorium on new guy trading, but I think they should probably get the opportunity to draft who they want

I was let into a league on the day of the draft and didn't get the message till it had started. Had the #1 pick. Woulda taken Oladipo. Ended up with Bennet.
Again... neither Lucky17 or BFM (the two GMs who need to be replaced) owns a single draft pick in this draft.

So unless the new guys traded into the draft (which conflicts with your 6 week moratorium idea), it doesn't matter.   Also, if we gave them opportunity to trade into the draft, they are more than likely going to get taken advantage of, because they don't have access to the Yahoo league resources where they can actually gauge the fantasy value of players.  So... might as well just wait until the start of the season.  We can brief them, provide them with the training resources, explain all the necessary rules... they can begin evaluating players and start making trades.  6 weeks is a ridiculously long moratorium, btw... As long as they understand the rules and the value of players... and aren't complete fools, there's no reason they can't start making trades immediately.   I had traded my entire team within my first month and I think I improved their future significantly.
Well Latka.....whatever the league decides I guess

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2014, 09:07:50 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
My Roster"

C--Marc Gasol
C--LaMarcus Aldridge
C-Andray Blatche
C--Byron Mullens
PF-David West
PF-Kenneth Faried
PF-Jason Smith
PF-Boris Diaw
SF-Danny Granger
SF-Matt Barnes
SF-Alan Anderson
SG-Rodney Stuckey
SG-Mario Belinelli
PG-Isaiah Thomas
PG-Goran Dragic
PG-Mario Chalmers

NO PICKS
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2014, 04:34:30 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
My Roster"

C--Marc Gasol
C--LaMarcus Aldridge
C-Andray Blatche
C--Byron Mullens
PF-David West
PF-Kenneth Faried
PF-Jason Smith
PF-Boris Diaw
SF-Danny Granger
SF-Matt Barnes
SF-Alan Anderson
SG-Rodney Stuckey
SG-Mario Belinelli
PG-Isaiah Thomas
PG-Goran Dragic
PG-Mario Chalmers

NO PICKS
In case anyone missed it earlier,  everyone's rosters/picks are listed here:  http://nedyken.com/cbpl/offseason-tracking/

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2014, 01:16:08 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Since I might be consumed with my first offseason as commish in the H2H league, figured I'd put my roster out there. Anyone can be moved for the right price but i'm most open to moving the guys in bold. I like this draft but i'm open to moving up or down with my 3 picks:

Archie Goodwin
Arnett Moultrie
Brandan Wright
CJ Miles

DeMarcus Cousins
Jrue Holiday
Kevin Garnett
Khris Middleton
Marcus Thornton

Mike Conley
Patrick Mills
Patrick Patterson
Paul Millsap
Rudy Gay
Taj Gibson
Wilson Chandler

Pick #17
Pick #25
Pick #35

Interested in someone? send me PM.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 10:39:32 AM by Gainesville Celtic »
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2014, 09:13:39 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
It's been a very quiet off season for the Points League Utah Flash. Time to change that up.

The UF roster is below, but rather than just a general, "Hey, send me offers!", to get thing rolling, I will also send some out.

I am looking to acquire a first round pick/s (like who isn't right?) and a 21-30 second round pick.

Free To Good Home
Nick "Rogaine is my preferred PED" Calathes
Phil "Son Of Paul" Pressey
Greg "I am better than you think I am" Smith

Likely To Be Moved
Jameer "Bubbles" Nelson
Evan "Did the UF really trade Henson for me?" Fournier
2015 #1
2015 #2

Likely To Be Moved B/C He Is My Least Favorite Player In The NBA, But He Will Have A Monster Year With The Fakers
Carlos "Booze-Bag" Boozer

Likely To Be Moved B/C I Trade Z-Bo Every Off Season And Then Trade Back For Him At The Deadline
Zach Randolph

Not As Likely To Be Moved B/C They Are Really Good, But I Like Trades
David Lee
Dirk Nowitzki

Not As Likely To Be Moved B/C He Was Terrible And Vacationed Rested A Lot Last Season
Dwayne Wade

Not As Likely To Be Moved B/C I Like Them More Than I Should
Kendall Marshall
Gordon Hayward
James "NBL MVP NBL All Star Five" Ennis

Someone Spiked My Coffee!!!!
Chris Paul
Big Al
LeBron "O.H.I.O." James

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2014, 04:05:09 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
It's that time of year to get the points league back up and running on Yahoo!. First order of business is to get everyone to accept their Yahoo! invite. Everyone should have received an email reminder, but here is a copy of the invitation link as well:

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/13300/invitation?key=08ba8f6502d1bb8d

I'm new to the Yahoo setup process so bear with me, but we'll get this going as quickly as possible. We are going to need at least a couple of replacement GMs, so please send any candidates my way. We'll get them set up, rosters uploaded, and schedule the draft asap.

Sorry for the late start this year, but looking forward to a great season!

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2014, 05:10:42 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
Byennie -- FYI, as Michael Scott once said: "I believe my evite-tation got lost in the mail".

tried the link and it didn't work either (it thinks i'm a new 21st GM).

