Author Topic: Chad Ford: C's may have the best offer for Love  (Read 26535 times)

Re: Chad Ford: C's may have the best offer for Love
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2014, 04:13:30 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Ppl will object but if we get love I realistically see Boston as a dark horse location for James. He has a profound respect for the lineage and history of the organization. He also has an admiration for the fan base big time. Love is the stretch four he covets and rondo would make his life easier.

He loves ray Allen and maybe the thought if coming back to Boston appeases ray. He's said he considers himself a Celtic. James and ray could come back in tandem. Pierce as well. He'd be a quality sub for James. The thought of winning again in Boston might be enough to entice pierce to come back as a backup. Ppl say bring Paul to back up melo, well, why not James?

Lebron claims to be a great historian of the league. Playing for the celtics would give him a unique opportunity to play for a historical organization that he couldn't get in Miami or Cleveland.

If we get love I think we are a dark horse. Not many other options to compete and get paid.

As much as I detest LeBron James I would unashamedly cheer him vociferously if he was in a CELTICS uniform next season (along with KLove)

It would make MUCH sense if LeBron came to BOS, though...he'd have a LOT of the weight he's been carrying in MIA lifted off his shoulders...

LeBron wouldn't have to worry about PASSING (Rondo would handle that).

LeBron wouldn't have to worry about REBOUNDING (KLove and hopefully Asik would handle that).

He'd have Rondo heading as 1st line of defense, with hopefully Asik as an able gatekeeper.

He'd have a TON lifted off his shoulders....

« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2014, 04:13:33 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Give up whatever it takes to get Love.  Then target Melo or LeBron.

I like where you're headed

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2014, 04:16:48 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
When was the last time a rookie coach plus vets (egos) have panned out well??

Thibs in Chicago. Derrick Rose won the MVP that year. You might have heard of it.

BS is fresh from college and wasnt even an assistant in the nba before.

That's a good point, if it was June of 2013. Stevens could very well go the Larry Brown/Doug Collins/Paul Silas route, where they eventually get tuned out of the locker room, but we can't say that yet.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2014, 04:20:46 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Ppl will object but if we get love I realistically see Boston as a dark horse location for James. He has a profound respect for the lineage and history of the organization. He also has an admiration for the fan base big time. Love is the stretch four he covets and rondo would make his life easier.

He loves ray Allen and maybe the thought if coming back to Boston appeases ray. He's said he considers himself a Celtic. James and ray could come back in tandem. Pierce as well. He'd be a quality sub for James. The thought of winning again in Boston might be enough to entice pierce to come back as a backup. Ppl say bring Paul to back up melo, well, why not James?

Lebron claims to be a great historian of the league. Playing for the celtics would give him a unique opportunity to play for a historical organization that he couldn't get in Miami or Cleveland.

If we get love I think we are a dark horse. Not many other options to compete and get paid.

As much as I detest LeBron James I would unashamedly cheer him vociferously if he was in a CELTICS uniform next season (along with KLove)

It would make MUCH sense if LeBron came to BOS, though...he'd have a LOT of the weight he's been carrying in MIA lifted off his shoulders...

LeBron wouldn't have to worry about REBOUNDING (KLove and hopefully Asik would handle that).

He'd have Rondo heading as 1st line of defense, with hopefully Asik as an able gatekeeper.

You're taking a lot of LeBron's best skills away with that, though.

Full disclosure: If I'm just arbitrarily placing LeBron somewhere on the floor, I'm replacing David Lee with him in Golden State.

Bogut, James, Iggy, Thompson, Curry.

That would be a fun team to watch, and a scarily effective defensive front court.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2014, 04:26:31 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Give up whatever it takes to get Love.  Then target Melo or LeBron.

I like where you're headed

Me too

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2014, 04:34:48 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Well if you guys think Green is a good enough as the third best player on the team, that's encouraging, but you have more faith than I. And I realize Asik is available possibly for a low price but I have seen him a lot and feel like the idea of Asik as a defender, is much better than the actual reality of him. So I like Gortat better. It's just as well Danny has to fix this team and not me.

Is that because he doesn't block a ton of shots? I think sometimes people confuse defense with shot blocking. They're not mutually exclusive. His advanced stats tell a different story. If he hadn't been stuck behind to elite centers in Joakim Noah and Dwight Howard, he's a clear starter on pretty much every other team in the league.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2014, 04:36:32 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

No way in hell do I want Ray Allen near anything green.  Why do you have to include Ray in your equation?  Let's just make a play for Lebron and leave it at that.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2014, 05:06:53 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I have seen him a lot and feel like the idea of Asik as a defender, is much better than the actual reality of him

I agree.   Behold, the playoffs this year with the sublime performance of Aldridge.

