Author Topic: Klay Thompson's Dad says Love to GSW (rumor/offer)  (Read 40489 times)

Re: Klay Thompson's Dad says Love to GSW
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2014, 02:56:15 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I know this came up in another thread, but should we try to take on Lee - I can't imagine it would take very much and he was 3rd team all-nba last year. I get it, he isn't Love, but he is very good, consistent and on a two year contract.

We could then do everything possible to go after Melo (and possibly Chandler - if not, TPE for Asik, I guess).

That is assuming Klay Thompson's dad knows what he's talking about - and I do have my doubts.
meh if we don't land Love or Melo we will tank. Rondo won't last through the year.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2014, 02:56:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
isn't klay just a slightly better kyle korver?

if the 8th seed is Minn. goal? then...they'll be really upset when it doesn't happen. way to shoot for the stars....
No Klay Thompson is a top notch defender who can also handle the ball.

If the Warriors did offer that package, either the Wolves are waiting to see if anyone will up their offer or they are trying to find a third team to take David Lee.
Eh.

He's a versatile defender, he's not elite just can deal with most PG/SGs and smaller SFs.

His ball-handling is overstated because they take Curry off the ball due to his shakiness with that.

« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2014, 02:56:33 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I think it's between Boston and Golden State. It's not over yet......

Its over man bc thompsons dad says so

So you trust Thompson's dad over Ford, Simmons and Woj?

Read your question x10.

Its his father vs some idiots like ford that make up rumors bc its their job. Or they get info so teams like wolves can play games

sooo Woj, Ford, simmons who its their job to report rumors(and reliable ones at that over the years) are idiots? because you dont like the rumors they report?

Well was ford, simmons rumors ended up being true?? They say the celts have the best offer when they dont. Wolves would of accepted the deal by now.

If its between  giving up an extra 1st danny prob done it by now.

These guys except for woj have rarely been accurate with their whispers. Either they make it up or are sukkers

Nothing's done yet. The Warriors just put out the offer.

Its done imo. Wolves would be foolish to not accept the offer

It's done only to you. That doesn't mean that the Wolves are considering offers.

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2014, 02:56:46 PM »

Offline KamikazeK

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
 Marc J. Spears        ✔ @SpearsNBAYahoo
Follow

So why would Klay Thompson be OK with being dealt to Wolves? Thompson seeking a max deal that could be easier to get w/Wolves, source said.

Max contract..lol

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2014, 02:56:56 PM »

Offline merkins

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
Time to move on from Love hypotheticals, we have assets but not the type that Minnesota is currently looking for.  Now how do we slide around in the draft to get the guys Ainge wants is the question-

« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2014, 02:57:28 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Pretty good offer, I admit. Hopefully Warriors back out.

You don't think the Celtics have a chance?

« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2014, 02:57:41 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
You guys don't have players that you enjoy rooting against? I don't believe that at all.

It's no different than someone saying they wouldn't want LeBron or Kobe (in his prime) on the Celtics -- except that Kevin Love is worse than both of those players.

I love rooting against kobe and LeBron because 1 of em seems like a pompous a$$ and the other is a cowardice tool.

but Love never struck me as a guy that needed to be rooted against. to each his own I guess.

Kevin Love quit on his team harder than LeBron ever will.

People complain all the time about stars expecting to be gifted success, and I don't think anyone exemplifies the negative aspects of that sort of "entitlement" nearly as much as Kevin Love (even if his name doesn't come up in that discussion because he puts up good numbers and is never on television).

there's quite a bit of difference between love and LeBron. LeBron quit on a 50+ win team that just lost in the eastern finals.

Love is giving up on a team going no where. he sees the writing on the wall that they'll never be equipped to surround him with better players. no free agents are going to go there, they don't really have any assets to use in trade & they have a history of drafting poorly. 

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2014, 02:57:49 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Follow

So why would Klay Thompson be OK with being dealt to Wolves? Thompson seeking a max deal that could be easier to get w/Wolves, source said.

Max contract..lol
Yeah I absolutely agree with that, Thompson hasn't shown that level of play yet.

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2014, 02:57:49 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
This stinks was really hoping for Love. C's can't compete with this offer, they would be crazy to turn this down. It's a lot safer than the one the C's offer with picks.

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2014, 02:58:59 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Serena Winters @SerenaWinters  ?  1h

RE: Kevins to the Warriors, Mychal Thompson, Klay Thompson?s father, says ?My source knows what?s going on up there.? (on @ESPNLA710)

Winters is reporting what Thompson's dad's "source" is telling him.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2014, 02:58:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Only way is if they are planning to keep love or is asking a team with a top three pick if want to make an offer b4 he is traded

« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2014, 02:59:10 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I think it's between Boston and Golden State. It's not over yet......

Its over man bc thompsons dad says so

So you trust Thompson's dad over Ford, Simmons and Woj?

Read your question x10.

Its his father vs some idiots like ford that make up rumors bc its their job. Or they get info so teams like wolves can play games

I'd choose the people who are plugged in to what GM's are saying. Rather then some random person even if he is the father of an NBA player.

I think if klay thompskn himself said the deal was done you wouldnt believe him

His dad has no reason to say what he did to cause his son unnecessary stress. Really high chance its a done deal.

No reason for gsw to wait until draft night to make this deal.
I have no doubts his camp and family was informed he could be traded and is being offered but to say this is a done deal?? **** why do people even waste time with this guy
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2014, 02:59:36 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

You don't think the Celtics have a chance?
Depends on what the Wolves value, this deal ties up their cap for the next two years with Lee unless they can dump him. Also the draft pick they're getting will be pretty low and a long time to deliver due to other GSW obligations.

But they'll get legit starting NBA players and one young player that they apparently see as a building block.

« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2014, 02:59:37 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Al, GreenWarrior:
You guys don't have players that you enjoy rooting against? I don't believe that at all.

It's no different than someone saying they wouldn't want LeBron or Kobe (in his prime) on the Celtics -- except that Kevin Love is worse than both of those players.

This makes zero sense.

I don't understand the outrage in a really good player like Love wanting to leave one of the arm pits of the NBA in the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Are you a Timberwolves fan?

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2014, 03:00:30 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
Follow

Max contract..lol

lol, I hope the WOlves take this into account. so likely you are getting a one year rental with Klay, oorr you are saying this is your franchise guy.

considering they didnt make the playoffs with Love, you are looking at another 10years of no playoff appearances.