Poll

Would you make this Kevin Love trade?

Yes!
6 (24%)
No!
19 (76%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Would you make this Kevin Love trade?  (Read 2395 times)

Re: Would you make this Kevin Love trade?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 07:25:29 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Yea I do that all day long!!!

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 07:32:41 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'm saying no for the same reason most people are. Four 1st round picks is just too rich for a guy who could (and maybe should) pull a Dwight Howard and go play wherever he wants in 1 year.

I'd give up two 1st rounders and a young player. I think #6 this year is a given and probably our pick next year. They can pick Sully or KO and I'll take back Martin's deal if they want to swap him for Anthony's expiring.

This with #6 and our 2015 1st going to them:

With Martin:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nja2gzq

Without:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k78oyyf

I'd probably bargain with the 2015 Clipper pick too if that is what it takes. But 3 is my limit for a possible rental. It's worth it to me to compete while the East is weak (maybe weaker next year) and also to give Rondo a good reason to stick around in 2015.

Not sure they can get a deal that gives them:

-expiring deals
-three 1st rounders
-a young talented player
-offloading Martin's contract

The only other team that could give them as much is probably Utah. Maybe the Sixers. The idea that Faried and #11 is better than #6 and KO isn't completely laughable but Faried+11 isn't better than KO+6+two-more-1sts+cap-room. That is just common sense I think.

GS has to send back a bad contract to get Love, almost certainly David Lee. They also have no picks, only young (and certainly talented) players. I might deal Love for Thompson/Barnes if I didn't have to take back Lee.

So call me crazy but I might stop at #6, KO, expirings and our 2015 1st. I think that is a reasonable offer and I doubt another team beats it. Four 1st round picks is just insanity to me. I'm loathe to give up 3.

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 07:38:12 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
No...as I said in another thread, 3 draft picks, no more.

If Flip can get a better deal, go fer it!  Love is not the of all and end all of basketball for Boston.  I'd rather draft some young talent and build them up then give away the bank on one player, no matter his stats.

Rak

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 07:44:39 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Boston gets: Kevin Love, Kevin Martin

Minny gets: Brandon Bass, Joel Anthony, Keith Bogans, Sully, this years #6 and #17, New Jersey's 2016 and 2018 pick.

No. While I'm extremely high on Love, I also value those Brooklyn picks very highly. In 2016, it will likely be mid-lotto. In 2018, it will quite possibly be high lotto.

I would do this trade if the Bkn picks were both top 10 protected (in which case they can have our pick-- hopefully #30!)

Even better, I'd do it if we can give them Crash instead of Bogans and Bass.

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 08:30:15 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I agree with the trade however I would like the ability to choose either Brooklyn's 2018 pick or ours.  I still think we have the best package but I think if they do trade with us KO is gone...
Exactly what I was thinking.  If we get the better of the picks in those years, I would make the trade.

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 08:33:43 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99

Minny gets: Brandon Bass, Joel Anthony, Keith Bogans, Sully, this years #6 and #17, New Jersey's 2016 and 2018 pick.

Too much. swap the Brooklyn 2016 and 2018 picks for the Celtics 2016 and 2018 and we have a deal.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 08:43:27 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Nope, too much.  Sully, this years 6th, and one other first.  I wouldn't give four firsts (five count sully) for any player in the nba.  This is almost as bad as the Vikings trade for Hershel walker!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 08:49:08 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
That's  way too much...Minnesota be crazy not to do that deal
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 08:54:13 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Do the NBA rules permit us to condition a future pick on whether or not Love signs an extension with us at some point after the trade is done?