Author Topic: Bullpett Seems willing to give Wolves huge stockpile for Love  (Read 7360 times)

Re: Bullpett Seems willing to give Wolves the entire stockpile for Love
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 12:20:41 PM »

Offline KamikazeK

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
since he's unlikely to play a major role on a Title contending team.

Seriously?  ???

Who on earth CAN play a major role on a title contending team? Kawhi Leonard?

I think this "Love isn't good enough" crap is complete and utter nonsense.

Put your money where your mouth is. Explain to me why I'm wrong.

Kawhi Leonard proves that you're wrong. He never averaged more than 12/6 and won the finals MVP this year. If you look at Kawhi Leonard and still seriously believe that Love cannot contribute to a title contender, then I don't know what to say to you. It takes more than 1 man to win a title.

Re: Bullpett Seems willing to give Wolves huge stockpile for Love
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 12:40:47 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Worrying about overpaying for Love should not be our main concern. Lowballing Minnesota and having some team like GSW come in and scoop him up would be a disaster. It was never Ainge's 1st option to actually use all these picks. He was trying to collect enough assets to do almost exactly what he did for our last championship, package and trade them for proven allstars. We will soon have Love, god willing, and in a year or two he will make almost the same kind of trade for a 3rd allstar.

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2014, 12:44:04 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
This article reads to me more like Bulpett's response to those of the posters on the front page here over the past two days who don't want to give up picks and/or KO or Sully for Love.

It doesn't sound like he's advocating handing over all the C's assets, but multiple assets in order to get the deal done.

Bullpett: "With three first-round picks from Brooklyn and another from the Clippers in the coming years ? as well as their own choices ? the Celts should have a very strong arsenal with which to march into battle."

I dunno, maybe I am misconstruing, but seems he favors making available most of our picks to get the deal done.

That would be insane. To me, it reads as, "The C's have plenty of firsts to spare, as well as some young-player assets." I don't see any, "Clear the table, send everything the C's own over to Minny" in the article.

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2014, 12:45:35 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Not sure where this thread is trying to go but to get back to the idea of giving up a huge stock pile for Love.  Minni currently has #13 plus 3 second round picks.  Most of the talk is give them a deal that starts with Celtics #6 and #17.  That would be 3 firsts and 3 seconds.  Seems like too many picks for one year.

Maybe there is some truth to the point that Minni wants players, not just draft picks.  I don't think our young players hold the kind of promise that Minni would want but seems like we could use our picks to get players from other teams.  The other teams could use the picks to help them get Carmelo (if sign and trade is the path).

I still hope they are able to pull off a Love trade that leaves us Rondo, Avery, and Green along with enough assets to get Asik and otherwise round out the roster over the next season or so.

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2014, 12:49:03 PM »

Offline KamikazeK

• Oshae Brissett
Bullpett is now saying that the only hope to Land love is a 3-way deal because the wolves don't want our assets.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/celtics_insider/2014/06/celtics_offers_for_love_not_drawing_minnesotas_affection

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2014, 12:53:48 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Seriously?  ???

Kawhi Leonard proves that you're wrong. He never averaged more than 12/6 and won the finals MVP this year. If you look at Kawhi Leonard and still seriously believe that Love cannot contribute to a title contender, then I don't know what to say to you. It takes more than 1 man to win a title.

I don't think Kawhi Leonard makes it to the Finals as the best player on his team, which is where your correlation gets bizarre, since Love would be the best player on our team (and, by my reckoning, that team wouldn't make it to the Finals)

Leonard + Duncan + Parker + incredible bench depth > Rondo + Love + spare parts
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2014, 01:07:28 PM »

Offline KamikazeK

• Oshae Brissett

Seriously?  ???

I don't think Kawhi Leonard makes it to the Finals as the best player on his team, which is where your correlation gets bizarre, since Love would be the best player on our team (and, by my reckoning, that team wouldn't make it to the Finals)

And you continue to assume that after Love, the rebuilding stops. That assumption makes no sense. First, it is clear that we would still need to upgrade at center and either SF or SG in order to compete for a championship, and obviously throw together a decent bench. Nobody is saying get Love and we're instant contenders. We have plenty of ammo to go out and get more pieces.

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2014, 01:08:14 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Bullpett is now saying that the only hope to Land love is a 3-way deal because the wolves don't want our assets.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/celtics_insider/2014/06/celtics_offers_for_love_not_drawing_minnesotas_affection
Obviously there have been multiple threads on this, but it matches my thought again.  Our players (Sully and KO and anyone not named Rondo) simply do not have as much value as many fans think.

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2014, 01:10:39 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Obviously there have been multiple threads on this, but it matches my thought again.  Our players (Sully and KO and anyone not named Rondo) simply do not have as much value as many fans think.

It could be posturing, as the Wolves look for more possible deals.

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2014, 01:11:12 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Love is not kg and everyone knows he is leaving Twolves....we should not have to give the farm for him.

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2014, 01:12:19 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
Until draft night we are going to continue to get conflicting reports as it gets closer to trade deadline. Obviously if you are Flip you want to get the most out of any team.

ultimately though I think the C's ultimately end up with love. its all posturing on both sides

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2014, 01:14:35 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Seriously?  ???

And you continue to assume that after Love, the rebuilding stops. That assumption makes no sense. First, it is clear that we would still need to upgrade at center and either SF or SG in order to compete for a championship, and obviously throw together a decent bench. Nobody is saying get Love and we're instant contenders. We have plenty of ammo to go out and get more pieces.

That's not really my position, but that's ok -- I realize not everyone reads all of my posts.

San Antonio snagged Kawhi Leonard, who was a vital role player (and one of my favorite spurs, behind Patty Mills), for Georg Hill.

We got Kevin Garnett for considerably more than that.

I think that Kevin Love skews more towards the Leonard half of that spectrum, based on the 75-ish Timberwolves games I've seen over the last two seasons, as far as contributions to a team that wants a title. That influences my opinion on what would be an acceptable price for him, as well as where I put him in the pecking order of targets.

He's the ultimate stretch four. He's a great rebounder. He's got some inflated numbers from playing on a pretty terrible team, and he's also not the kind of player that can dramatically raise his teammate's play.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2014, 01:14:44 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Love is not kg and everyone knows he is leaving Twolves....we should not have to give the farm for him.

There we go with the farm again.

Where's Elmer Fudd when you need him?

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2014, 01:16:05 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

It sounds like somebody in Minny just doesn't like Boston very much [personally]. In the end, the Wolves need to do what's best for their future and if GS isn't giving up Thompson, Boston's deal seems to obviously be the best one. I can't imagine this is more than just posturing.

Thanks for posting, though.

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2014, 01:16:43 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Seriously?  ???

That's not really my position, but that's ok -- I realize not everyone reads all of my posts.

San Antonio snagged Kawhi Leonard, who was a vital role player (and one of my favorite spurs, behind Patty Mills), for Georg Hill.

We got Kevin Garnett for considerably more than that.

I think that Kevin Love skews more towards the Leonard half of that spectrum, based on the 75-ish Timberwolves games I've seen over the last two seasons, as far as contributions to a team that wants a title. That influences my opinion on what would be an acceptable price for him, as well as where I put him in the pecking order of targets.

He's the ultimate stretch four. He's a great rebounder. He's got some inflated numbers from playing on a pretty terrible team, and he's also not the kind of player that can dramatically raise his teammate's play.

The Spurs traded for a draft pick.  Do you really think they could trade Hill to get Leonard the player established in the NBA now?