Author Topic: Milwaukee trade  (Read 3377 times)

Milwaukee trade
« on: June 17, 2014, 09:03:48 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Bass + 17 for Larry Sanders, 31 and 36? Not sure that is enough but it's worth a shot.

Also it's worth noting that Philly has 5 second round picks to go with their 2 lotto picks. Target?

Re: Milwaukee trade
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 09:21:22 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Bass + 17 for Larry Sanders, 31 and 36? Not sure that is enough but it's worth a shot.

Also it's worth noting that Philly has 5 second round picks to go with their 2 lotto picks. Target?

Why would the Bucks ever do that?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 09:30:50 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
Because Sanders is a knucklehead and they get a 1st round pick in a stacked draft...

Do you think Sanders is worth a lottery pick? He might be but I wouldn't risk it. Especially not at 10M/yr.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 09:36:34 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
17 is not lotto pick.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 10:10:22 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I'd do this in a second but Milwaukee's not going to give up Sanders for that package.  They have no use for Bass and Sanders is more talented than anyone they would get at 17.

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 10:29:12 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Why exactly is Milwaukee including two second rounders here?

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 01:29:19 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
17 is not lotto pick.

I am aware, I was asking if he felt like Sanders was worth a lottery pick in this draft because 17 is not in the lottery.

Maybe I view Larry Sanders differently than you guys do. We're talking about the guy who:

-Averaged 7 points and 7 boards on 47% shooting last year
-Had a lower DRtg and ORtg than Bass last season (every season he's been in the league)
-Got a 5 game suspension for smoking pot (repeatedly)
-Is an atrocious FT shooter (career 56%)

So we're not talking Tim Duncan here. There are some rumors the Kings wanted to move the 8th pick for Sanders and Knight. If that is what Sanders costs count me out. Chad Ford even mentioned #8 and McLemore. That would be down right silly.

Now I'm not saying Sanders isn't good but he certainly isn't a sure thing. He's a high upside, high risk and high salary player who we can afford to take a risk on...for the right price. #17 and and expiring deal is the right price. A high lotto pick isn't. I might even include KO.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 04:14:26 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Wow. I'm surprised to see the shift on this. It used to be that the Bucks were trying to do anything they could to get rid of Sanders and if we could just get them out of his money they'd be in. Now he's worth a 1st rounder? Did I miss an article or a report?
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 05:13:42 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I've never heard that the Bucks were desperate to dump Sanders.  I have heard that they want to avoid selling low when his trade value is at a minimum, so I expect them to hold on to him and start him even if they end up drafting Embiid.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 08:29:26 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
-Averaged 7 points and 7 boards on 47% shooting last year
-Had a lower DRtg and ORtg than Bass last season (every season he's been in the league)
-Got a 5 game suspension for smoking pot (repeatedly)
-Is an atrocious FT shooter (career 56%)

The main reason people like him is his shot blocking which you ignore or perhaps forgot to post.   He blocked 1.7 shots in 25 MPG.  For his career he blocks 1.88 shots a game or a shot for every 10 minutes he has played.

I don't think he is as good as some think he does but ignoring his best trait to make a point is disingenuous at best.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 12:14:44 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I've never heard that the Bucks were desperate to dump Sanders.  I have heard that they want to avoid selling low when his trade value is at a minimum, so I expect them to hold on to him and start him even if they end up drafting Embiid.

This.  People here took the "Bucks want to avoid selling low" report and his troubles this year and exaggerated that to "THE BUCKS WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET RID OF SANDERS" as a means of conjuring one-sided deals where the Celtics could get Larry Sanders for the low, low price of Bogans, Wallace, and a second, or the like.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 03:19:36 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

This.  People here took the "Bucks want to avoid selling low" report and his troubles this year and exaggerated that to "THE BUCKS WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET RID OF SANDERS" as a means of conjuring one-sided deals where the Celtics could get Larry Sanders for the low, low price of Bogans, Wallace, and a second, or the like.

The trade being mentioned above isn't just a dump although I don't think the Bucks are the team for Bass.  Bass and the #17 pick have a lot more value than Bogans, Wallace etc...

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 03:21:56 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

The trade being mentioned above isn't just a dump although I don't think the Bucks are the team for Bass.  Bass and the #17 pick have a lot more value than Bogans, Wallace etc...

Bogans has potentially more value to another team than Bass. To a team like Houston who wants to clear cap space, Bogans' contract is highly desirable.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 11:37:04 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Bogans has potentially more value to another team than Bass. To a team like Houston who wants to clear cap space, Bogans' contract is highly desirable.

No he doesn't have as much value as Bass.  He only helps for cap space and his contract is only for 5 million.  That's not enough to allow any team to sign anyone of significance...