Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 325803 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 02:55:46 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
Is there an exact date for the draft yet?

After summer league wraps and the hype machine reaches full capacity, we'll set a date that is as convenient as possible for everyone. We can be a bit flexible, but spacing it out I think adds a layer of intrigue with people trying to value summer league performances.
Do you guys usually do the draft on this forum?  I think there is at least one member (Pitts, I think) who do not have Celticsblog accounts.  If need be, we can use the crappy forum I set up... but I seem to remember hearing that Pitts usually just mails in his picks to Lucky17 so it probably isn't an issue.  This is my first year participating in the draft... I'm pumped to see what it's like.
Yes we do it here. You can look back in the archives and find a previous years topic under fantasy sports and games for Lucky's points league rookie draft 2013 etc....
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2014, 03:27:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Is there an exact date for the draft yet?

After summer league wraps and the hype machine reaches full capacity, we'll set a date that is as convenient as possible for everyone. We can be a bit flexible, but spacing it out I think adds a layer of intrigue with people trying to value summer league performances.
Do you guys usually do the draft on this forum?  I think there is at least one member (Pitts, I think) who do not have Celticsblog accounts.  If need be, we can use the crappy forum I set up... but I seem to remember hearing that Pitts usually just mails in his picks to Lucky17 so it probably isn't an issue.  This is my first year participating in the draft... I'm pumped to see what it's like.
Yes we do it here. You can look back in the archives and find a previous years topic under fantasy sports and games for Lucky's points league rookie draft 2013 etc....
Awesome... so it looks like it happened in September one year.  And looks like teams had scheduled picks every 10 minutes.   Rad.  I'm excited.

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2014, 07:52:05 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
How's your team doing after all the free agency/draft craziness?

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2014, 06:32:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I might need to rename my team the "Summerleague All-Stars"... watching bums like Otto Porter Jr, Anthony Bennett, Nerlens Noel, Shabazz Muhammad and Kentavious Caldwell-pope tear up in the summer league might be the highlight of my entire season.

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2014, 08:29:27 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Can we send out a e-mail to everybody's yahoo accounts when the draft is going to be?  I am more likely to check that than celticsblog at this point
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2014, 10:54:30 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Can we send out a e-mail to everybody's yahoo accounts when the draft is going to be?  I am more likely to check that than celticsblog at this point
I think it will be at least a month from now (after summer league) based on what BrianY said.  I haven't heard from him for about a week.  I'd guess he's probably busy at the moment. 

Speaking of e-mail addresses, though... is there a spreadsheet somewhere that lists everyone's contact?  I've noticed this summer that there are a few people I'd like to send trade requests to, but I have no idea how to contact them.   It's also something I could either put on the nedyken.com/cbpl team pages or there could be a private sheet if you worry about random people stumbling on the page.   I guess it doesn't matter once the yahoo league is set up since you can easily e-mail people through that.

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2014, 07:20:15 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
You can get emails from the Yahoo! league:
http://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/2013/23175

Then "managers" should get you a list.

I've been swamped but haven't disappeared. I have a product launch in August keeping me busy atm ...

Thinking a GM roll call and draft preparations around the last week in August, then plan the draft around GM convenience sometime after that.

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2014, 08:05:46 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Guys on my team I'm expecting to have a better year than last year

P Bev...a lot better
Beal....progressing nicely...better
DeRozen...better. THE man the WHOLE year
Hibbert...a bit better. Needs to be the man. Took personal lessons with Kareem
Ryan Kelley. Better. Not tons, but somewhat.
Anthony Morrow.....a good deal better
Demo....better
V Oladipo...better
Parsons....better. THE man now and very motivated. Oh wait. Not the man. 37 year old Dirk is the man.
Rondo...better
Jonas...better

Players I expect to be worse.....nobody.  Not much anyway. It's fair to say if I didn't say they'd be better then I don't expect them to be better.

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2014, 08:05:22 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Any updates on the draft?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2014, 09:54:37 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Any updates on the draft?
Typically in the past the draft was held around the time the preseason was like half over. It's possible I'm thinking of a different league.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:16:20 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2014, 04:09:53 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
It looks like a lot of the previous drafts were held in early September.  We should set a date.

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2014, 09:46:42 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Technically I think we still need another GM

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2014, 05:02:24 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
BFM and LUcky17 both need to be replaced, but neither of them has any draft picks... so it almost makes more sense to wait to replace them until the start of the season when the league is set up in Yahoo and the prospective new GM's will actually have resources available to them to accurate evaluate players and trades.  Otherwise, it's going to be really easy to con someone who doesn't yet know the FP value of players. 

I created some resources (a 101 Tutorial, for instance) that should be helpful in getting new GM's familiar with all he necessary bits.  I can help recruit when the time is right... but I'm not sure it makes the most sense to find people pre-draft.  We should get new folks here once the Yahoo league is set up.  Just my opinion. 

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2014, 05:12:04 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
BFM and LUcky17 both need to be replaced, but neither of them has any draft picks... so it almost makes more sense to wait to replace them until the start of the season when the league is set up in Yahoo and the prospective new GM's will actually have resources available to them to accurate evaluate players and trades.  Otherwise, it's going to be really easy to con someone who doesn't yet know the FP value of players. 

I created some resources (a 101 Tutorial, for instance) that should be helpful in getting new GM's familiar with all he necessary bits.  I can help recruit when the time is right... but I'm not sure it makes the most sense to find people pre-draft.  We should get new folks here once the Yahoo league is set up.  Just my opinion.
I don't mind at all like a 6 week moratorium on new guy trading, but I think they should probably get the opportunity to draft who they want

I was let into a league on the day of the draft and didn't get the message till it had started. Had the #1 pick. Woulda taken Oladipo. Ended up with Bennet.

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2014, 05:53:19 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

I don't mind at all like a 6 week moratorium on new guy trading, but I think they should probably get the opportunity to draft who they want

I was let into a league on the day of the draft and didn't get the message till it had started. Had the #1 pick. Woulda taken Oladipo. Ended up with Bennet.
Again... neither Lucky17 or BFM (the two GMs who need to be replaced) owns a single draft pick in this draft.

So unless the new guys traded into the draft (which conflicts with your 6 week moratorium idea), it doesn't matter.   Also, if we gave them opportunity to trade into the draft, they are more than likely going to get taken advantage of, because they don't have access to the Yahoo league resources where they can actually gauge the fantasy value of players.  So... might as well just wait until the start of the season.  We can brief them, provide them with the training resources, explain all the necessary rules... they can begin evaluating players and start making trades.  6 weeks is a ridiculously long moratorium, btw... As long as they understand the rules and the value of players... and aren't complete fools, there's no reason they can't start making trades immediately.   I had traded my entire team within my first month and I think I improved their future significantly.