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2014, 05:13:16 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Will need a replacement GM for this roster:

Russell Westbrook OKC - PG
Al Horford Atl - PF,C
Pau Gasol Chi - PF,C
Larry Sanders Mil - PF,C
Arron Afflalo Den - SG,SF
Brandon Jennings Det - PG
Tobias Harris Orl - SF,PF
Devin Harris Dal - PG,SG
Shawn Marion Cle - SF,PF
Vince Carter Mem - SG,SF
Tayshaun Prince Mem - SF,PF
Brandon Bass Bos - PF,C
Thabo Sefolosha Atl - SG,SF
Chris Andersen Mia - PF,C
Jason Thompson Sac - PF,C
Sergey Karasev Bkn - SG
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2014, 05:32:36 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
Will need a replacement GM for this roster:

Russell Westbrook OKC - PG
Al Horford Atl - PF,C
Pau Gasol Chi - PF,C
Larry Sanders Mil - PF,C
Arron Afflalo Den - SG,SF
Brandon Jennings Det - PG
Tobias Harris Orl - SF,PF
Devin Harris Dal - PG,SG
Shawn Marion Cle - SF,PF
Vince Carter Mem - SG,SF
Tayshaun Prince Mem - SF,PF
Brandon Bass Bos - PF,C
Thabo Sefolosha Atl - SG,SF
Chris Andersen Mia - PF,C
Jason Thompson Sac - PF,C
Sergey Karasev Bkn - SG

I hear that Lucky17 guy has some free time on his hands, we should recruit him ;)

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2014, 05:34:52 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
Byennie -- FYI, as Michael Scott once said: "I believe my evite-tation got lost in the mail".

tried the link and it didn't work either (it thinks i'm a new 21st GM).

Thanks. It seems the mass email is not particularly useful (eja had the same problem). I'll start sending out individual invites to reclaim teams.

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2014, 05:37:47 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
Technically I think we still need another GM
BFM and LUcky17 both need to be replaced, but neither of them has any draft picks... so it almost makes more sense to wait to replace them until the start of the season when the league is set up in Yahoo and the prospective new GM's will actually have resources available to them to accurate evaluate players and trades.  Otherwise, it's going to be really easy to con someone who doesn't yet know the FP value of players. 

I created some resources (a 101 Tutorial, for instance) that should be helpful in getting new GM's familiar with all he necessary bits.  I can help recruit when the time is right... but I'm not sure it makes the most sense to find people pre-draft.  We should get new folks here once the Yahoo league is set up.  Just my opinion.
I don't mind at all like a 6 week moratorium on new guy trading, but I think they should probably get the opportunity to draft who they want

I was let into a league on the day of the draft and didn't get the message till it had started. Had the #1 pick. Woulda taken Oladipo. Ended up with Bennet.
Again... neither Lucky17 or BFM (the two GMs who need to be replaced) owns a single draft pick in this draft.

So unless the new guys traded into the draft (which conflicts with your 6 week moratorium idea), it doesn't matter.   Also, if we gave them opportunity to trade into the draft, they are more than likely going to get taken advantage of, because they don't have access to the Yahoo league resources where they can actually gauge the fantasy value of players.  So... might as well just wait until the start of the season.  We can brief them, provide them with the training resources, explain all the necessary rules... they can begin evaluating players and start making trades.  6 weeks is a ridiculously long moratorium, btw... As long as they understand the rules and the value of players... and aren't complete fools, there's no reason they can't start making trades immediately.   I had traded my entire team within my first month and I think I improved their future significantly.
Well Latka.....whatever the league decides I guess

FYI my intent is to carry this thread into a dedicated forum topic on Yahoo, once we have reassembled. That we can can track it individually, vote as needed, etc.

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2014, 02:07:58 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
Looks like we're still short 4 teams (L17 + 3 not yet signed up).

Do we have a plan for a draft date yet?

thanks

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2014, 04:30:04 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
We need to get to 20 teams before setting a date. Most people piled in pretty quick, so hopefully we'll have it sorted soon.

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2014, 05:14:37 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
We need to get to 20 teams before setting a date. Most people piled in pretty quick, so hopefully we'll have it sorted soon.

Looks like we're missing:

Champkind (he's probably writing love letters to The Walker Wiggle)
Juggernauts
LarBird 33

plus a replacement for Lucky17 (and Des. Drinkers... though he's signed back up).

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2014, 05:54:43 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff

Looks like we're missing:

Champkind (he's probably writing love letters to The Walker Wiggle)
Juggernauts
LarBird 33

plus a replacement for Lucky17 (and Des. Drinkers... though he's signed back up).

Champ is in now. I'm assuming Bellevue is good to go based on heavy recent involvement and will give him some more time. So that would leave us with the need for 2 GM replacements (Lucky17 and Juggernauts).

Please send me nominations privately, and they will be considered on a first-come, first-serve basis (although I do reserve the right to favor an experienced CBlogger over a random buddy).