Author Topic: The dangerous draft  (Read 1580 times)

The dangerous draft
« on: June 17, 2014, 09:16:37 PM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57
There is not a good option at the 6th spot in this draft.  Are there decent players yes.  Potential All-Star ehh.

KO and Sully will be better next year.  Anybody we add with the 6th pick will make us better next year.  Rondo should be 100% and that will make us better next year. 

This will be the highest pick we have for the near future as far as I can see.  Unless one of those Brooklyn picks turns into gold.  Boston without a star to attract other players just will not get the top free agents.  Weather sucks and the taxes are too high.  It all adds up to years of mediocrity.

I do not like our future if we keep that pick.  Even if we do trade it for Love I do not think that is the solution.  He is not KG/PP/Ray wrapped up into one.

Don't mind me just not very optimistic about our future outlook.  Maybe DA has a miracle up his sleeve.  But I'm not going to hold my breath.

Re: The dangerous draft
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 09:23:26 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
There is not a good option at the 6th spot in this draft.  Are there decent players yes.  Potential All-Star ehh.

KO and Sully will be better next year.  Anybody we add with the 6th pick will make us better next year.  Rondo should be 100% and that will make us better next year. 

This will be the highest pick we have for the near future as far as I can see.  Unless one of those Brooklyn picks turns into gold.  Boston without a star to attract other players just will not get the top free agents.  Weather sucks and the taxes are too high.  It all adds up to years of mediocrity.

I do not like our future if we keep that pick.  Even if we do trade it for Love I do not think that is the solution.  He is not KG/PP/Ray wrapped up into one.

Don't mind me just not very optimistic about our future outlook. Maybe DA has a miracle up his sleeve.  But I'm not going to hold my breath.

Well don't mind me, but I actually think otherwise... The dethroning of the Heat this year, could lead to some interesting off-season acquisitions for teams. The West may be primed in getting even stronger, leading to teams in the East being even weaker, which could lead the way for a team of Rondo/Love to at least make some noise in the playoffs.

I trust DA. I understand he is patient, but also coincidentally impatient too. Ainge doesn't beat around the bush, but he certainly knows when a great deal is too good too pass up. He will definitely look for the best offer, and put his best efforts forward.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 10:30:29 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I disagree. I think Saric and Gordon will be all-stars if they end up on decent teams. I think they will fully live up and exceed their respective Turkoglu and Kirilenko comparisons.

I also think Exum and Embiid won't be, so you can take that for what you think it's worth.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 11:52:39 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
wow this is the most pessimistic thread I've ever seen.

I like how "sully and olynyk will be better next yr." and "we have no stars" and "there's no stars in this draft" and "even trading for Love won't improve this team" are all rolled up into one post. that pretty much covers it. let's close the doors and just bow out of the league and turn the garden into a parking lot. 

but 1 thing if sully and olynyk are so great and untouchable why are we worried?

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 12:07:31 AM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
there are all stars in every draft. its just a matter of having a good scouting team. Do you believe in danny or not? thats what this is about.

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 12:17:05 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
If we keep this pick, then the Best player available is likely to just worsen the log jam in positions/talents we are already well stocked in. In a sense our roster is like a clock that ticks but doesn't tock. We need to use the  talent we already have, to fill out the roster, cos cheering for a rebuilding team is pretty hard work.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 02:19:02 PM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57
wow this is the most pessimistic thread I've ever seen.

I like how "sully and olynyk will be better next yr." and "we have no stars" and "there's no stars in this draft" and "even trading for Love won't improve this team" are all rolled up into one post. that pretty much covers it. let's close the doors and just bow out of the league and turn the garden into a parking lot. 

but 1 thing if sully and olynyk are so great and untouchable why are we worried?

Do you think Sully and KO are stars?  Or will be next year.  I like them as role players but neither of them will be stars in this league.

I did not say Love will not improve this team.  He most definitely would.  I just don't think Love is a Cornerstone player you build around for championships.

I just worry that this draft will have us stuck as the 7th or 8th seed for god knows how long.