Author Topic: Chad Ford: C's may have the best offer for Love  (Read 26457 times)

Re: Chad Ford: C's may have the best offer for Love
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2014, 07:37:30 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
That's a steal for GS.  They want to unload Lee and Love replaces him at the 4.  Barnes hasn't improved at all.  Thompson is the only decent player they give up.  It's a no brainer for GS.
And Thompson is going to require a big raise soon.

He's going to demand, and get, more money than Stephan Curry.

« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2014, 07:52:25 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
That's a steal for GS.  They want to unload Lee and Love replaces him at the 4.  Barnes hasn't improved at all.  Thompson is the only decent player they give up.  It's a no brainer for GS.

You think? I havent watched that much of him, but I would have beennshocked to see him get that much....you think he'll get more than 12 million per year. I always thought of him as a Jeff Green level player. Isn't his PER like 13 or 14?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2014, 08:02:22 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

You think? I havent watched that much of him, but I would have beennshocked to see him get that much....you think he'll get more than 12 million per year. I always thought of him as a Jeff Green level player. Isn't his PER like 13 or 14?
Yeah, but you can't mention PER on this blog.

« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2014, 08:07:04 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
lol sure, I dont believe anyone who is a "poster" on a message board giving rumors.

Plus, I highly doubt that the Wolves would want that offer. from all accounts they want cost controlled contracts. The guys Golden State would be trading them are guys nearing the end of their rookie contracts who either will

A. Bolt, or

B. require too much money that the wolves wont pay.

so, in the end they would be trading Love for a low pick and some 1-2 year rentals....vs. the Celtics who can give them pretty much 4 cost controlled young players (one definitely being a lottery pick)

Plus, I have heard no reliable rumors that Golden state is willing to trade klay thompson.

« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2014, 08:10:13 AM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
some veteran forum poster on Rubechat is claiming he's got a trusted source telling him that a GSW deal for Thompson, Lee, Green and a future pick is basically done.

http://rubechat.kfan.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=276168

sprinkle some salt on this one.

I don't see how the Celtics top that. Green is underrated and Klay will be gone in a few years but while he's there will be a pretty [dang] good shooter. If this is true then good for GSW. Let's hope for someone to fall at 6. Maybe the best trades are the ones you do not make.

« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2014, 08:16:50 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
My sources tell me a Love trade to Boston is a done deal

....and my sources are just as credible as the random fan who posted his "scoop" about Golden State landing Love.

My sources also tell me that Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and Carmelo were all spotted walking down Causeway St. last night.

More to follow.

« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2014, 08:16:57 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Minny would be pretty dumb to do the GSW deal over Boston's.

With GSW trade they get a high salary Lee for 2 more year , both Barnes and Thompson will need to be signed to big long term deals soon, and they will be to good to get a top lottery pick, but not good enough to make the playoffs. They would basically be putting their team in a state of mediocrity (7-10 seed in west at best). No big time free agent is going to Minny to play with Barnes and Thompson, and no high lottery talent would be able to be added to that core.

With Boston deal they get #6 and 17 in a deep draft, who would be on cheap rookie deals for the next 4 years. They get an additional pick or 2 as future talent or trade chips . They get Sully who is still on a rookie deal for 2 more years, and likely won't require they pay day that Thompson and Barnes will likely get . C's can also help Minny cut more salary by taking back Martin for Bogans' contract .

Minny would also be getting another top 5-10 pick next year ( their own) if they do the C's deal .

so would you rather have two high lottery picks , a starting PF (who's only 22 and on a rookie deal) and an additional future pick or 2 , and the ability to shed another long term contract (Martin )

or

Take on Barnes, Thompson as your future core ?

« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2014, 08:26:30 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

With GSW trade they get a high salary Lee for 2 more year , both Barnes and Thompson will need to be signed to big long term deals soon, and they will be to good to get a top lottery pick, but not good enough to make the playoffs. They would basically be putting their team in a state of mediocrity (7-10 seed in west at best). No big time free agent is going to Minny to play with Barnes and Thompson, and no high lottery talent would be able to be added to that core.

With Boston deal they get #6 and 17 in a deep draft, who would be on cheap rookie deals for the next 4 years. They get an additional pick or 2 as future talent or trade chips . They get Sully who is still on a rookie deal for 2 more years, and likely won't require they pay day that Thompson and Barnes will likely get . C's can also help Minny cut more salary by taking back Martin for Bogans' contract .

Minny would also be getting another top 5-10 pick next year ( their own) if they do the C's deal .

so would you rather have two high lottery picks , a starting PF (who's only 22 and on a rookie deal) and an additional future pick or 2 , and the ability to shed another long term contract (Martin )

or

I agree. The ONLY thing that worries me is that the KG trade is still fresh in minds of TWolves ownership and that they won't want to deal another star player to Boston.

Like I worry that Minnesota thinks that if they did deal Love to Boston, that the perception to their fans is that the TWolves end up looking like a developmental league for the Celtics.

« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2014, 08:28:10 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

or

I agree. The ONLY thing that worries me is that the KG trade is still fresh in minds of TWolves ownership and that they won't want to deal another star player to Boston.

Like I worry that Minnesota thinks that if they did deal Love to Boston, that the perception to their fans is that the TWolves end up looking like a developmental league for the Celtics.

its a different front office, I doubt they will let emotion come into play when it comes to doing what is best for their team.

« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2014, 08:30:20 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

or

its a different front office, I doubt they will let emotion come into play when it comes to doing what is best for their team.

Same owner though, isn't it?

Anyway, I HOPE you're right.

« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2014, 08:44:47 AM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
top story on realgm now.

« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2014, 08:46:10 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
Won't Klay be a restricted free agent? That means the T'Wolves would still have a great level of control over him for a few years after his rookie deal.

I think the T'Wolves are just waiting for the Warriors to offer Klay because they don't want a total rebuild. A team of Rubio, Thompson, Lee, and Pekovic/Dieng would still be respectable.

On the Warriors side, a team of Curry, Martin, Love, and Bogut would be solid, at least offensively.

It would have been different if the Celtics had drawn a top 3 pick as the opportunity to take Wiggins or Parker would have been preferable to Thompson. Oh well!

« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2014, 08:50:55 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

He's an elite shooter and SG is the weakest position in the league right now.

I think he'll demand around 10-12 per year as a starting salary and he'll probably get it. Look at how much money Nicholas Batum got offered by Minnesota.

« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2014, 08:53:04 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Won't Klay be a restricted free agent? That means the T'Wolves would still have a great level of control over him for a few years after his rookie deal.

I think the T'Wolves are just waiting for the Warriors to offer Klay because they don't want a total rebuild. A team of Rubio, Thompson, Lee, and Pekovic/Dieng would still be respectable.
Respectable would still mean missing the playoffs, it'd be a weird choice to make.

They'd have to look to flip Lee if at all possible.

I think the Wolves will want to clear their cap, get talent, and get picks. The GSW trade only gets them one of those 3 things. They might choose to do it, but I'll be surprised if its not a more complicated deal to shed some salary to another team in a three-way sort of trade.

« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2014, 08:59:00 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Yeah, but you can't mention PER on this blog.

It's a rare admirable quality of this blog.