Author Topic: Emmanuel Mudiay  (Read 6444 times)

Emmanuel Mudiay
« on: June 18, 2014, 02:37:41 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Where would he go in this years draft if players were eligible to come right out of HS?  4th?  I think he looks better than what I've seen of Exum.

The more I think about the direction of the celtics, I'm becoming less and less fond of the idea of trading for Love.  We have two young players (Sullinger, Olynyk) who I like.  We could get two good players with the #6 and 17 picks.  And next season's draft could be near the same level as this season.  I'm a fan of Mudiay, Okafor, and Turner already for sure and who knows what other players will emerge.  Then we have tons of draft picks beyond that to either draft talent with or to trade for supporting cast players.

I am all for cashing in the pieces for a KG-like trade if a player like that is available, but I don't think Love is that guy and I'd rather wait.  I don't think I felt this way until I started to think more about the legitimacy of the 2015 draft.

Where do you think Mundiay would go if he entered the draft this year?  What about Okafor?  I think they might both go 4th and 5th.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Re: Emmanuel Mudiay
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 03:51:34 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I don't know where they'd go in this draft, but I do know that we have picked the perfect time to rebuild.  The 2015 draft may not have the crazy depth of this years draft, but there is definitely some serious talent in it, particularly at the center position.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 04:12:00 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Question: Which player in the drafts of 2014 and 2015 will average 26/12 over the next five years? The answer is almost undoubtedly none. Trade for Kevin Love and let the perennial dog franchises like Cleveland, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Orlando and Minnesota deal with the teenage "phenoms".

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 05:23:18 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Question: Which player in the drafts of 2014 and 2015 will average 26/12 over the next five years? The answer is almost undoubtedly none. Trade for Kevin Love and let the perennial dog franchises like Cleveland, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Orlando and Minnesota deal with the teenage "phenoms".

How many players in the drafts of 2014 and 2015 will lead their teams to the playoffs within their first 5 years in the league? The answer is almost undoubtedly more than ZERO.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 07:12:55 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
Let's just say that we trade for Love and Asik and add them to Rondo, Bradley and Green.  Now let's go in order of this year's draft: Cleveland(might make the playoffs, 7th or 8th seed at best), Milwaukee(back in the lottery next year), Philadelphia(8th seed maybe, more likely lottery again), Orlando(lottery again), Utah(lottery again), Celtics(3 or 4 seed), Lakers(even with Kobe back, lottery again). The way to attract the third allstar quality player that you need to compete for the NBA championship is to have the other two allstars, like Rondo and Love.

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 08:35:24 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

To be fair, Love was once a teenage phenom and he turned out just fine. Okafor has a dominant post presence for a cieling and Mudiay may be a flashy athlete but he's a composed passer and should be able to score at any level.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 12:15:36 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
This is exactly my point. Let Minnesota take the chance of drafting him. When he came out of UCLA, did anyone seriously envision a 26/12 guy? I certainly didn't. Now that he is a proven elite player, we just scoop him up for Sullinger and a bunch of teenagers.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 01:05:50 PM »

Offline Londongreen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Love is the offensive option on a offensivly bad team. So Yes he has skill, but put him on a stacked team and he ain't getting them Melo, lbj numbers. NOPE!

I like love for the right price, but not for the 6th pick, that can turn out good with gordan, randle or vonleh.

Also center's are looking good in the 15 draft. Like Okafor, Karl Towns and them guys.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 05:37:11 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
Unfortunately, as others have said, no 6th pick no Love. There is no way Saunders can go to the Wolves fans having traded an elite player like Love and not gotten the Celtics best draft pick back. No way it will happen.

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 12:56:34 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Emmanuel Who-diay?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 06:57:19 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Marc Gasol, Dwight Howard, the last few great seasons of KG and Duncan.... there are a lot of NBA big men who are not 26/12 guys that I would prefer over Kevin Love.  Who would you prefer to have?

Defense is much more important than stuffing the stat sheet with points and rebounds.  Guys like Joel Embiid and Myles Turner could be that defensive anchor in the NBA that is hugely important to a team that Kevin Love will never be.

(And for the record, it looks like Jahlil Okafor could be a 26/12 guy on a really bad team in the NBA)
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 07:24:26 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I would take Okafor #1 overall in this draft.

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 07:39:41 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Emmanuel Who-diay?

You'll be hearing a lot about him soon...stay tuned.

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 12:39:56 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Mudiay has looked awesome in the pickup style all america games. I look forward to seeing what he does in a college structured offense and defense.

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2014, 05:08:35 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
I don't think, as Rick Pitino used to say, Marc Gasol, Dwight Howard, a young KG or Tim Duncan are walking through that door anytime soon, but Kevin Love may be soon because he is actually available. He is not the final piece of the puzzle but he is an important piece if a rim defender is also added like Asik. Since I wrote the first post, the situation with Embiid has changed and I have no problem grabbing Embiid instead and building around him, if possible, and passing on Love. The next great center is always not the one in this year's draft but in next year' draft because he is playing against 6'4" baby faced, marginally talented high school kids kids who would rather be at the mall. Do we really want to spend another year tanking for a center we have only a small chance of actually getting no matter how bad we are? Finally, with all due respect to the gentleman who referenced pickup games, give me a break please.