Author Topic: Trade Idea w/ GS (Lee & Barnes)  (Read 824 times)

Trade Idea w/ GS (Lee & Barnes)
« on: June 18, 2014, 09:08:33 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
After reading the rumored deal below, in which Golden St. is simply looking to shed Lee's deal and attaching Barnes as compensation, why not take advantage of their goal and offer some of our expiring contracts?

Boston
Lee
Barnes

Golden State
Bass
Bogans
Bayless (via S&T at approximately his 13-14 cap figure of 3M with non-guaranteed team options following the first year)

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/thompson/2014/06/18/david-lee-harrison-barnes-tyson-chandler/

The report out today is the Warriors are willing to part with forwards David Lee and Harrison Barnes for New York Knicks center Tyson Chandler.

For the record, a precursory look into this with my sources revealed this won?t happen. But it doesn?t take an inside source to see this would be a very backwards move from Golden State.

The only purpose for doing this deal is to get rid of Lee?s contract, which has two years and about $30 million left. In return, the Warriors would get Chandler?s contract, which has one year left at just shy of $15 million. So, at the end of the coming season, in essence, the Warriors would be free of Lee?s burdensome deal.

Re: Trade Idea w/ GS (Lee & Barnes)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 09:37:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm not really seeing what's in it for us.  Barnes is not enough IMO to justify taking on Lee's deal.  If Lee played a position we weren't already loaded at there might be a case but I'm not seeing why we should help them out

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 09:47:17 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I mean If the Love thing fell through. I wouldn't be opposed to it. Would still have the 6th pick to take someone like Gordon or Smart. Then Move the TE for Asik. Also opens the door to move Sully Green and Bass and a few picks for someone like Melo?? Would be a pretty fun team if you ask me.

Rondo/Smart/Pressy
AB/Smart/Vet Pickup
Melo/Barnes/Wallace
Lee/Hump/Wallace
Asik/KO/Hump

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 09:50:14 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'm not really seeing what's in it for us.  Barnes is not enough IMO to justify taking on Lee's deal.  If Lee played a position we weren't already loaded at there might be a case but I'm not seeing why we should help them out

Then you unload the rest of the log jam in PF and get a Center like Omer Asik. Add some pick/s and other players to do so.

David Lee is not Kevin Love, but he's going to give you a consistent 18 points 10 rebounds per game. I'm not sold on Barnes but, I guess he has the potential to be a good defender.

If that's the only thing that's going to cost us Lee, pull the trigger. Heck, give them some 2nd rounders too if they want.

My main question is, the Dubs are trying to contend. If Lee has two years left, why cant they just run with that remaining two years unless they get an All Star player in return? This doesnt make sense for Golden State.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace