Author Topic: Klay Thompson's Dad says Love to GSW (rumor/offer)  (Read 40356 times)

Re: Klay Thompson's Dad says Love to GSW
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2014, 03:01:26 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I think it's between Boston and Golden State. It's not over yet......

Its over man bc thompsons dad says so

So you trust Thompson's dad over Ford, Simmons and Woj?

Read your question x10.

Its his father vs some idiots like ford that make up rumors bc its their job. Or they get info so teams like wolves can play games

sooo Woj, Ford, simmons who its their job to report rumors(and reliable ones at that over the years) are idiots? because you dont like the rumors they report?

Well was ford, simmons rumors ended up being true?? They say the celts have the best offer when they dont. Wolves would of accepted the deal by now.

If its between  giving up an extra 1st danny prob done it by now.

These guys except for woj have rarely been accurate with their whispers. Either they make it up or are sukkers

Nothing's done yet. The Warriors just put out the offer.

Its done imo. Wolves would be foolish to not accept the offer

Absolutely. Klay Thompson is closing in as a star in this league. Great defender, great shooter, and he's learning to attack the basket year by year.

If GSW includes Klay (I hope they don't but hey), they have to say yes to that right away. I dont think there will be any better offers than that, unless we give up 4 first rounders. 
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2014, 03:02:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Read your question x10.

Its his father vs some idiots like ford that make up rumors bc its their job. Or they get info so teams like wolves can play games

I'd choose the people who are plugged in to what GM's are saying. Rather then some random person even if he is the father of an NBA player.

I think if klay thompskn himself said the deal was done you wouldnt believe him

His dad has no reason to say what he did to cause his son unnecessary stress. Really high chance its a done deal.

No reason for gsw to wait until draft night to make this deal.
I have no doubts his camp and family was informed he could be traded and is being offered but to say this is a done deal?? **** why do people even waste time with this guy

Did I say its done or finalized. What does high chance, imo mean to you?

« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2014, 03:02:28 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Marc J. Spears        ✔ @SpearsNBAYahoo
Follow

So why would Klay Thompson be OK with being dealt to Wolves? Thompson seeking a max deal that could be easier to get w/Wolves, source said.

Max contract..lol

lol, I hope the WOlves take this into account. so likely you are getting a one year rental with Klay, oorr you are saying this is your franchise guy.

considering they didnt make the playoffs with Love, you are looking at another 10years of no playoff appearances.

I think you're underestimating the power of restricted free agency and qualifiying offers.  They won't have to pay more than the market rate for Thompson.

« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2014, 03:02:41 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Al, GreenWarrior:
You guys don't have players that you enjoy rooting against? I don't believe that at all.

It's no different than someone saying they wouldn't want LeBron or Kobe (in his prime) on the Celtics -- except that Kevin Love is worse than both of those players.

This makes zero sense.

I don't understand the outrage in a really good player like Love wanting to leave one of the arm pits of the NBA in the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Are you a Timberwolves fan?

Nope, not a Wolves fan at all. And I don't begrudge Kevin Love leaving them -- their team is awful. I just don't want him in green.

I read that sentiment: "I just don't want PLAYER X in Celtic Green! He's NOT A CELTIC, blah blah blah" all the time. Why is it suddenly so controversial when its pointed at Kevin Love?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2014, 03:02:56 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
If its true than Ainge needs to put together a final package and take it or leave it to minny but not go nuts on offer.  If we don't get love?wait the world won't end.  We have #6 and #17 picks in a stacked draft, trade assets galore.  Noah could be had, gortat, pau (one or two), asik, okafor, out of that pack the only one you'd have to give lots for would be noah (who i'd love in green)

I don't see minny benefitting greatly from adding a lesser Love (David Lee) and Thompson.  Rubio still has his limits  ;) .  Where is there improvement coming from to make playoffs?

« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2014, 03:03:17 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
Let's change the title of the thread to "Thompson's Dad/Stein says love to GSW" so we don't get multiples here.

It's disappointing but the Celtics will be fine. It just means we may not be able to keep Rondo.

« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2014, 03:04:05 PM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
@Chris_Broussard  58s
Sources: Twolves & Warriors discussing Possible trade: KLove, KMartin, JJBarea, 13th pick for Klay Thompson and David Lee

« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2014, 03:04:50 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
You guys don't have players that you enjoy rooting against? I don't believe that at all.

It's no different than someone saying they wouldn't want LeBron or Kobe (in his prime) on the Celtics -- except that Kevin Love is worse than both of those players.

I love rooting against kobe and LeBron because 1 of em seems like a pompous a$$ and the other is a cowardice tool.

but Love never struck me as a guy that needed to be rooted against. to each his own I guess.

Kevin Love quit on his team harder than LeBron ever will.

People complain all the time about stars expecting to be gifted success, and I don't think anyone exemplifies the negative aspects of that sort of "entitlement" nearly as much as Kevin Love (even if his name doesn't come up in that discussion because he puts up good numbers and is never on television).

there's quite a bit of difference between love and LeBron. LeBron quit on a 50+ win team that just lost in the eastern finals.

Love is giving up on a team going no where. he sees the writing on the wall that they'll never be equipped to surround him with better players. no free agents are going to go there, they don't really have any assets to use in trade & they have a history of drafting poorly.

I agree with your assessment of the Timberwolves. I still don't want him anywhere near the Celtics.  ;)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2014, 03:05:18 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Let's change the title of the thread to "Thompson's Dad/Stein says love to GSW" so we don't get multiples here.

It's disappointing but the Celtics will be fine. It just means we may not be able to keep Rondo.
Stein hasn't said that though, so such a title would be inaccurate.

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2014, 03:05:25 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Klay Thompson's got a 14 PER and he's no great shakes as a defender either. He's no All-Star this year or likely any year. Lee's a very good player with a bad contract.

We may lose out on Love, but not because we didn't have the best deal on the table from a long-term perspective.

« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2014, 03:06:09 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
@Chris_Broussard  58s
Sources: Twolves & Warriors discussing Possible trade: KLove, KMartin, JJBarea, 13th pick for Klay Thompson and David Lee

WHAT! So Wolves are offering THEIR own pick, Barea, Martin, and Love for Thompson/Lee? LOL, either Saunders is high on smack, or clearly smoke screening.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2014, 03:06:14 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Read your question x10.

sooo Woj, Ford, simmons who its their job to report rumors(and reliable ones at that over the years) are idiots? because you dont like the rumors they report?

Well was ford, simmons rumors ended up being true?? They say the celts have the best offer when they dont. Wolves would of accepted the deal by now.

If its between  giving up an extra 1st danny prob done it by now.

These guys except for woj have rarely been accurate with their whispers. Either they make it up or are sukkers

Nothing's done yet. The Warriors just put out the offer.

Exactly, no deal should be done until closer to the draft.  Minnesota should and will milk it as long as possible.  To me I really don't look at Lee as a great asset though.  He's owed 2 more years at 15 million +  per year for an injury prone player.  Thompson is a quality player but not as much for only 1 year plus an option year and then the draft pick, well who knows how low that will be...   

« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2014, 03:06:41 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
That is a pretty good offer. Understandable if Minny choose to go that direction (win-now) over Boston's offer (rebuilding). Enough talent in the deal to make that worthwhile to Minny.

« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2014, 03:07:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
@Chris_Broussard  58s

Looks like a good deal for both sides. Wolves need to get rid of martin and this is the perfect way

« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2014, 03:07:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
@Chris_Broussard  58s

Twolves would be giving up a #1, along with Love?

Are we sure that David Kahn isn't just wearing a Flip Saunders' mask?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes