Author Topic: Rockets plan on trading Asik and Lin to clear cap space  (Read 5530 times)

Re: Rockets plan on trading Asik and Lin to clear cap space
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 01:02:52 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
There is always the chance we don't acquire Kevin Love this off season. Then the addition of Asik and Lin for the TPE and Bogans/Anthony on separate trades, is basically a salary gain for us as well. Asik would take over the Hump slot at roughly 2 million less. If we can get a draft pick out of the Rockets we take that as well.

This gives us 8+million expiring next season (Lin) assuming we re-sign Asik for something reasonable and we can draft a couple decent players to develop this year. We can take a pair of guys we feel will be upgrades or depth at the wing.

For example, if we land Smart he is a potential upgrade over Bradley if for no other reason than health at this point. Kyle Anderson at 17 is nice pickup for wing depth as well. There are others that may be available t even better suit our needs. Still a clear improvement of the roster and we fill a big need at center.

We still have assets to get Love if he becomes available with future draft picks.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 01:56:26 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
To me Lin isn't worth much.  He's an overpriced backup PG who commits a ton of TO's for the amount of time he's on the floor.  I would stay away from him.  He's a waste of cap space 

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2014, 02:02:01 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
To me Lin isn't worth much.  He's an overpriced backup PG who commits a ton of TO's for the amount of time he's on the floor.  I would stay away from him.  He's a waste of cap space

That's fine and all, but the Celtics are essentially over the cap.  He may be a waste of owners' dollars, but it has nothing to do with cap space.  People need to let go of their fear of wasting cap space.