They tried Terence Jones at PF the First game and he scored 45 and Asik played 12 minutes that game.  Game 2 he scored 43 with Asik playing 24w ith Jones starting.  Game three McHale moved Asik to PF and started him and ever looked back and he played 27 and LA scored 23.  Game 4 with Asik at PF, LA scores 29.  Game five Aldridge went cold or Houston contained him depending on your view and he scored 8 with Asik logging 33 minutes.   Game six with Asik playing 33 minutes LA scores 30.  Fat lady sings and the Portland Advanced.  Now some of these times he was playing C.  Lopez scored 6, 6, 11, 6, 17 and 12.

Asik's PER by game was -3, -8, +13, -2, -6 and +16.

His RPG were as follows:  6, 5, 8, 8, 15 and 7.

blocks were 0, 0, 1, 1, 1 and 1.

steals  were 0, 1, 0, 0, 0 and 2.

scoring was 2, 6, 7, 6, 10 and 4.

Fouls were 5, 3, 4, 5. 6 and 6.

Asik did make a difference but he is not a world beater.  One has to consider he was buried on the bench for a lot of the season.   He can board well and doesn't require the ball.   I think worse case scenario is you have a guy like Perkins, whom I give the nod to in shot blocking but he is a better rebounder, who doesn't need the ball and plays D.   He is foul prone.  He will need a team of shooters to thrive.   He is over paid though.

Gortat is a better scorer.   I think he would be a better fit for us given the fact that we are weak in scoring even if we add love.  Gortat is a better shot blocker and Asik, if playing regular minutes is probably slightly a better rebounder but Gortat is no slouch in that area.  I think Gortat is a better fight for us.   

Funny Gortat tweet.

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/gortats-retweet-roils-portions-wizards-fan-base

Both are probably long shots.

He loves ray Allen and maybe the thought if coming back to Boston appeases ray

is their a button to suck away people's TP????????
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 05:34:12 PM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2014, 05:54:45 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
As long as we dont give up any Nets picks... Im open to trading everything else.

« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2014, 06:05:09 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
This has been the vibe I've gotten from all the naysaying and rumors of "better offers" TWolves management has been putting out.  They're claiming there are better offers because they desperately want to up Love's price, either from others or by getting us to bid against ourselves.  Problem is most smaller market teams aren't biting because they know Love won't stay, and a lot of the bigger teams are rebuilding or facing luxury tax issues.

I'm really hoping if we get Love that we're able to hang on to the #17, we could get a nice young piece at that spot, maybe another scoring wing that we desperately need.   Doesn't look like it'll happen, though. 

never ever give up. lol
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2014, 06:12:21 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
Well if you guys think Green is a good enough as the third best player on the team, that's encouraging, but you have more faith than I. And I realize Asik is available possibly for a low price but I have seen him a lot and feel like the idea of Asik as a defender, is much better than the actual reality of him. So I like Gortat better. It's just as well Danny has to fix this team and not me.

Is that because he doesn't block a ton of shots? I think sometimes people confuse defense with shot blocking. They're not mutually exclusive. His advanced stats tell a different story. If he hadn't been stuck behind to elite centers in Joakim Noah and Dwight Howard, he's a clear starter on pretty much every other team in the league.

Can you show me his advanced stats that would suggest he should be the choice over Gortat? And my answer to you is I didn't actually know his blocked shot numbers were average or below that until I checked them after your comment. I've not liked what I saw of him this year, just watching him play. I had thought he was pretty good in previous years.

I'd rather be encouraged that Asik will work out. I have the sense DA wants him and the earlier year deal just wasn't enough for Houston

« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2014, 06:19:51 PM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
I dont want to trade everything we have just to get love..

« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2014, 06:21:49 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

if people think i'm tough on Lebron now. if he played for us i'd be unbearable.

« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2014, 06:27:35 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523

if people think i'm tough on Lebron now. if he played for us i'd be unbearable.

It would take me about 3 seconds to put closure on my dislike for Lebron if he came to Boston.

« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2014, 06:31:20 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
If Lebron came it would truly be a City of Champions
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson