Author Topic: Chad Ford: C's may have the best offer for Love  (Read 26462 times)

Re: Chad Ford: C's may have the best offer for Love
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2014, 10:12:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You guys should try arguing with this:

You will be more successful arguing with that than with triboy

« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2014, 10:19:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Sure. Like arguing with you what a bad pick KO has turned out to be. 

« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2014, 10:23:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Maybe you missed the bulletin

1. I said I am wrong about him being a bust
2. 2 good months does not a good pick make.

« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2014, 10:31:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Well you will repeat you were wrong again if we trade for love and give up the farm for him. 

Guys like smart will become studs while Love becomes melo part 2. All individual stats, max dollars but insignificant results for the team.

« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2014, 10:33:51 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
When did he say he didn't want to go to Cleveland

The celtic fans. So it must be true

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/08/report-kevin-love-doesnt-want-to-play-for-the-cavaliers/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
to be fair this was an old report, in his latest interview at E3 he said something along the lines of the Cavs rumors aren't bogus and he praised them sounded open to going there

That's an old report? lol It's from June 8th. 9 days ago.
Lol not THAT old but you know what I mean with how quick the news comes  and goes that Jackie Mac story feels like a month old
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2014, 11:16:39 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Chad ford is an idiot. He is no woj

Ainge has never overpaid as a celts gm. He will prob offer sully or ko and 17 but thats it. If the wolves say no , too bad.  He is set to draft smart, gordon, randle or whoever drops at 6th

You dont give up everything on a guy who might jet after 1 yr. His verbal promise means nothing to me. Look at what boozer did to the cavs

There is so much wrong with this post... You're deluded if you seriously think Ainge will only offer Sully, and the 17th pick...

Your deluded if you think he is going to give up the farm on a possible 1 yr rental.
I'm sure he'd only do it if Love agrees to sign. And it's not giving up the farm. We don't even have a farm to give up.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2014, 01:29:24 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Sully, # 6 and # 17 is a massive haul for Minny considering the quality available
at # 6 (Marcus Smart, or to a slightly lesser extent Vonleh or Randle) and Sully's potential.  Another first beyond that seems like an overpay to me.  Love is great but he's not a Garnett-entity.
Yes, he's younger than Garnett was but he's also missed a lot of games due to injury...

But, overpay or not, please send picks 40 and 44 to to the Celtics....The Wolves can only
handle so many rookies and I'd like to add Semaj Christon and DeAndre Daniels
or, since we're going for it next year, Thanasis Antetokounpo for defense off the bench. 

To me the Celtics are rich whether they draft Smart/Vonleh/Exum/Randle and Hood/Payne/Payton/Ennis

or go for quick relevance with Love and a free agent or two...(and 40 and 44 heh heh!)

« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2014, 02:30:27 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Chad ford is an idiot. He is no woj

Ainge has never overpaid as a celts gm. He will prob offer sully or ko and 17 but thats it. If the wolves say no , too bad.  He is set to draft smart, gordon, randle or whoever drops at 6th

You dont give up everything on a guy who might jet after 1 yr. His verbal promise means nothing to me. Look at what boozer did to the cavs

There is so much wrong with this post... You're deluded if you seriously think Ainge will only offer Sully, and the 17th pick...

Your deluded if you think he is going to give up the farm on a possible 1 yr rental.
I'm sure he'd only do it if Love agrees to sign. And it's not giving up the farm. We don't even have a farm to give up.
We have a few potted plants on a balcony.  Inside are tiny seedlings that have yet to sprout anything of substance.

« Reply #143 on: June 18, 2014, 04:28:09 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I'm starting to really hope we don't get Love.

The more I look in to this the more I realise how much it would cost is to get (and keep) Love in Boston...both in terms of the assets we'd need to give up to acquire him,  and in terms of the type of money we'd have to pay to get him to sign an extension.

Kevin Love is a nice player but he's just not worth all of that.   He's not a transcendent player - not the type of guy who can transform a lottery team to a good playoff team on his own.   Take one look at his own team for complete evidence of that.

It looks like of we wanted Love we'd absolutely HAVE to gone up #6 and #17 from this year's draft,  an undetermined number of future first round picks and our own young players (Sully or Olynyk - possibly both). 

I'm sorry,  but Kevin Love is no LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant or Carmello Anthony.   Those guys are all elite players who have, at some point in time, almost single handedly led mediocre teams to some degree of playoff success.  These are guys who have are sure things - guys who have proven they can turn a terribly team into a playoff team pretty much overnight.

Love is no such player.  There is no such record of success in his past history.  He's yet to ever prove himself as a leader,  as a clutch scorer,  as a guy who will single Handedly will his team to wins the way Wade did with the Heat that before LeBron and Bosh decided to rock up to South beach.   Love has proven absolutely nothing in this league aside from his ability to fill up a box score.   There are no ex teammates out there talking about how much they love playing with him or how great a leader/worker he is.   There are no legendary films showimg off his great playoff battles.  There's nothing.

For Boston to get Love it looks like they would have to pretty much sacrifice almost all of their future, leaving them with absolutely no backup plan of this expensive (and highly risky) Love experiment didn't work out.

If you want to watch the Celtics as a lottery team for the next 4 years then by all means bring Love over.  If you want to see them actually won something,  then pass on him and let this evil temptation pass.

« Reply #144 on: June 18, 2014, 04:35:26 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Well you will repeat you were wrong again if we trade for love and give up the farm for him. 

Guys like smart will become studs while Love becomes melo part 2. All individual stats, max dollars but insignificant results for the team.

Please don't insult Melo by comparing him to Love.

Carmelo Anthony is arguably the greatest pure scorer of this generation,  at least PASSABLE as a one-on-one defender,  and has had close to 10 season of playoff experience...most of those being cases where he almost single handedly fought of entire opposing teams to advance.  He's a guy who has the capability to dominate LeBron or Durant on any given night.

Love is none of those things.

« Reply #145 on: June 18, 2014, 05:33:19 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Eh there's a rumor floating around that Golden State will offer Klay, Barnes and Lee... that oughta do it.

« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2014, 05:50:23 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Eh there's a rumor floating around that Golden State will offer Klay, Barnes and Lee... that oughta do it.

Some messageboards from golden state are saying its a done deal

Intill i hear wojo or someone decent reporting it. Not believing it

« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2014, 06:32:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

That drains that team ,which is thin down to minimum.

If Curry sprains his toe , that team would would be hard pressed to score 75 points in a game against anybody.   Much less if he suffers another ankle injury .    Their center is made of glass.

First of all I don't believe they would empty their team of talent ,  second , none of those players will stay at Minn except Lee....and they are closer to full contracts , not liable to resign cheap.

Also ......if your starting over draft picks , in this lottery trump Barnes and Lee ,  Klay won't resign in Minn....he'll go to LA , NY , Hpuston.

No picks for Minn , expensive guys showing up that won't like being there .....unproven Coach , never coached any games in college or,NBA .

Kerr is dreaming.

« Reply #148 on: June 18, 2014, 06:58:18 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
some veteran forum poster on Rubechat is claiming he's got a trusted source telling him that a GSW deal for Thompson, Lee, Green and a future pick is basically done.

http://rubechat.kfan.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=276168

sprinkle some salt on this one.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2014, 07:35:15 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
That's a steal for GS.  They want to unload Lee and Love replaces him at the 4.  Barnes hasn't improved at all.  Thompson is the only decent player they give up.  It's a no brainer for GS.