Author Topic: A. Sherrod Blakely - Celtics to view Embiid's medical records  (Read 10883 times)

Re: A. Sherrod Blakely - Celtics to view Embiid's medical records
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2014, 12:50:16 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I think Blakely's mock draft actually makes some sense. 

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2014, 05:13:42 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Report: 76ers interested in Embiid at No. 3

Cbs sports

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2014, 05:19:52 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Sounds like a smokescreen in order to put pressure on Cleveland and have them drop their asking price for the number three pick.

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2014, 05:41:23 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
Simmons actually pointed out in his last pod that everyone is sleeping on Randle to the point that he's now underrated. I think that's a good point, but the fact that nobody is mentioning him leads me to believe maybe some teams are actually seriously interested in him still and just keeping quiet about it publicly.

After Parker and Wiggins go pretty much anything could happen. Yes Exum should probably go somewhere in the top 4 but really none of these guys 3-8 look like they have total bust potential. It's really a deep draft in terms of overall talent.

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2014, 08:01:08 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Cbs sports

It's a setup..
Don't fall for it Danny

Sam Bowie all over again.

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2014, 08:26:22 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Well, some of them, anyway -

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/celtics-view-embiids-medical-records

WALTHAM, Mass. ? Only a select number of teams will get a glimpse at Joel Embiid's medical records and the Celtics will apparently be one of them, according to a league source.

Embiid underwent surgery on Friday to repair a fracture to the navicular bone in his right foot, an injury that will sideline him for at least four months.

Boston, which has the Nos. 6 and 17 picks in the first round of the NBA Draft on Thursday night, is expected to get some information relative to Embiid's most recent injury, but full access to his medical records is unlikely.

Sherrod isn't exactly Marc Spears (miss that guy), and the title of the article is misleading, but it's still an interesting development.  Have you guys seen his most recent mock draft?  It's so off it's hilarious.  He has Orlando taking Vonleh and Utah taking Randle.  WOW :o  Can I have his job?  Smart drops to the Lakers, btw.  Yeah, right.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/blakelys-nba-mock-draft-100-cs-take-chance-embiid

I can envision both happening, actually.

Jazz and Randle:

Salt Lake Tribune (Jazz beat writer) -

Instead, the Jazz seemed more focused on Randle?s 6-foot-9, 250-pound frame ? making him one of the most NBA-ready bodies to come through town for a workout this summer.

The Jazz have been impressed with Randle since last summer and came away even more so after interviewing him during the pre-draft combine in Chicago last month.

"First and foremost, he?s an absolutely great kid," Walt Perrin (vice president of player personal) said. "We had a great interview with him in Chicago. He has an extremely high motor. He?s a lot stronger than I think he even realizes. He?s got big upside."

Magic and Vonleh:

Ken Berger -

The biggest beneficiary of Embiid's injury could be Australian shooting guard Dante Exum. Word among executives is that Orlando likes Exum at No. 4, but with Embiid dropping -- how far, nobody knows for sure -- Exum might not be gone by then. The Magic's dilemma: They want a top frontcourt player to pair with Nikola Vucevic and may not be able to get one they're comfortable with at No. 12. In that case, sources say they may opt for Indiana's Noah Vonleh with the fourth pick.

Chad Ford-

They?ve been big fans of Marcus Smart, but I?ve heard neither of his workouts have been particularly strong. The Exum workout was a wow I?m told. But so was the Noah Vonleh workout. While I don?t completely rule out Smart there, I think it will either be Vonleh or Exum. Some of their choice may come down to who they believe will be available to them at 12.

TP for the info.  Thanks :)  I like Randle, but I thought that his foot might make him slide a bit.  Plus, I always looked at Favors as a 4, not a 5.  Isn't he a bit undersized to play the center spot?

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2014, 08:31:26 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

WALTHAM, Mass. ? Only a select number of teams will get a glimpse at Joel Embiid's medical records and the Celtics will apparently be one of them, according to a league source.

