Author Topic: Klay Thompson's Dad says Love to GSW (rumor/offer)  (Read 40511 times)

Re: Klay Thompson's Dad says Love to GSW
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2014, 02:48:49 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think it's between Boston and Golden State. It's not over yet......

Its over man bc thompsons dad says so

So you trust Thompson's dad over Ford, Simmons and Woj?

Read your question x10.

Its his father vs some idiots like ford that make up rumors bc its their job. Or they get info so teams like wolves can play games

I'd choose the people who are plugged in to what GM's are saying. Rather then some random person even if he is the father of an NBA player.

Well, if Stein is saying that Thompson is included in discussions, and his father is saying he's going to Minnesota, it's a pretty good bet.  Of course, he does work for the Lakers, so he does have some questionable credibility.

But seriously, it's not hard to see how management lets Thompson's agent know, who lets Thompson know, who lets his father know. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2014, 02:49:23 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
You guys don't have players that you enjoy rooting against? I don't believe that at all.

It's no different than someone saying they wouldn't want LeBron or Kobe (in his prime) on the Celtics -- except that Kevin Love is worse than both of those players.

I love rooting against kobe and LeBron because 1 of em seems like a pompous a$$ and the other is a cowardice tool.

but Love never struck me as a guy that needed to be rooted against. to each his own I guess.

Kevin Love quit on his team harder than LeBron ever will.

People complain all the time about stars expecting to be gifted success, and I don't think anyone exemplifies the negative aspects of that sort of "entitlement" nearly as much as Kevin Love (even if his name doesn't come up in that discussion because he puts up good numbers and is never on television).
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2014, 02:49:44 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Freakin Jerry West.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2014, 02:51:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Read your question x10.

Its his father vs some idiots like ford that make up rumors bc its their job. Or they get info so teams like wolves can play games

sooo Woj, Ford, simmons who its their job to report rumors(and reliable ones at that over the years) are idiots? because you dont like the rumors they report?

Well was ford, simmons rumors ended up being true?? They say the celts have the best offer when they dont. Wolves would of accepted the deal by now.

If its between  giving up an extra 1st danny prob done it by now.

These guys except for woj have rarely been accurate with their whispers. Either they make it up or are sukkers

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2014, 02:51:57 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Tank mode again for Boston. Will be interesting to see where rondo goes.

Klay is a restricted free agent so he has no choice where he goes.

Yes he does have a choice he signs a 1 year deal and then goes where he wants...

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2014, 02:52:22 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Read your question x10.

sooo Woj, Ford, simmons who its their job to report rumors(and reliable ones at that over the years) are idiots? because you dont like the rumors they report?

Well was ford, simmons rumors ended up being true?? They say the celts have the best offer when they dont. Wolves would of accepted the deal by now.

These guys except for woj have rarely been accurate with their whispers. Either they make it up or are sukkers

Nothing's done yet. The Warriors just put out the offer.

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 02:52:58 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365

Read your question x10.

last I checked, the wolves havent accepted GSW's offer either...they just made an offer to include Klay in talks .Ford has broken many other rumors...I swear arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall. You only choose to believe what you want to.

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2014, 02:53:00 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Read your question x10.

I'd choose the people who are plugged in to what GM's are saying. Rather then some random person even if he is the father of an NBA player.

Well, if Stein is saying that Thompson is included in discussions, and his father is saying he's going to Minnesota, it's a pretty good bet.  Of course, he does work for the Lakers, so he does have some questionable credibility.

But seriously, it's not hard to see how management lets Thompson's agent know, who lets Thompson know, who lets his father know.

Still I'm a bit skeptical......

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2014, 02:53:07 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
isn't klay just a slightly better kyle korver?

if the 8th seed is Minn. goal? then...they'll be really upset when it doesn't happen. way to shoot for the stars....
No Klay Thompson is a top notch defender who can also handle the ball.

If the Warriors did offer that package, either the Wolves are waiting to see if anyone will up their offer or they are trying to find a third team to take David Lee.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Hold your horses
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2014, 02:54:20 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Tank mode again for Boston. Will be interesting to see where rondo goes.

Klay is a restricted free agent so he has no choice where he goes.

You really think it's over? The reports say nothing is imminent, the Warriors just put out their offer.

Yup. The wolves haven't made the playoffs in ten years. They don't want picks. They want to get to the playoffs and an 8th seed is fine. They have a chance to do that with this deal.

Rubio Thompson Barnes lee and pek.
Plan B: Melo
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2014, 02:54:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Read your question x10.

Its done imo. Wolves would be foolish to not accept the offer

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2014, 02:55:06 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Fingers crossed that this goes through.

Why?

You don't want to see Love on the Celts?

Absolutely not.

He's the best player available in free agency, probably, but -- on a purely selfish note -- I don't want to have to cheer for him. He's been incredibly fun to cheer against, though, because he always gets so pouty when the Wolves are losing.

don't understand the logic?

Yeah, that makes two of us.

I just don't get it....

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2014, 02:55:34 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2014, 02:55:43 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365

Read your question x10.

Its done imo. Wolves would be foolish to not accept the offer

I am glad you are so plugged in with the Wolves management.

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2014, 02:56:15 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Pretty good offer, I admit. Hopefully Warriors back out.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6