Author Topic: Chad Ford: C's may have the best offer for Love  (Read 26545 times)

Re: Chad Ford: C's may have the best offer for Love
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2014, 06:48:38 PM »

Offline cometboy

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 14
I would be happy with the following team next season:

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Love
Asik

Asik and Bradley will provide the necessary defense. We will need more offense than Love and Green provide, but I suspect we will make more moves the next offseason to replace Green. My main point is Bradley will be able to go back to focusing on hounding the PG bringing the ball up to the front court, disrupting the other team's offensive flow. The puzzle would not be complete, but an excellent step forward, depending on the bench.

CB

« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2014, 06:50:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I hate to see KO and Sully go ....both really hurts.....it hurt when Big Al was traded.

Still......Boston NEEDS a Star to go with Rondo.......not maybe another great rookie
...we re talking serious team on the floor in a couple years.

Boston needs to compete ,   Not just every 23 years , but be a factor the majority of the time.

Love is an NBA personality ....a recognized product.....fan draw....TV draw .....the type of player Rondo needs to be serious again.

Given a chance ......I believe. Rondo and Love WILL recruit a third really nice player , and then maybe several KEY role players will want on board .

From every angle it's a win situation

Do what it takes to make it happen

The next piece will fall easier ..... A good center

« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2014, 07:03:59 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I still don't understand why everyone get's caught up in falling in love with the young guys. even if they do reach and live up to their potential, it will likely be 5 - 6 yrs. before we know just how good they are.

if you have a chance to get a player that's good and you know what you're getting you do it. it's easy math. let somebody else wait on that potential.

of course there's situations where you have no choice but to build and wait on the potential of youth like we had to when we drafted pierce. but look at how long it took us to be able to put pieces around him to win.

but if you can get better now, you do it. waiting on potential could easily and is more likely going to lead to more waiting.

« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2014, 07:17:45 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I still don't understand why everyone get's caught up in falling in love with the young guys. even if they do reach and live up to their potential, it will likely be 5 - 6 yrs. before we know just how good they are.

Maybe in a baseball draft when discussing high school players, but that's not an accurate statement about the NBA. In 2 years we know exactly how good 2012 draftees (Davis, Lillard, Beal, Drummmond, Barnes, Sullinger, etc.) are. In addition, just 2 days ago we saw Leonard capture the Finals MVP trophy at just 22 years old.

« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2014, 07:22:51 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I'd miss Sully because I like his attitude and his heart. I'm not seeing why everyone around here loves KO so much. He didn't wow me all that much this year and I don't think he'll ever be much.

But I'd take a trade with Love over these guys any day of the week.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2014, 07:26:40 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I would argue that we don't know - at all - what Sullinger is.

Love is an established NBA star, with the physical ability to do everything a champion needs him to do.

This franchise is the Boston Celtics. It doesn't spend five or six years clinging to the futility of hope, especially not when draft-built champions are as rare as a Rondo trey.

We don't have time to wait. Make the move, Danny.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2014, 07:41:10 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I think by far and away we have the best offer. Also if we give them what is being reported I will throw up from disgust.

« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2014, 07:44:08 PM »

• Ray Allen
I hate to see KO and Sully go ....both really hurts.....it hurt when Big Al was traded.

Still......Boston NEEDS a Star to go with Rondo.......not maybe another great rookie
...we re talking serious team on the floor in a couple years.

Boston needs to compete ,   Not just every 23 years , but be a factor the majority of the time.

Love is an NBA personality ....a recognized product.....fan draw....TV draw .....the type of player Rondo needs to be serious again.

Given a chance ......I believe. Rondo and Love WILL recruit a third really nice player , and then maybe several KEY role players will want on board .

From every angle it's a win situation

Do what it takes to make it happen

The next piece will fall easier ..... A good center

No it won't . How do we get a good Center? Especially after giving up the farm for Kevin Love.

« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2014, 07:46:23 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Maybe in a baseball draft when discussing high school players, but that's not an accurate statement about the NBA. In 2 years we know exactly how good 2012 draftees (Davis, Lillard, Beal, Drummmond, Barnes, Sullinger, etc.) are. In addition, just 2 days ago we saw Leonard capture the Finals MVP trophy at just 22 years old.

We know what those players are now, we don't know what they'll all be in 3-4 years. Some more than others, but unless you're claiming they've all hit their ceilings then the jury's still out on a lot of them.

« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2014, 07:50:21 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

We know what those players are now, we don't know what they'll all be in 3-4 years. Some more than others, but unless you're claiming they've all hit their ceilings then the jury's still out on a lot of them.

My point is that you don't have to wait 5-6 years for immediate return. Some of those players from that 2012 draft are already better than anyone on our team and they will only continue to grow. I have faith in Ainge's eye as a talent evaluator, so if he trades Rondo for another top 8 pick I'd be excited given his track record.

« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2014, 07:50:29 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
So it looks like minnesota knew this all along but threw out reports that the Bulls had the better offer. It looks like mission accomplished if were giving them all our picks this year Sully or KO along with a coupe firsts next year (Clipper and Brooklyn pick) hope that isn't the case. That's way too much, no?

I have faith in Ainge though if it'll help us land Melo and that third shoe drops we have to do it.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2014, 07:52:30 PM »

• Ray Allen
So it looks like minnesota knew this all along but threw out reports that the Bulls had the better offer. It looks like mission accomplished if were giving them all our picks this year Sully or KO along with a coupe firsts next year (Clipper and Brooklyn pick) hope that isn't the case. That's way too much, no?

I have faith in Ainge though if it'll help us land Melo and that third shoe drops we have to do it.

No its way too much.

« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2014, 08:04:34 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

No its way too much.
I bet it'd almost take that save for both the Clippers and Nets it'd probably come down to which one they want one or the other. I think I would do it.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2014, 08:06:22 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

No its way too much.

No, it's not.

« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2014, 08:23:18 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
This franchise is the Boston Celtics. It doesn't spend five or six years clinging to the futility of hope, especially not when draft-built champions are as rare as a Rondo trey.

We don't have time to wait. Make the move, Danny.

You sound like Rick Pitino when he traded Billups.

Billups, Johnson, Pierce and Walker could've been a nice team.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:29:08 PM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.