Author Topic: Bulpett: DEN makes offer for Love  (Read 7177 times)

Bulpett: DEN makes offer for Love
« on: June 19, 2014, 12:37:32 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Steve Bulpett @SteveBHoop  ?  2h

Sources: in addition to Wilson Chandler and Kenneth Faried, Denver offering Minnesota a player they would acquire (Arron Afflalo) for Love.

Steve Bulpett @SteveBHoop  ?  1h

Note: Denver's pick (No. 11) NOT included in what I've heard Minnesota can get. Tweets attributing that to me are incorrect

Specifics would be nice (how are the Nuggets going to pull off an Afflalo deal?), but Chandler/Faried/Afflalo for Love has to be an intriguing offer for Minnesota.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Re: Bulpett: DEN makes offer for Love
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 12:41:56 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
why don't the c's just trade for afflalo to send him to minny? send the tpe and #17 for Afflalo to go to minny .

Minny gets:Afflalo, Bass, Sully, #6,#brooklyn 2016

C's would still have Non guaranteed contracts of Bogans, Johnson, Pressy, Babb to move in a trade for Asik

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 12:44:57 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Sources: in addition to Wilson Chandler and Kenneth Faried, Denver offering Minnesota a player they would acquire (Arron Afflalo) for Love.

Note: Denver's pick (No. 11) NOT included in what I've heard Minnesota can get. Tweets attributing that to me are incorrect

Specifics would be nice (how are the Nuggets going to pull off an Afflalo deal?), but Chandler/Faried/Afflalo for Love has to be an intriguing offer for Minnesota.

Where's the potential, though, long term for the Timberwolves when it comes to these players?  They all have pretty much become finished products already (although Faried could make significant improvements offensively), and none of them is a franchise player.  I'm just curious as to why they would do that deal.  Maybe Boston really does have the best offer for Love.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 12:52:47 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Where's the potential, though, long term for the Timberwolves when it comes to these players?  They all have pretty much become finished products already (although Faried could make significant improvements offensively), and none of them is a franchise player.  I'm just curious as to why they would do that deal.  Maybe Boston really does have the best offer for Love.

Yeah, Faried is the one there who might be able to elevate his game. Chandler is still fairly up and down. I've always been a big fan of Afflalo, but he's probably plateaued by now.

But, even if they don't plan of using those guys to compete in the short term (which could be a priority for MIN in a Love deal), any of those guys have value on the market for spin-off deals.

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 12:55:49 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The only way, at this point, that I don't see us getting Love is if Saunders makes an absolutely stupid move like accepting the Denver offer in the hopes of parlaying it into a playoff appearance (absolutely futile with the current status quo in the West) and saving his job.

The right move, the only logical move, is a full rebuild. Trade Love, trade Pek, trade Martin if you can. Maybe gamble with Rubio long-term, but they need, more than anything, a reset. They screwed up building around love, try again.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 01:00:10 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
How do they get Afflalo to send them? U can't sign and trade FA unless they were on ur team the last season.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 01:02:12 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
The only way, at this point, that I don't see us getting Love is if Saunders makes an absolutely stupid move like accepting the Denver offer in the hopes of parlaying it into a playoff appearance (absolutely futile with the current status quo in the West) and saving his job.

The right move, the only logical move, is a full rebuild. Trade Love, trade Pek, trade Martin if you can. Maybe gamble with Rubio long-term, but they need, more than anything, a reset. They screwed up building around love, try again.

If trading Love gets Minnesota into the playoffs, is that a stupid move, though? Maybe shortsighted. But it's been a long drought up north.

I was surprised to learn that Saunders has three titles with the Wolves: along with GM and coach, he's also part owner. I think he has job security there.

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 01:04:30 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
How do they get Afflalo to send them? U can't sign and trade FA unless they were on ur team the last season.

Affalo isn't expiring. They'd acquire him from Orlando and ship him to Minny in this scenario. How they do that, and whether it's a 3-team trade or a separate deal for Afflalo then shipping him to Mijny is unknown.

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 01:05:38 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

If trading Love gets Minnesota into the playoffs, is that a stupid move, though? Maybe shortsighted. But it's been a long drought up north.

I was surprised to learn that Saunders has three titles with the Wolves: along with GM and coach, he's also part owner. I think he has job security there.
The Denver deal still leaves Minnesota a worse team and they missed the playoffs this year.

Faried + Pek would make things very tough on the perimeter players, even more so with Rubio's inability to shoot.

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 01:09:32 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

For me, when I hear about a GM assuming coaching duties, it is because they've been given a mandate from management to sleep in the bed they made. It's not the first time with Taylor either, he did the same thing with McHale before he was fired.

I imagine Kahn was given the same deal, but laughed and said, "No thanks. I've got this Nigerian Prince to help out and a bridge I'm buying in Brooklyn."

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 01:10:15 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Affalo isn't expiring. They'd acquire him from Orlando and ship him to Minny in this scenario. How they do that, and whether it's a 3-team trade or a separate deal for Afflalo then shipping him to Mijny is unknown.

FWIW, Orlando could send Randy Foye along with Chandler and Faried to match Love's incoming deal. Perhaps the Afflalo deal is where Denver uses their #11 to get things done.

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 01:17:25 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Is Denver doing this deal with no commitment from Love?
cause I don't see Love signing with Denver long term.

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 01:18:14 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

For me, when I hear about a GM assuming coaching duties, it is because they've been given a mandate from management to sleep in the bed they made. It's not the first time with Taylor either, he did the same thing with McHale before he was fired.

I imagine Kahn was given the same deal, but laughed and said, "No thanks. I've got this Nigerian Prince to help out and a bridge I'm buying in Brooklyn."

I hear you. With Saunders, though, I get the sense that he's riding in on the white horse for the franchise. No coach worth his salt will take a job without knowing whether Love is on the roster. He's got a long history with the franchise, and if there's going to be a hatchet man who sends Love out of town, he's willing to be the guy.

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 01:46:11 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Is Denver doing this deal with no commitment from Love?
cause I don't see Love signing with Denver long term.
Good question as we get closer I expect his agent to get involved it'll probably come down to us and GS and wether or not they offer Klay
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 01:48:53 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Thanks.

I can't wait until this is over... I don't care where he goes at this point, just be done NOW!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)