Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 324863 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #1440 on: July 04, 2015, 06:21:56 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Ubuntu Yall's 2016 2nd rounder is available for a 2016 pick for anyone who is getting down on the depth of this draft and would like to trade out instead of losing an asset drafting a guy who will end up on waivers by December.

« Reply #1441 on: July 04, 2015, 06:23:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Stauskas is still trash (as of now). GC is right.

Tony Wroten put up numbers in Philly. Doesn't mean he is a starter/quality player. LarBrd33 pimps his players so hard that Russian mafia often takes notes.

Biyombo is next Marc Gasol. Stauskas is next Ray Allen. And we can all grab a seat until this unfolds.

Lucky breaks don't mean jack! Find me one GM who will give up a first round pick for Biyombo (in our league) or Stauskas! Like in the next 24 hours! And if you do, I will give a future second rounder (next year) to that GM.
I haven't really shopped Stauskas, but I was offered two picks in the 20-25 range for Stauskas literally within the last 24 hours.   I wouldn't do it.  This draft blows.  I'm not trading Stauskas without getting a lotto pick at least. 

Note:  I'll reach out the the guy and see if he's open to me sharing his offer.   I'm sure he wouldn't mind taking your 2nd rounder for free.

I'm certain there are others in this league that would gladly give up a pick in the 15-20 range for Stauskas.  He was the #8 pick last year.  He's going into a perfect situation and likely starting.   Prior to the draft last year, he was thought to be a "tier 3 prospect" along with Gary Harris and Doug McDermott.  This year, tier-3 included Willie Cauley Stein (#6), Mario Hedonja (#5) and Justise Winslow (#10).    Granted, not everyone in this league has big-picture perspective on this current draft... but there's certainly a couple who would give up the potential of the guy they are taking with their mid 1st in favor of gambling on Stauskas.   Perhaps someone will admit it and take your 2nd for free.  *shrug*.  That trade has no chance of happening though.   I happen to be one of those guys with perspective... I wouldn't give up Stauskas for a mid 1st (someone like Rozier).  That would be a step backwards for me.   

FYI, I gave up Rajon Rondo to get Stauskas.  He wasn't just some guy I picked up off waivers.  You can undersell him all you want... I know what I have in him. 

PS:  There's some real hypcrisy at work here. You people can't dismiss the stupidity of Charlotte in arguments about Biyombo... A team that passed up 6 first round picks for a tier-4 player like Kaminsky... And then at the same time try to argue that Nik stauskas, a tier-3 player, isn't worth a single first rounder.  Either the Hornets are stupid (which explains their handling of biyombo and their infatuation with Kaminsky)... Or the Hornets are smart... In which case, Nik stauskas is worth at minimum 6 first round picks.  Pick a side and stick to it.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 06:58:53 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #1442 on: July 04, 2015, 07:19:35 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
"You people?!?"  :( ;D

Not sure that's hipocrisy -- CHA *was* stupid for passing up 6 picks.

They can be stupid in how they value picks AND be good talent evaluators. People and organizations are never 100% right or wrong.

Can't speak for anyone else -- but what I've largely reacted to is (a) what I think is an overvaluing of yr players -- which is wise if yr looking to trade them (and you've offered both StauskaS AND Biyombo in this thread and in trade discussions); (b) the strawmen and shifting arguments you've set up -- you love Stauskas but will move him for a lottery pick in a draft that you then claim is horrible --- THAT comes of as hypocrisy IMO.

My guess is that you're being a shrewd GM and trying to maximize the value of your players or picks, or lessen other assets to max yours. That's fine. You should do what u think is best for your team.

But it won't change most other GMs perceptions of those players/picks -- and it's not outlandish to expect some pushback and or ribbing if things don't come to pass as you predict them.

My 2 cents.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #1443 on: July 04, 2015, 07:21:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Lol. True

Happy 4th everyone.

« Reply #1444 on: July 05, 2015, 04:13:21 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Find me one GM who will give up a first round pick for Biyombo (in our league) or Stauskas! Like in the next 24 hours! And if you do, I will give a future second rounder (next year) to that GM.

BFM, if you incentivized me, I'd put more effort into finding additional teams willing to give up 1sts for Stauskas or Biyombo... but in this case, you are incentivizing the other team... so you probably assumed I wouldn't waste the effort.  And you were right in assuming that.  Why would I waste effort proving you wrong just to help another team gain assets?  That would be counterproductive.   Unfortunately for both of us, someone already offered me a 1st for Stauskas... so for me to not admit it would be unfair to that GM considering your public offer.   Despite how it might look here, I honestly haven't shopped either all that hard.  I have, however, had multiple teams offer me 1st rounders for Stauskas ALREADY within the last couple days... the first of which was Pitts (which makes sense given that he's the reigning champion and obviously understands trade value).   So it's only fair that you give Pitts your 2016 2nd.   He's given me permission to share this private conversation:

This was on Thursday the 2nd:

http://i.imgur.com/wOMeu5F.png

Pitts:  "You also hit the gold mine with stauskas getting unlimited minutes and shots on Philly.  I expect you to end up trading him for an all-star and a top 5 2016 1st."   

