Author Topic: Best for the NBA  (Read 1681 times)

Best for the NBA
« on: June 17, 2014, 09:54:13 PM »

Offline cooper_pc

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Ok guys this is what I think would work for the below 3 teams Celtics, Rockets and Cavs with a cameo from the 76ers or Orlando.

Firstly let me say I am against emptying the cupboard for Love.

Rockets trade Asik to Boston for the player exception and Clips 2015 pick or 76ers conditional pick for pick 25

Rockets trade Lin + pick 42 to Boston for Bogans and Anthony.

This trade gives the Celtics some expiring contracts, a backup PG and a rim protector. It also gives us a pick in the 2nd round that we don't have. The Rockets get massive cap space and 1year of Joel Anthonty.

The Celtics can now let Bradley walk with so many picks if he wants more than 5 mil and has the ability to get 2 top 10 picks by trading some of them if we want to go that way.

Rockets then look to land Melo this year or Love next year but what I would do is sign Chris Bosh as your stretch 4 with the cap space you have just opened up.

Call up Cleveland who need a small forward and complete a sign and trade for Deng + Waiters for Chandler Parsons and future pick or young player. This gives them the defence they so badly need with Harden on their roster.

Cavs trade down in the draft with their #1 pick with the Magic or 76ers who send back 4 & 12 or 3 & 10.

Lebron comes home to Ohio.

Rockets starting line up
PG: Beverly
SG Harden
SF; Deng
PF: Bosh
C: Howard
6th: Waiters

Cavs starting line up:
PG: Kyrie
SG: Exum
SF: Parsons
PF: Lebron
C; Varejao
6th: Draft pick/ Thompson

Celtics starting lineup:
PG: Rondo
SG: Bradley @ 5 mil a season
SF: Green
PF: Sully
C: Asik
6th: #6 draft pick/Olynk or 2nd top 10 pick.

Seems pretty fair...

Re: Best for the NBA
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 02:29:10 PM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57
I like that lineup isn't bad except for the Bradley part.  We need a steady scorer.  Green can score he just cannot do it everyday.  Need a 20ppg who does it everyday.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 02:55:00 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Ok guys this is what I think would work for the below 3 teams Celtics, Rockets and Cavs with a cameo from the 76ers or Orlando.

Rockets trade Asik to Boston for the player exception and Clips 2015 pick or 76ers conditional pick for pick 25

This trade gives the Celtics some expiring contracts, a backup PG and a rim protector. It also gives us a pick in the 2nd round that we don't have. The Rockets get massive cap space and 1year of Joel Anthonty.

The Celtics can now let Bradley walk with so many picks if he wants more than 5 mil and has the ability to get 2 top 10 picks by trading some of them if we want to go that way.

Rockets then look to land Melo this year or Love next year but what I would do is sign Chris Bosh as your stretch 4 with the cap space you have just opened up.

Call up Cleveland who need a small forward and complete a sign and trade for Deng + Waiters for Chandler Parsons and future pick or young player. This gives them the defence they so badly need with Harden on their roster.

Cavs trade down in the draft with their #1 pick with the Magic or 76ers who send back 4 & 12 or 3 & 10.

Rockets starting line up
SG Harden
SF; Deng

Cavs starting line up:
C; Varejao

Celtics starting lineup:

Seems pretty fair...

No, not really.

In your proposed starting lineup, the only difference to last year is landing Omer Asik.

Is Asik going to be the difference maker in turning the Celtics from a 25 win team to a playoff contending team?

I also notice Cleveland and Houston get significantly better while Boston doesn't.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 03:08:54 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I don't think Lebron would want any part of that Cleveland lineup. Lebron/Kyrie/Parsons is an excellent core, but Exum is way too inexperienced and Varejao is at the point where having him as your starting center is probably not a great idea.

And I really hate this deal for the C's. Houston would be doing back flips though.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 03:10:49 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Lebron isn't going back to the Cavs and no way Rockets trade Lin + 42 to us for scraps
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 03:24:40 PM by manl_lui »

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 05:55:35 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I don't think Lebron would want any part of that Cleveland lineup. Lebron/Kyrie/Parsons is an excellent core, but Exum is way too inexperienced and Varejao is at the point where having him as your starting center is probably not a great idea.

