Author Topic: Bulpett: DEN makes offer for Love  (Read 7167 times)

Re: Bulpett: DEN makes offer for Love
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 09:36:23 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Read that the warriors were in Chicago watching staukas and McDermott. They have no pick. Leads me to think a deal of love and 13 for lee, Barnes, and Thompson is out there being discussed. Hope not.

Chad Ford: Kings, Nuggets, Wolves, Warriors all watched Doug McDermott and Nik Staukas workout in Chicago yesterday Twitter @chadfordinsider

See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.1QlSeAZt.dpuf

It's more likely they'd just trade Barnes and/or Lee in a deal to some team like Sacramento for their pick.

Mike

Offline NorthernLightning

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • zap
 Steve Bulpett @SteveBHoop

Sources: in addition to Wilson Chandler and Kenneth Faried, Denver offering Minnesota a player they would acquire (Arron Afflalo) for Love.

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
*Raises hand*

Am I the only person who realizes Kevin Love will bolt Denver after the 1 year ala Andre Iguodala? I have no clue whether or not we end up with Love, but why are we pretending Denver is an actual option?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline KamikazeK

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
*Raises hand*

Am I the only person who realizes Kevin Love will bolt Denver after the 1 year ala Andre Iguodala? I have no clue whether or not we end up with Love, but why are we pretending Denver is an actual option?

I can't imagine they would make an offer if they didn't want him without his resigning.

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2014, 10:46:00 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
How do they get Afflalo to send them? U can't sign and trade FA unless they were on ur team the last season.

Affalo isn't expiring. They'd acquire him from Orlando and ship him to Minny in this scenario. How they do that, and whether it's a 3-team trade or a separate deal for Afflalo then shipping him to Mijny is unknown.

Presumably it'd be a 3-team trade, since Afflalo can't be instantly retraded if his salary is aggregated to fit in Love's contract.  Presumably they'd send Orlando #11 overall for Afflalo.

I was thinking the way they'd make the deal actually work is:

Foye/Chandler/Faried for Love

then

Trade their TPE from Iggy for Afflalo

then

Trade Afflalo to Minny for Martin

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2014, 10:54:58 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I still think our biggest competition at this point is GSW. The Bulls seem to be focusing in on Melo - which makes sense because they can just amnesty Boozer and trade Dunleavy to open up room for him without having to give up Butler, Gibson, or the rights to Mirotic. Denver is a joke. Lakers and Rockets don't have enough assets. Suns would have to get Bledsoe to agree to sign in Minny.

2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2014, 11:01:34 AM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston
I still think our biggest competition at this point is GSW. The Bulls seem to be focusing in on Melo - which makes sense because they can just amnesty Boozer and trade Dunleavy to open up room for him without having to give up Butler, Gibson, or the rights to Mirotic. Denver is a joke. Lakers and Rockets don't have enough assets. Suns would have to get Bledsoe to agree to sign in Minny.

True, but no Clay no deal. And Nba 2 guard is a very tough position to fill. There isn't that many good ones out there.  I dont see Kerr as a rookie coach agreeing to give up Clay (maybe he has no say). I could be wrong, but i dont think so.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2014, 11:26:32 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
According to Bill Simmons, for what it's worth, GSW won't trade Thompson.

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2014, 12:16:49 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
According to Bill Simmons, for what it's worth, GSW won't trade Thompson.

And I think that's a deal killer for them

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2014, 12:37:44 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
How do they get Afflalo to send them? U can't sign and trade FA unless they were on ur team the last season.

Affalo isn't expiring. They'd acquire him from Orlando and ship him to Minny in this scenario. How they do that, and whether it's a 3-team trade or a separate deal for Afflalo then shipping him to Mijny is unknown.

Presumably it'd be a 3-team trade, since Afflalo can't be instantly retraded if his salary is aggregated to fit in Love's contract.  Presumably they'd send Orlando #11 overall for Afflalo.

I was thinking the way they'd make the deal actually work is:

Foye/Chandler/Faried for Love

then

Trade their TPE from Iggy for Afflalo

then

Trade Afflalo to Minny for Martin

Actually they can just make it an all-at-once 3-way trade where they use teh Iggy TPE to absorb Martin.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kfa4ur8
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2014, 12:41:56 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Sadly, I've seen it mentioned much more by CB posters than the press in the stories about Love, but if I'm MIN and it's 99% certain I'm losing Love, I'm absolutely using it as an opportunity to clean up my salary cap sheet (like we did moving Jason Terry w/ PP and KG).

I'd make it an absolute condition of a team trading for Love to:

- at least trade for at least Kevin Martin's contract
- at best trade for both Martin and one or both of Budinger/C.Brewer

GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2014, 12:59:04 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Does Denver make this move without Love signing an extension? I doubt it. Best case scenario Denver does do the trade with hopes of signing Love, Love doesn't sign and we get him as a free agent and either get to keep our picks or trade them for another top player.

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
*Raises hand*

I agree, I don't see Love signing an extension and if Denver makes that trade without that their stupid. Love would spend a year there and wont sniff the playoffs. We at least have Rondo and other assets moving forward and play in a weak East.

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2014, 01:03:05 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
Saunders is using these reporters big time right now. He must be actually enjoying this part of it.