Me:  "here's hoping.  I wonder if anyone would give me a mid 1st for Stauskas at this point or do they genuinely think that Terry hozier is a better fantasy bet?"   

Pitts:  "I'd trade my mid NBA first (#20) for Stauskas most likely, but that's mostly b/c I like Stauskas this yr on Philly. "

I proceeded to explain why I was unlikely to do that.  I've made it abundantly clear I'm not a big fan of this draft (hence why I started with 9 picks this year and now have just 1).  If I do end up moving Stauskas for a lotto pick, it will likely be so I can flip that lotto pick for something else or use it to acquire a high 2016 1st. 

I later received another offer from a different team of a higher 1st.  Out of respect for that poster and because those trade discussions are ongoing, I will not be making that offer public.  But I was curious what Pitts "best offer" for Stauskas was, so I asked him again yesterday (July 3rd):   

http://i.imgur.com/kBKcXMM.png

Me:  "what's your best offer for stauskas"   
Pitts:   "what's your best offer?"   
Me:  "a mid 1st"   
Pitts:  "I'd consider both 20 and 21."

I'm personally more comfortable with Stauskas than two 1sts that late, so the discussion didn't get much further than that.  I had Stauskas 10th on my board last year in a far better draft.  I could see him going as high as 4th in this one.   Nonetheless, go ahead and send your 2016 2nd to Pitts.   I blacked out his e-mail (since this is a public forum), but I also forwarded you the unedited messages.  You can e-mail him for verification of said communication.  You two can work out sending the 2nd rounder trade to the commish.   

Cool, glad I could help broker your transaction.   Just goes to show you... those who reach out to LarBrd33 for trade discussions tend to profit mightily.  Had Pitts not made me that offer, he wouldn't be sitting on his shiny new Designated Drinkers 2016 2nd rounder.   Fun stuff. 

« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:24:53 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #1445 on: July 05, 2015, 10:03:32 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Wait a second. 21 isn't a first round pick as I have had pointed out to me many times.

Second saying they'd "most likely" and "consider" doesn't really strike me as an offer.

I can't really say that's the equivalent of a 2016 2nd rounder. More like a 2018 or 2019er

« Reply #1446 on: July 05, 2015, 11:29:44 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Wait a second. 21 isn't a first round pick as I have had pointed out to me many times.

Second saying they'd "most likely" and "consider" doesn't really strike me as an offer.

I can't really say that's the equivalent of a 2016 2nd rounder. More like a 2018 or 2019er
20 is a first.  Case closed. Time for BFM to pay up I guess... Pitts offered 20 and 21 for stauskas

« Reply #1447 on: July 05, 2015, 11:41:41 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

20 is a first.  Case closed. Time for BFM to pay up I guess... Pitts offered 20 and 21 for stauskas
Technically in the 2nd case he's not making an offer. He's turning you down. You said the best offer is a mid first and he's like "No. I'd only consider doing this" meaning at this point he's not even doing it. He's probably looking to see if he can get a better player like Parsons (he can't).

I think you have a way stronger point in the first one. But I am neither a fantasy lawyer nor judge nor jury.

« Reply #1448 on: July 05, 2015, 12:00:57 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Pitts Pisces needs to get on this site  ;D
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1449 on: July 05, 2015, 12:30:12 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I have occasionally thought that

« Reply #1450 on: July 05, 2015, 01:15:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Technically in the 2nd case he's not making an offer. He's turning you down. You said the best offer is a mid first and he's like "No. I'd only consider doing this" meaning at this point he's not even doing it. He's probably looking to see if he can get a better player like Parsons (he can't).

I think you have a way stronger point in the first one. But I am neither a fantasy lawyer nor judge nor jury.
You misinterpreted that exchange.  I asked him what his best offer for stauskas was.  He asked me what the best offer I had received so far.  I told him I had received an offer of a mid 1st.  He upped his offer to 20 and 21.  He had previously already offered me 20 alone.

For clarification, I define a mid 1st as 13-17. At this point, there is no sense in me trading stauskas unless I'm guatanteed a prospect on his level like Winslow, WCS or mario... All of which will likely have worse seasons than stauskas this year... And all of which will probably be gone by #9.  But I'd have to consider such an offer because I have to weigh perceived trade value.  Lots of people here love those guys.  And as long as people here hate stauskas and love those lesser players, there is some strategic sense in acquiring them.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 01:22:04 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #1451 on: July 05, 2015, 01:20:59 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

I believe he's the poster formerly known here as "JohnnyRondo." He was a regular in the CB Draft but also had his share of fantasy drama that led to his absence.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #1452 on: July 05, 2015, 01:23:06 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

I believe he's the poster formerly known here as "JohnnyRondo." He was a regular in the CB Draft but also had his share of fantasy drama that led to his absence.
Pitts is actually bill simmons. 

« Reply #1453 on: July 05, 2015, 01:39:48 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

God I would love that

« Reply #1454 on: July 05, 2015, 02:01:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

God I would love that
I promised there would be a prize for the winner of the winter bowls.  I had to send him a Celtic winter hat.  Instead of giving me his mailing address, he made me send it to his PR firm.