And I really hate this deal for the C's. Houston would be doing back flips though.
You hate this deal for the C's because they give up the Clipper pick?  Not sure they are giving anything else of value.

Okay, they do seem to be getting Lin, which I do not want either but my thinking is Houston ONLY trades Asik for the exception if they can also unload Lin.  And not sure if they would even want Anthony as he cannot be cut immediately for savings.  We'd likely have to give up others besides him that can be cut.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 06:47:10 PM »

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4
Lin is owed $15 million in year 3 of his contract or am I missing something?

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 06:55:45 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

Rockets starting line up
SG Harden
SF; Deng

Cavs starting line up:
C; Varejao

Celtics starting lineup:

Seems pretty fair...

with this team, Celtics would be the worst offensive team in the NBA, playoff 1st round would be an achievement.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 07:00:19 PM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29

Rockets starting line up
SG Harden
SF; Deng

Cavs starting line up:
C; Varejao

Celtics starting lineup:

Seems pretty fair...

... on every team involved but the Celtics.

We would be lucky to average 80-85 points a game with that line-up.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 10:51:08 PM »

Offline cooper_pc

• Jaden Springer

Rockets starting line up
SG Harden
SF; Deng

Cavs starting line up:
C; Varejao

Celtics starting lineup:

Seems pretty fair...

No, not really.

In your proposed starting lineup, the only difference to last year is landing Omer Asik.

Is Asik going to be the difference maker in turning the Celtics from a 25 win team to a playoff contending team?

I also notice Cleveland and Houston get significantly better while Boston doesn't.

Hey Gpap,

This isn't a swing for the fences move like the Rockets and Cavs which make them immediate contenders.

This is about getting some more young guys in (two potential top 10 picks)

Securing AB at a reasonable contract and freeing up the books to go after a big name in 2015 with the cap space we would have by resigning Rondo, having cap controlled rookies and expiring deals of Green and Wallace. You would hope you could get Green to opt out and sign something like 4 years 26 million to play with Rondo and the FA we sign. Asik also sees the value of being the defence first centre on this year and resigns for 3-4 year 8 million contract.

Bradley made some good strides offensively as did Olynk with Rondo towards the end of the year, add in our draft picks and we may find that scorer.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 10:54:34 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
did you choose this thread title bc you didnt think anyone would click on a trade proposal?
Greg

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 10:54:56 PM »

Offline cooper_pc

• Jaden Springer
Lebron isn't going back to the Cavs and no way Rockets trade Lin + 42 to us for scraps

I'm not so sure about Lebron not going back but you could be right.

If the Rockets are trying to land another big player they need to shed cap space and I'm sure they would give up Lin and a late pick for that floor spacing 4 they so desperately need.

The heat gave up Beasley for a second round pick to clear his contract to sign the big 3, stranger things have happened.   

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 10:57:44 PM »

Offline cooper_pc

• Jaden Springer
Lin is owed $15 million in year 3 of his contract or am I missing something?

He gets paid a total of 15 million but his cap against any teams total salary is actually 8.3 (or there about) it is the whole poison pill contract that they gave to him and Asik.

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 11:00:11 PM »

Offline cooper_pc

• Jaden Springer

You hate this deal for the C's because they give up the Clipper pick?  Not sure they are giving anything else of value.

Okay, they do seem to be getting Lin, which I do not want either but my thinking is Houston ONLY trades Asik for the exception if they can also unload Lin.  And not sure if they would even want Anthony as he cannot be cut immediately for savings.  We'd likely have to give up others besides him that can be cut.

I agree  they would only drop one if they knew they could drop both...Boston presents a way to drop almost 17 million worth of salary from the books and they only take back Joel Anthony's 3 million.

There won't be many teams that can offer 3 for 17..

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 11:05:43 PM »

Offline cooper_pc

• Jaden Springer
Guys this isn't a win a championship next year move.

If you can get Asik and Rondo on expiring deals and Jeff Green to decline his player option that is the start of a good team. Rondo takes 12-14, Asik 7-9 and Green 5.5-7.5 along with Bradley's 5 million.

Sullinger, Olynk would still be rookie contracted as would our pick this year and next.

Bass is off the books by then and if you need to trade Wallace away he would be on the last year of his deal and with a 1st round pick I am sure you could find a taker.

Plenty of cap space to go get that FA scorer and time to decide if these rookies can contribute on a championship team