Embiid underwent surgery on Friday to repair a fracture to the navicular bone in his right foot, an injury that will sideline him for at least four months.

Boston, which has the Nos. 6 and 17 picks in the first round of the NBA Draft on Thursday night, is expected to get some information relative to Embiid's most recent injury, but full access to his medical records is unlikely.

Sherrod isn't exactly Marc Spears (miss that guy), and the title of the article is misleading, but it's still an interesting development.  Have you guys seen his most recent mock draft?  It's so off it's hilarious.  He has Orlando taking Vonleh and Utah taking Randle.  WOW :o  Can I have his job?  Smart drops to the Lakers, btw.  Yeah, right.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/blakelys-nba-mock-draft-100-cs-take-chance-embiid

Jazz and Randle:

Instead, the Jazz seemed more focused on Randle?s 6-foot-9, 250-pound frame ? making him one of the most NBA-ready bodies to come through town for a workout this summer.

The Jazz have been impressed with Randle since last summer and came away even more so after interviewing him during the pre-draft combine in Chicago last month.

"First and foremost, he?s an absolutely great kid," Walt Perrin (vice president of player personal) said. "We had a great interview with him in Chicago. He has an extremely high motor. He?s a lot stronger than I think he even realizes. He?s got big upside."

Magic and Vonleh:

Ken Berger -

The biggest beneficiary of Embiid's injury could be Australian shooting guard Dante Exum. Word among executives is that Orlando likes Exum at No. 4, but with Embiid dropping -- how far, nobody knows for sure -- Exum might not be gone by then. The Magic's dilemma: They want a top frontcourt player to pair with Nikola Vucevic and may not be able to get one they're comfortable with at No. 12. In that case, sources say they may opt for Indiana's Noah Vonleh with the fourth pick.

Chad Ford-

They?ve been big fans of Marcus Smart, but I?ve heard neither of his workouts have been particularly strong. The Exum workout was a wow I?m told. But so was the Noah Vonleh workout. While I don?t completely rule out Smart there, I think it will either be Vonleh or Exum. Some of their choice may come down to who they believe will be available to them at 12.

TP for the info.  Thanks :)  I like Randle, but I thought that his foot might make him slide a bit.  Plus, I always looked at Favors as a 4, not a 5.  Isn't he a bit undersized to play the center spot?

He's now listed as 6-10 270 and at the combine had a wingspan on 7-4 and a standing reach of 9-2. I think that's pretty good size especially when you consider how athletic he is. For comparison, Howard is listed at 6-11 265  with a wingspan of 7-4 and a standing reach of 9-3.

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2014, 08:51:57 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Jazz and Randle:

Magic and Vonleh:

Ken Berger -

Chad Ford-

He's now listed as 6-10 270 and at the combine had a wingspan on 7-4 and a standing reach of 9-2. I think that's pretty good size especially when you consider how athletic he is. For comparison, Howard is listed at 6-11 265  with a wingspan of 7-4 and a standing reach of 9-3.

Well, his wingspan is outstanding, and I did remember that he's very athletic, but I just thought that he needed to be a teeny bit taller, not that there's anything you can do about that - platform shoes aside ;)  On the other hand, 6-10 270 would be like going up against the rock that was Ben Wallace, so perhaps his height won't be such a big deal.  You never know.

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2014, 10:17:19 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

Cbs sports

Unsurprised, I would be too. If you hear that Embiid is giving out his records to anybody, it encourages you to think that it might not be too bad, otherwise he wouldn't give them out at all.

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2014, 10:45:47 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Cbs sports

Unsurprised, I would be too. If you hear that Embiid is giving out his records to anybody, it encourages you to think that it might not be too bad, otherwise he wouldn't give them out at all.

That's a great bluff though. Say Embid's medical records look really bad, show them to the Celts and the Lakers, hope that one of the teams above them decide you're trying to steer your client to a good franchise and take the bait.

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2014, 10:58:32 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
lol that theory has already been postulated.

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2014, 12:40:39 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Cbs sports

Has it been reported that they are distributing his medical records to "anybody"??